C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

One-touch on right window doesn't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 02:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
One-touch on right window doesn't work

My side windows can be opened with one-touch but cannot be closed. I tried some things that I saw on Youtube but they didn't work...

Any ideas how to fix this?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by dol4er
My side windows can be opened with one-touch but cannot be closed. I tried some things that I saw on Youtube but they didn't work...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Could you give us more details? Does the window move at all with one touch? Does it go half way? Go all the way but open a crack left? Do you have any tint installed?

I have tint and both my left side windows, driver and passenger, wouldn't one touch anymore and if I tried to close the window, it would always back up a little bit leave a small space open. If I fiddled with it enough, it eventually didn't roll back down. I would have to do this every time I wanted to roll the windows up.

I took it to my mechanic and they re calibrated the window sensors to accommodate for the tint.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
Could you give us more details? Does the window move at all with one touch? Does it go half way? Go all the way but open a crack left? Do you have any tint installed?

I have tint and both my left side windows, driver and passenger, wouldn't one touch anymore and if I tried to close the window, it would always back up a little bit leave a small space open. If I fiddled with it enough, it eventually didn't roll back down. I would have to do this every time I wanted to roll the windows up.

I took it to my mechanic and they re calibrated the window sensors to accommodate for the tint.
Mine did that too but I have no tint. I did a reset on the switches and it worked fine. Similar to a sunroof reset but I did the same thing with the windows and it worked fine. Maybe I was just lucky? Either way, it drove me nuts since it started doing it one day out of the blue and now it does not so I am happy.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
It was a desync problem and it was easily fixed. I found a solution on Youtube. You hold the button for 10 seconds when the window is closed and the problem is fixed.