C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Push button start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 241 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Push button start

Been wondering ... with push-button start (I think we call it "Keyless Go"?) is there a way to turn on accessory power to open a window, listen to the radio, etc. without starting the engine?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:44 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
IIRC...............

...........push the start button ONCE (TWICE - IIRC - will start the car).

I don't drive it very much.

Besides, it raining outside.

ez
Old 11-15-2017, 10:59 AM
CJG

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
2016 C300 4MATIC
That seems really odd. I don't keyless go in my Mercedes, but I do in another car. All accessories turn on when you enter the car (with the "key" in your possession). No need to press anything. It would be odd to have to press the button twice to do the primary function, which is to start the car.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
2017 AMG GT, 2015 ML350, 2013 C300
Originally Posted by CJG
That seems really odd. I don't keyless go in my Mercedes, but I do in another car. All accessories turn on when you enter the car (with the "key" in your possession). No need to press anything. It would be odd to have to press the button twice to do the primary function, which is to start the car.
it would start the car if you have your foot on the brake.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by CJG
That seems really odd. I don't keyless go in my Mercedes, but I do in another car. All accessories turn on when you enter the car (with the "key" in your possession). No need to press anything.

OK...so name the car. I have NEVER seen anything that will turn on all the accessories without having to first press a button.

Think about it...this would mean you can never leave the keys anywhere near the car since it'll never shut off.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:46 PM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by edgalang
OK...so name the car. I have NEVER seen anything that will turn on all the accessories without having to first press a button.

Think about it...this would mean you can never leave the keys anywhere near the car since it'll never shut off.
My point is that is seems odd to have to press a button twice to start the. That's not logical, as the primary function of the "start" button is to start the car. It's not a secondary function.

The car I'm referring to is a Ford Fusion Hybrid. And the accessories do not come on simply when the key is near vehicle. It's a combination of opening the driver's door, having the key, and possibly sitting in the driver's seat. I only drive it occasionally, but I'm fairly certain this is how it works. Because I can never tell if it's running or not. When you get in everything is on, dash and display lit up, etc. And since it's running on the electric motor, you cannot tell that it's running. I finally figured out there's a little light on the dash with a couple of arrows that indicates when it's running.

Conversely, if you exit the car with the key and close the door the vehicle shuts off. If the door is open you can walk away and the car will keep running.

Again, that wasn't my point. My point is every car I've owned or driven with a push-button start only requires your foot on the brake and pressing the start button ONCE.

But, this is Mercedes, so who knows WTF they do. I see these very elderly people driving them and assume there is no way they can figure out all the features. Much less program the garage door opener.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 civic Si 2004 Acura TL 2013 MB C350
leave your foot off the brake and push the button....
Old 11-15-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport 3.0L V6
Originally Posted by CJG
My point is that is seems odd to have to press a button twice to start the. That's not logical, as the primary function of the "start" button is to start the car. It's not a secondary function.

The car I'm referring to is a Ford Fusion Hybrid. And the accessories do not come on simply when the key is near vehicle. It's a combination of opening the driver's door, having the key, and possibly sitting in the driver's seat. I only drive it occasionally, but I'm fairly certain this is how it works. Because I can never tell if it's running or not. When you get in everything is on, dash and display lit up, etc. And since it's running on the electric motor, you cannot tell that it's running. I finally figured out there's a little light on the dash with a couple of arrows that indicates when it's running.

Conversely, if you exit the car with the key and close the door the vehicle shuts off. If the door is open you can walk away and the car will keep running.

Again, that wasn't my point. My point is every car I've owned or driven with a push-button start only requires your foot on the brake and pressing the start button ONCE.

But, this is Mercedes, so who knows WTF they do. I see these very elderly people driving them and assume there is no way they can figure out all the features. Much less program the garage door opener.
In my experience, it is not necessarily push the button twice. To start the car you simply push and hold, and for accessories you just push it with no hold. That’s in a w204. Let me know if I’m wrong though lol
Old 11-15-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by CJG
I'm not sure what you mean. This is EXACTLY how it works now. The ONLY reason to push it twice if you want to enable all the accessories without turning on the engine.

As for accessory power, It is no different then having a key. With a key, there is still 2 positions.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM
CJG

2016 C300 4MATIC
I’m referring to the second post in this thread which states you have to push it twice to start the car.
If that’s incorrect none of this matters.