C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Aux Audi only through left speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 W204 Estate
Aux Audi only through left speakers

Hi can anyone shed any light on my issue.

I have a C63 estate with Nav and Bluetooth phone.

The DAB, CD Nav all play through both speaker sides
If I use a 30pin iPod to MMI cable both speaker sides work
If I use a Aux female to MMI only left side works
if I use Aux male to MMI only left side works
If I use a Bluetooth to MMI adaptor only left side works

i have tried 3 different cables and two different Bluetooth to jack converters but nothing.

I've even tried a 30pint to Bluetooth dock adaptor but that doesn't work either although to be fair it doesn't work on my dock either.
This is so annoying, all I want is Bluetooth music through both sides but I can't work out why, I've tried all the settings I can find.

I've also looked to see if I have an extra AUX behind the glove box as apparently some of the iPod equiped cars did but mine didn't.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts!!!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1986 Porsche 911 Coupe, a 2002 CLK320 & 2013 C300
First of all, this is a Mercedes forum, not an Audi forum.

Here's my half @ssed attempt at an answer. Since you have both right and left speaker level audio in some applications but not others, it says your amp, speakers, wiring etc are all okay. You're left troubleshooting two things, the input cables which you've tried changing or the connection of those cables to the command center. You might have an issue with the cabling or perhaps something is not fully connected to the back of the command unit. Chasing down the cabling is going to be a bear, I'd suggest taken the radio out and see what yo can find, perhaps something needs to "click" in fully and you're golden. Sometimes life surprises us like that.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 W204 Estate
Lol, yeah I apologise for the estate / Wagon thing, coming from the BMW estate / Touring world I should have known better hahaha.

I think it's more of an issue with Aux system as I say it plays a standard iPod classic fine on the cable, also anything directly from the head unit works perfect.

The 30pin iPod to Bluetooth adaptor came but they don't work on my old docks or surround sound in the house and also not on the car so back to square one.

Does anyone know if a Apple 30pin to fire adaptor works with the standard MMI cable??