C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

[Need Help] P2187 Error Code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 Kompressor (c200)
Exclamation [Need Help] P2187 Error Code

Hi there,

I have this error code (P2187 The mixture (cylinder bank 1) is too lean at idle speed.) for close to a year now which displayed the Check Engine Light in my car (W204 - C200 Kompressor sedan). I recently went to a repair shop to fix this and they changed both of my Oxygen sensors (costed me around $300 USD) but the problem still remains. The mechanic also checked my hoses and said they were fine. I am now puzzled now on how to solve this problem.

Does anyone have any idea? A couple of symptoms that I am facing along with this issue below:-
  1. Some times my engine would misfire on the first engine start. This happens intermittently. It is not related to the car battery because I have a new AGM battery.
  2. During early morning cold starts, there is a whistling noise from the front part of the car (near the air filter) for about 1 minute. Driving the car with the noise will be sluggish. So I usually wait for a minute for the noise to go away and the car will drive just fine.
Appreciate if anyone can provide some input on this issue. I also have an OBD (iCarsoft MB2) which I used to clear the error codes but the errors returned.

Attaching pictures of the error below:-
Error code displayed using iCarsoft MB2 OBD.