C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Manual W204 Manual not showing when to change gear on display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Blueefficiency C220 CDI
Manual W204 Manual not showing when to change gear on display

Hello Everyone,

I have a Mercedes W204 2009 Blueefficiency Manual previously it would show on the display when to change up gears. Recently I have noticed that this is no longer happening and was wondering if anyone knows how to switch this feature back on?
I have also recently had two fault codes on my car P2463 and P0101 do you think these codes code be linked to the display not showing when to change up gears?
I believe one code relates to DPF and the other the MAF so I have just took the car for a long blast hoping a DPF regen will fix the issue with the codes and remove the warning light.

Any advice?

Thanks

Daniel
Old 01-03-2022, 11:59 AM

S204 OM651
Resolved ?

Hi Just wondering if you managed to resolve the issue of shift up display not working as I have the same problem and mind is a manual gearbox also.

best wishes

Mo

Old 05-27-2023, 06:46 PM

R170 230, w204 200, w212 200
Gears not showing and limp mode

Hello, i have a similar problem with my 2010 w204 c200, my car randomly went into limp mode and ever since then I've noticed that the display doesn't tell me when to change gears, if you fixed the issue could you please tell me what was causing it and how you fixed it, thanks!
Old 05-27-2023, 07:25 PM

S204 OM651
DPF/INLET MANIFOLD

Hi the reason the gear change wasn’t showing up and the car was going into limp mode, was because the inlet manifold was leaking and effecting the dpf which is why it kept going into limp mode, It wasn’t a cheap fix unless yours is the dpf which can be bypassed with a software upgrade or by replacing the dpf if faulty which isn’t cheap either but then it is a Mercedes!! The software by pass is your most economical fix unless it is the inlet manifold which is a common fault due to it being made out of plastic and a nightmare to get to, if it is you might as well by it from Mercedes as the labour involved is intensive!! And as they say you buy cheap you buy twice the labour will come to more than the manifold so you might as well fit original equipment from Mercedes. My mechanic had to do a pressure and smoke test to find the leak in the manifold it is usually by one of the bolts on the inlet manifold, It cost me the best part of £1000! I wish you good luck and hope you manage to get it sorted. Let me know the outcome or if I can be of any help.

kindest of regards

Mo