C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2009 c300 wont crank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz c300 /sport
2009 c300 wont crank

Hey everyone new to the forum Thank you in advanced for any help givin! So before I start I don't want to sound cocky or **** anyone off by saying I've been a mechanic for 20 years I'm ASE Master tech ECT I'm just want to weed out a lot of the basic questions but anything you can offer please because what's a everyday thing for someone on here I know nothing about. And want to start by saying I don't know Much about Mercedes-Benz other then my knowledge I apply to everything I work on you need the basics for the car to run but it needs to turn over to get to them points so lol it was perfectly fine when I pulled it in my garage to try to fix few little things that broke that have been bugging me the other day such as why I couldent switch trans from sport to comfort anymore and the shift lights went out and my main reason was my handy radio selector wheel by the the cup holder stopped working and I use it all the time for xm radio anyway I found out two plugs fell out one for c/s button and the one for the lights as Well so I was happy great started car up to see if the dash change from s to c it did great two problems solved now on to getting close to my real issue while pulling out the radio consol selector the wire snagged and cut the wires some how crossed have no idea how but anyway they started smoking and didn't blow the fuse like it should have because someone put a 30amp in place of the 7.5amp I believe belongs in its place so it just unplugged the wire quick by that time it blew the fuse and melted the wires from where I unplugged it towards the switch not the car the car end is perfect but to the problem now my center console went black radio still works and the car wont crank over and I have been going over everything I can think of the past 4 days I have checked all fuses 6 times made sure battery was up to par even know it's only 3 months old it's acting excatly like the battery is low it was fine thru jump pack on it for hell of it same everything works keys lock unlock alarm trunk works the key put in the ignition will kill the alarm so it's reading both keys I have twisted steering wheel back in forth while trying to start and I'm sure the pyro fuse power post box next to the battery is fine or I would have no power at all. The only two things I can possibly find that dosent work is it won't crank and radio center screen is black and ofcorse my the selector lol but I don't care about the screen or the button I just want to Be able to start my car and drive it I have never taken a car to a garage ever and it is scaring the **** out of me I'm gonna have to give into MB Dealer😓
Old 03-16-2018, 01:58 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
08 C300
Am I the only one don't understand what OP said....?
Old 03-16-2018, 02:03 PM

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts
2008 C350 Sport 4Matic Swap
You need to go back to what ever you did and double check everything, you also need to get a scanner and the car will tell you what is wrong, no guessing involved, I recommend i980 Icarsoft, every mercedes owner should have one.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Received 79 Likes on 78 Posts
W204 C220CDI 2011
Originally Posted by white46
Am I the only one don't understand what OP said....?
It's impossible to read.....
It's what punctuation and paragraphs were invented for,
Old 03-16-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
It seems the OP pull wires, reconnect wires, blown some fuses as well as melt some wires.

I think th OP toasted something.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz c300 /sport
My apologies

Thanks for all of your help! Sorry!
I made a mistake and asking for some help on the situation. I also apologize for my punuation I typed that from my phone and, I am not very good at texting. So I'm glad I can make everyone's day. With my OP question and you enjoyed my ignorance to how the forum works apparently. Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
W209, W124
go back and hit "edit"

choose a few spots and hit "return" to create paragraph breaks

completely unreadable as is