C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C63 brakes onto C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C350 Cdi Amg Sport 125
C63 brakes onto C350

Hi, first time post for me. Although I have been lurking, in a non sinister way. I have a 2012 S204 C350 Amg Sport 125. I have purchased and fitted the complete brake system of a C63 Amg (mechanical parts) also off a facelift W204 that was being broken.

Front hubs complete
Abs sensors front and rear
front six pot calipers
rear 4 pot calipers
front and rear brand new Mercedes C63 discs
front and rear new brake pads
brake hoses
all hardware to fit
all off a C63 with only 14k on it

I have fitted all of the parts, and tbh it was pretty straight forward. Now I have never had any warning lights previous to fitting the Amg brakes. As soon as I go over 25 mph, the traction control and tyre pressure warning system illuminate and stay lit up. The brakes work fine but the abs does not seem to kick in. I have swapped the abs sensors around and still no good, as soon as I go over 25mph it all lights up again and stays lit up. When I turn the car off and back on again they go out, until I go over 25mph. I have had it on the star machine and it shows front abs sensors, so I swapped them back out and still no good. When on the road the reader shows as soon as I go over 25mph, the front and rear sensors are reading differently and that's when the fault shows up.
on my original C350 front hubs, the abs sensor goes into the back of the hub.
On the C63 front hubs the abs sensor goes in the side of the hubs.
i never used the C63 rear hubs as I didn't need them to fit the rear callipers, I did need the C63 front hubs as the calipers wont fit onto my C350 front hubs.
I am completely stumped, and now thinking of getting some calliper adaptor brackets made and refitting my old front hubs back on. I would rather keep the C63 hubs though as I'm not a fan of calliper brackets.

Last edited by Slipperwagon; 04-30-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C350 Cdi Amg Sport 125

Rears

Fronts

My baby
Hi, first time post for me. Although I have been lurking, in a non sinister way. I have a 2012 S204 C350 Amg Sport 125. I have purchased and fitted the complete brake system of a C63 Amg (mechanical parts) also off a facelift W204 that was being broken.

Front hubs complete
Abs sensors front and rear
front six pot calipers
rear 4 pot calipers
brake hoses
all hardware to fit

I have fitted all of the parts, and tbh it was pretty straight forward. Now I have never had any warning lights previous to fitting the Amg brakes. As soon as I go over 25 mph, the traction control and tyre pressure warning system illuminate and stay lit up. The brakes work fine but the abs does not seem to kick in. I have swapped the abs sensors around and still no good, as soon as I go over 25mph it all lights up again and stays lit up. When I turn the car off and back on again they go out, until I go over 25mph. I have had it on the star machine and it shows front abs sensors, so I swapped them back out and still no good. When on the road the reader shows as soon as I go over 25mph, the front and rear sensors are reading differently and that's when the fault shows up.
on my original C350 front hubs, the abs sensor goes into the back of the hub.
On the C63 front hubs the abs sensor goes in the side of the hubs.
i never used the C63 rear hubs as I didn't need them to fit the rear callipers, I did need the C63 front hubs as the calipers wont fit onto my C350 front hubs.
I am completely stumped, and now thinking of getting some calliper adaptor brackets made and refitting my old front hubs back on. I would rather keep the C63 hubs though as I'm not a fan of calliper brackets.