C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Owner of 2012 C-class: Few Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes-Benz C350 Coupe
New Owner of 2012 C-class: Few Questions

Hi everyone, I'm a proud new owner of a 2012 C350 Coupe and I've got a few questions. I apologize in advance if this turns out to be a long post; I'll start with the concerns that are bugging me the most:

1. My car is equipped with the optional navigation system, but the software is a bit dated. I know there is a software update available that is valued at $250; would you say the update is worth it relative to the price?

2. When I play music through bluetooth, I notice that the sound quality is greatly diminished. Is their an update that addresses this?

3. My iPhone 6s is not recognized when I plug it in via USB (I can't play music nor charge my phone, however, it does vibrate for a split second when I first plug it in). I know it's a slightly older car, so the software might only recognize older iPhones. I just didn't know if their was a potential update for this as well.

4. Currently to play music, I use the multimedia kit that came with my car that connects through the 30-pin as well as a lighting-cable to 30-pin adapter that I purchased through apple. Unfortunately, this setup is quite irritating because the lighting-cable part keeps slipping out of the phone when I pick it up; it's so annoying. I have been unable to to find a reputable cable that is longer. The sound quality is great via this method, but the feasibility is just not there. Please give me some suggestions regarding this.

5. There is no normal driving mode, correct? only Eco or sport?

6. Okay, my last question (yes, I have first read other posts regarding this, but information varies) is how to properly park my car at an incline to avoid clunking and to limit ware. Would this be the correct sequence?:

- When on an incline, fully depress the brake then transition from drive/reverse to neutral. Then while brake is still fully depressed while in neutral, activate the handbrake and then take my foot of the brake so the car can settle. Then, while the handbrake is fully activated, depress the brake pedal, once again, to shift my car from neutral to park. Then take my foot of the brake and turn off my car.
- For starting the car back up, fully depress the brake and put the car in drive. While my foot is fully depressed on the brake and my car is in D, I may then switch off the handbrake.
- Please let me know if this sequence is correct.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this. I love the car very much; it's super clean.

Last edited by AMGFan22; 05-06-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 241 Likes on 202 Posts
A car
1) No. WAZE FTW
2) No, but that's a first for me. I don't notice any audio degradation and I am a self professed audiophile
3) I despise Apple
4) See #3
5) Yes
6) Yes, technically. If on a large incline I do the same thing to ensure it's the parking brake shoe that is holding the car and not the tranny
The following users liked this post:
AMGFan22 (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 06:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E46 ZSP 5spd
Jealous, I would like to drive one of those, at least for a little while. These are kinda rare where I live.
Congrats!
RFL on #3 and 4 above, I see I am not the only one.

Sorry I am no help.
AMGFan22 (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
1) No. WAZE FTW
2) No, but that's a first for me. I don't notice any audio degradation and I am a self professed audiophile
3) I despise Apple
4) See #3
5) Yes
6) Yes, technically. If on a large incline I do the same thing to ensure it's the parking brake shoe that is holding the car and not the tranny
haha Waze is definitely, the way to go. I just wish I could use it while listening to music with my current setup. First-world problems.
Originally Posted by OLI77
Jealous, I would like to drive one of those, at least for a little while. These are kinda rare where I live.
Congrats!
RFL on #3 and 4 above, I see I am not the only one.

Sorry I am no help.
haha thank you. The car is definitely a rare gem.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:57 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
#1...depends where you live and how often your area is updated. If you live in an up and coming neighborhood, then maybe.
#2...I haven't done tests, so I can't tell. The only time I use Bluetooth audio streaming is when I'm watching videos or streaming on Pandora.
#3...can't use the USB in the center console to charge. The only use I've had for it was to connect a flash drive and play media off that, but I personally like using the media card slot instead so nothing is sticking out.
#4...I too have to use a 30-pin to lightning adapter. Mine, however, does not slip, but I only use it for long drives and I love the fact that the phone is hidden away and out of site.
#5...yes
#6...that sounds about right.
AMGFan22 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by edgalang
#1...depends where you live and how often your area is updated. If you live in an up and coming neighborhood, then maybe.
#2...I haven't done tests, so I can't tell. The only time I use Bluetooth audio streaming is when I'm watching videos or streaming on Pandora.
#3...can't use the USB in the center console to charge. The only use I've had for it was to connect a flash drive and play media off that, but I personally like using the media card slot instead so nothing is sticking out.
#4...I too have to use a 30-pin to lightning adapter. Mine, however, does not slip, but I only use it for long drives and I love the fact that the phone is hidden away and out of site.
#5...yes
#6...that sounds about right.
Thank you. I'm quite jealous that you have the dynamic handling package; nice car. Do you have the lighting package as well. If not I have a question.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by AMGFan22
Thank you. I'm quite jealous that you have the dynamic handling package; nice car. Do you have the lighting package as well. If not I have a question.

Yes on lighting package...but don't be jealous...since my car was factory ordered to spec and I had to wait 8+ months for assembly & delivery, so it wasn't luck of the draw.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by edgalang
Yes on lighting package...but don't be jealous...since my car was factory ordered to spec and I had to wait 8+ months for assembly & delivery, so it wasn't luck of the draw.
Definitely worth the wait imo. The fact that you've had the car since new and have maintained it for this long shows dedication; it's nice that these cars were built in Germany.
I know this question is irrelevant to you but perhaps you have some insight:
- As you know the stock halogen bulbs are quite garbage (I wish I had the xenons). Do you have any suggestions for a upgraded halogen bulb? I'm not looking for that ricey look; I want to make my car look as OEM as possible. Some bulbs claim to have that "hid" look but I'm well aware that you sacrifice longevity and visibility going that route. So far, the best option that I've come across are the Phillips Xtreme Visions; they maintain the same wattage and don't have that ridiculous blue tint to them. They are reasonably priced as well.
- I know an hid conversion such as Morimoto would be my best bet, but I don't want to invest too much money, as of yet, nor risk voiding my CPO warranty.

Here is my baby.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:12 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Osram Nightbreakers are decent halogen bulbs if that's the route you want to go with. HID conversion obviously will give you the best output, but is more expensive. Voiding warranty is a stretch as I've never heard of HID conversion doing so since it's so common. There are more expensive options such as DEPO replacement or projector retrofits, but if you want to stick on a budget, either upgrade to better halogen bulbs, or a simple HID conversion
AMGFan22 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Osram Nightbreakers are decent halogen bulbs if that's the route you want to go with. HID conversion obviously will give you the best output, but is more expensive. Voiding warranty is a stretch as I've never heard of HID conversion doing so since it's so common. There are more expensive options such as DEPO replacement or projector retrofits, but if you want to stick on a budget, either upgrade to better halogen bulbs, or a simple HID conversion
Thank you very much for the suggestions Michael. What would be the best way to get in touch with you for future questions.

Nice lineup of cars btw.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:10 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by AMGFan22
Thank you very much for the suggestions Michael. What would be the best way to get in touch with you for future questions.

Nice lineup of cars btw.
You can PM us or email us directly at aznoptics@gmail.com

Great looking ride btw.
AMGFan22 (05-07-2018)