C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

DLR question... Newbie here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c300 4matic sport
DLR question... Newbie here

Side view
Hi everyone,
we just got a low mileage 2012 c300 4matic sport and love the car... But after a few months of driving, we got a message on the center speedo info screen that there was a problem with the driver's side dlr bulb. Sure enough, it was dim and some condensation behind the lens. I called our local dealer and they said the bulb alone is $346. Wow, that's pretty shocking. Last 8 of the VIN dealer asked for is CR203163.
So I'm assuming that it senses resistance on the bulb and tells the information center through the can bus that there is a problem.
My my question is, this seems absolutely absurd to buy this row of LEDs from the Mercedes dealer. Has anyone ever measured the resistance through a good bulb unit and try to match it with a similar resistance unit off the shelf?
Is there anyone who has a cheaper off the shelf unit that will replace this bad one and eliminate the alarm message?
Although I own a small machine and Fabrication Shop and can fabricate a mount for a similar unit, I would rather be lazy and buy it... As long as it is cheaper then $346, lol
Thanks, John