C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

ABS/ESP ECU: 5001 - N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit) internal fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-class 200CDI
ABS/ESP ECU: 5001 - N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit) internal fault

Hi,

Have C-class T-model (S204), 200CDI, year 01/2010 and occasionally I get ABS/ESP ECU error occur: "5001 - N30/4 (Electronic Stability Program control unit) internal fault" (I used OBD diagnostic tool).

All four wheels have correct ABS sensors, tyre pressure is ok, but this error disables: Power steering, ABS, ESP, EBD and Cruise Control and on driving computer display it is shown "Runflat indicator inactive".

This happened week before and I was in the service last two days (not official one) and the service guy told me that he could not reset the unit using STAR software and to buy new or used one (my ECU part number is: A2045453832).
Today, error just gone and it works normally now.
This strange behavior happened to me at least 8 times in the past 6 years and sometime this error just disappeared automatically by itself (after some time) and few times I used OBD tool to clean this error and it worked then normally.

I don't know if I should change this ECU part - it is expensive to buy new - there are several used on eBay for reasonable amount of money, few of them are complete parts with this electric motor and metal case.
Right now it works normally, but I hate when this error occur - happened two times when I was on a vacation and was driving without ABS and ESP until I came home.

Is there option to clean this unit, maybe some dirt cause these things in contacts?

Before I filled last fuel tank to the full I put Anti Grippante 25 additive for the first time to clean Bosch pump, and drove little bit more agile as guy in the service told me and I don't know if there is connection with this. Now, my fuel tank is just bellow half.

Any useful info would be nice - I saw that it could be also bad battery or even fuel pump or some break switch bellow the pedal (my break light work normally).

Last edited by halex; 10-09-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK 350cdi 4Matic
Hello!
i am experiencing the exact same thing right now and have been for the last 4 weeks.
Did you find a solution for this?

​​​​​​
Old 10-03-2020, 01:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-class 200CDI
Hi,

As I wrote it was driving me crazy with its strange behavior. I search a ton of material, the event found a somewhere DIY job where you need some electronic knowledge and to disable one pin so it does not show you these messages anymore, but I just bought the new part, replaced it and it is all good now. It is not cheap, in my country they wanted 1.300€ for it but I found it and bought it from Germany directly (from company www.bald.de) and I paid it around 900€ and some posting costs and they even bought my old dysfunctional part for 135€, so I got the part for around 780€ + work of my mechanic.

Best and good luck
Alex