C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Blower Issue (2009 C300)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019 | 02:03 PM

2009 C300 4Matic Sport
Unhappy Blower Issue (2009 C300)

Okay so I've been having this weird issue with my AC/Heater. On occasion the heat and ac will both work fine but at certain times they will both cut off and there will be no air blowing at all (no matter the speed). This happens at idle and while driving. The only times that the blower starts to work again is sporadically when I'm driving or in crazier cases if I hit the side of the gearbox (center console). This is a really weird issue and has only started happening s of recently. I checked the fuse related to the AC/Heater and it does not appear to be blown. Could it just be the case of a faulty motor or resistor?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help
Old 02-06-2019 | 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by javila22
Okay so I've been having this weird issue with my AC/Heater. On occasion the heat and ac will both work fine but at certain times they will both cut off and there will be no air blowing at all (no matter the speed). This happens at idle and while driving. The only times that the blower starts to work again is sporadically when I'm driving or in crazier cases if I hit the side of the gearbox (center console). This is a really weird issue and has only started happening s of recently. I checked the fuse related to the AC/Heater and it does not appear to be blown. Could it just be the case of a faulty motor or resistor?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help
The blower motors tend to fail on these models. It's a known and common issue. Do a search on this and you'll find plenty of information and DIY guides on how to get it replaced.