C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AC smelling bad - Kool it help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300
AC smelling bad - Kool it help

Hey guys my car's AC smells really bad especially when it rains, so I did some research and found that the evaporator might be moldy, and I can clean it using a foam based cleanser called Kool It. I took the cabin filter out and tried to use the product (with the hose) inside the cabin filter area, but found that there's a screen that looks like this: (btw this is upside down so the white part is the top)

Am I supposed to spray the can onto this screen? Or is there a different place where I can stick the hose?

Last edited by KJKimCE; 03-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Nobody’s replying. I have a 2016 C63AMG sedan.

I Just removed my Cabin Air Filter to replace. I also located a air conditioner FAN Filter under the hood on passenger side under the black plastic cowl held on by 2 plastic twist lock connectors. When you Take Out that Black Filter housing under the hood. You see a FAN. I will see if you can spray KOOL IT there?

I just like you fished around inside the Cabin Air Filter Opening (with Cabin Filter out) trying to find where to spray that KOOL IT. I couldn’t SEE ANYTHING. Stuck phone in that opening and filmed and had it aimed to the LEFT, and saw that SAME WHITE Filter you showed above? I was also wondering if you spray foam there.

Question for you? Where is that white filter exactly located as you stick your hand up into the plastic opening for cabin filter?

Is it to the Left or is located up and Behind? Telling me where it is would help as I couldn’t see it. I was in my back looking up, but it’s so far back I can’t see up inside the opening.

Pics:

Opening for cabin air filter. That white filter is inside here. I had to use an iPhone to get a picture and am NOT SURE Exactly where this is located up inside there? I thought I had phone pointed to the LEFT (toward center of car) when I saw it.

That white filter inside the plastic

White filter. What is this?

More white filter.

Under Hood on pass side under cowl. If you take OUT Black Plastic cover (Air Filter is underneath). Then you can look into the Open Area and you See A Fan! I was thinking maybe to spray there?

Replaced filter under hood