C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How to fix Horizontal lines going through my navigation display (2010 c300 4MATIC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 C300
How to fix Horizontal lines going through my navigation display (2010 c300 4MATIC)

h
How can i get rid of these lines? do you think i will need a whole new radio or is one of the wires just loose?
Old 06-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
My guess is there has been a break on a few traces of the LCD. If you can get it apart maybe you can see what is going on, but I would guess that is a long shot. Probably have to get a whole new display. Not sure how Mercedes sells them. Would guess as part of a module.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 C300
Originally Posted by Alfadude
My guess is there has been a break on a few traces of the LCD. If you can get it apart maybe you can see what is going on, but I would guess that is a long shot. Probably have to get a whole new display. Not sure how Mercedes sells them. Would guess as part of a module.
do you think its possible that the wires are loose on the inside, and if i go in and wiggle some of them around or reconnect them that the display will change?
Old 06-17-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Maybe the polyimide tail interconnect on the LCD could be starting to fail and be somewhat loose and pressing on it could help. It will not solve the issue if that is it, but at least you would identify it. Maybe somehow figure out a way to tape it up or otherwise keep pressure on it so the connection is tight. If you are thinking like a plug is loose or a wire going into a plug, my guess that if that was the case the whole LCD would be flickering and not just dropping some traces like in your picture. But, like I mentioned chances are it is internal to the LCD and chances are you wouldn't be able to disconnect the LCD, buy a new one and plug it in and away you go. Reason being I doubt Mercedes sells the LCD alone. Or the LCD is a custom design just for Mercedes, which means the manufacturer cannot sell it to just anyone. If you would be able to see a manufacturer name and part number on the LCD, you could cross reference that and see if an electronics distributor would be able to sell one. While that IS possible, it is highly, HIGHLY unlikely. I sell touch screens and it isn't uncommon for a technician or mechanic to open up a unit that has a broken touch screen, see our name and a part number and try and buy a single piece. Same with LCDs.

No harm in trying to open it up. Maybe you will get lucky, Wish I could help me.

It used to be after about 4-5 years every Audi or Saab on the market would start having drop outs of lines on their seven segment displays. It was how the tail was adhered and after a while the bond would fail. Only solution was to open the dash or the center console and get a new one. And that went on for years and years before that was addressed.