C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Unique Audio (UK) W204 Carplay Integration Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2020 | 11:51 AM

2013 C300 4M, 2004 Tacoma 4x4, Scott Speedster S40
Unique Audio (UK) W204 Carplay Integration Options

Good morning everyone. I know there are a quite a few retrofit CarPlay options out there but I'm having a hard time deciding.

I've seen the Joyauto and Kremersino (?) units, the Carlink Amazon units, and the various replacement screen options but the one that intrigues me the most is Unique's. Granted, they're in the UK and I'm in the US so there will be shipping and exchange rates to contend with, but their email responses have been outstanding thus far, and I'm close to pulling the trigger.

Audio 20 system, Becker MapPilot (blech), and no backup cam on my W204. I do have an aux in through the media input, and can activate that through the COMAND System. According to Unique, their box will add Carplay integration, and I can add a backup cam.

Bottom line: I want CarPlay, a back up cam, and seamless integration into the existing control system- both buttons on the wheel and the control knob on the console. I don't care about touch screen but I would not be upset if it was included. It just isn't a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone in the US (or elsewhere) have experience with their device?

Where is the preferred place to get the rear cam that integrates into the handle?

Do any of these CarPlay devices display the information (nav, audio, etc) in the instrument cluster like the COMAND does?

Are there other options I should consider? I wish I had purchased the upgraded COMAND System at the time. I had no idea my options would be so limited.

Thanks!

Link to their device page with demo videos: https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/carp...211-2011-2015/