C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

hud install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C200 cgi avantgarde1.8T
hud install

Do those chinese after market Hud displays work well in these C class benz? Has any one out there install one that works well? Will install one only when endorsed by other benz users.Please name the brand used if you are satisfied with its operation. Thanks.......
Old 09-09-2020, 03:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 2011, 125 Edition
I bought one. Cheap off eBay. Contains a lot of information, probably too much as it makes the unit really big.

First problem is the inaccuracies. Straight away every metric it displays is wrong. They can be adjusted but I can’t be bothered to go through calibrating every unit.

Next, the unit i chose is too big. It doesn’t sit flat on the dash of my C63. I did find a place to put it but the base is too big.

If I was to get another one I’d get a smaller unit that only displays your speed.

Also, don’t use the rubber non-slip mat that comes with it. This will melt in the sun. Affix the unit to the top of your dash with some double sided sticky tape.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
I tried 2 and settled on a smaller one with a plastic reflector built in. This only displays speed numbers. As ninjadom mentioned, the bigger 5 inch ones with more than the speed are too big. I have mine sitting on one of those sticky rubber pads that came with the 5 inch one and have no issue with them thus far with melting or moving around. You'll want to buy one as the one that came with this smaller unit is way too small and is round about 1.5 inch diameter. Also had to cut to size the window reflector film from the 5 inch HUD and pasted it on the built in plastic reflector on the smaller unit to make it more reflective. Made it more visible during daytime or sunny days. You will need to purchase one separately if you dont have one. Also since this has its own reflector built in there is no double imaging issue compared to the ones that uses reflective film that goes on the windshield. Its perfectly straight on the dash and no film obstruction on the windshield. The only adjustment I made is the speed by 1 or 2 numbers down. Its maybe slower by .2 mph. As in 1/5. So 4/5 of the time its accurate. If I adjust up its 1/5 faster but again 4/5 accurate. Thats fine by me as its never goes past 1 mph over or slower when it is off.

Got mine on aliexpress.com but you can find them on amazon also but more expensive.
https://m.it.aliexpress.com/item/400...40166744TZQtPA
Old 04-16-2021, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C200 cgi avantgarde1.8T
Question Hud install

Thanks for the useful information. I installed a small (3.5 in) one and with adjustments it works fine. However, I observed that this thing heats up a lot. Is this ok?.....
Old 04-16-2021, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by Philip Deg
Thanks for the useful information. I installed a small (3.5 in) one and with adjustments it works fine. However, I observed that this thing heats up a lot. Is this ok?.....
Mine doesn't heat up and I'm in California which get quite warm in the summer. I'd be weary on that one.