C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Car is vibrating after installing new front suspension kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4matic
Car is vibrating after installing new front suspension kit

After my dealership that my front suspension needs to be replaced after a few weeks and have it also aligned (it is a 2013 C 300 sport 4matic 3.5L v6). I went ahead replaced the old system with a new one but as I was test driving sure everything was nice and tight transmission when in park sounds like normal but when in reverse Drive the RPM drops down a little bit and the car vibrates differently than before. I googled why was my car vibrating like there’s some say it’s transmission needs to be changed, others say my engine mount or my transmission mounts are way off. Before I spent way too much money at my dealership. Can anyone help me?
Old 06-20-2020, 10:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 C32, 03 ML55
Not sure if this could be your issue... but something you can research to see if it applies. I have a 2002 c32 and it has a 40 MPH vibration (slight, and more so when cold) that I am still working to figure out. What I did discover is that there is a small shim (think washer with varying thickness 1MM / 2MM / 3MM / 4MM) on/near the rear differential. My car came with a 4MM as stock. As I put on new motor mounts and tranny mount, I 'think' this changed the drive line angle and this is what the shims are for. They help adjust that angle. I had a big difference as I went lower (down to a 3MM / then to a 2MM / then to a 1MM and now running with it out completely). I still have a minimal vibration at 40 MHP and have had the mounts in for a few years now... I am going to pop the 4MM back in today and see what happens.
Any way, hope this is helpful to you. Not sure if a new front suspension would affect this... but a bit of info for you to research and check on.