C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Recently purchased C220 CDi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 12:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2003 E500, 2003 CLK 320, 2010 C300
Recently purchased C220 CDi

Hi all,
Well I have traded in my W169 A180 CDi on a 2007 C220 CDi.

The little A class was fine at the time, but in regular use I found that for me, it was just too small, and also had surprisingly low clearance at the front, and it certainly did not like roads that were not ‘motorway smooth’.
So I traded it in on a New Zealand new C class.
My experience of a W204 was mainly from having one to use as a courtesy car when my E class was in at the dealer for any work. I remember being very impressed with the directness of the steering, as just how well it was as a daily use type of car.
A friend of mine had not that long ago also purchased a C220 CDi, and I was able to take it for a drive late last year.
This car I bought from the yard where I purchased my E500 from, so I know that they usually deal in better serviced cars etc.

I have a couple of jobs to do. One the dealer is doing, which is changing the thermostat, as the temperature was reading much to low, and never once managed to hit 80 degrees. Funnily enough, this is the third diesel Mercedes I have owned, and each one has needed a new thermostat when purchased!
I intend to change the halogen bulbs to a more whiter version, pity I don’t have the HID setup. Will also LED where I can, or at least put whiter bulbs in.
I also will be replacing the exterior mirror indicator repeater units as they are looking somewhat sad,
Overall I am very happy with this car, I felt ‘at home’ with it as soon as I drove it, unlike what I did with the W169 A class.
Also on the list of jobs, some which won’t like, but I do, is to install an illuminated Star in the front grille, I personally like it, and it in a way reminds me of the Wolseley badge that lit up in the grille of the car we had when I was a child. We always knew when our parents were coming to get us at night as it was the only car like it! Gotta thank the English for something in a car they made!
Oh yes, and this car is in the ‘Palladium Silver’ colour, which to me is more a sort of gunmetal grey colour!
Graeme

The following users liked this post:
Joe1959 (06-23-2020)