C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android tablet screen upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2021 | 05:46 PM

2008 c350
Android tablet screen upgrade

Has any one else upgraded to an aftermarket screen? I ordered an Android screen from Dmp car designs to replace the factory screen. Shipping was fast and although it did not come with any instructions luckily there are several videos online. The install was straight forward and relatively easy, I also installed a backup camera. Now to the question, I screen comes on, backup camera is working, GPS is working but it will not show me the original display or play sound that the display is showing. It will not play sound from my connected phone. Has any one else Installed one of these screen and if so did you have any problems
Old 01-06-2021 | 08:28 AM

Mercedes Benz W204 (Petrol)
I am considering installing an aftermarket android player too as the original COMAND unit has been locked out when replacing ECU. Indie mechanic is trying to unlock it with some programming. Why are you considering installing aftermarket android player if I may ask? I wonder if the android player affects quality of sound?
Old 01-06-2021 | 08:55 AM

2008 c350
Luckily I figured it out. The wiring harness comes ready to go but one plug was swapped to a wrong plug. After I fixed that I was good to go. Also I am upgrading to the android tablet screen because I wanted several options that the car did not some with. Some being a backup camera, Bluetooth capability, GPS ect. Ive just completed the install and haven't gotten ample time to test the sound quality as I'm on night shift at work. After I play around with it I'll update you on the sound quality.

The following users liked this post:
daffyduck (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021 | 01:05 PM

Mercedes Benz W204 (Petrol)
Do let me know if the sound quality is good. Thanks in advance. I've read that installing aftermarket android player is not a good idea. One major issue being the function to control volume etc from the steering wheel would be gone. I am not sure whether you have this problem? I was considering replacing the COMAND unit at dealer but that would cost a fortune (approx. $6.5k USD). Once I see the price, that option immediately went out the window. So I am seriously considering installing an aftermarket. If yours is all functional, can you post some pictures? My car is w204 c200 cgi facelifted. I am not sure whether yours is the same model. The pre-facelift model has a different COMAND unit (one that flips open).