C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

AUDIO 20 / NAV 4.5 question - toggling between screens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300 4MATIC SPORT Sedan
AUDIO 20 / NAV 4.5 question - toggling between screens

I purchased my 2014 C300 4MATIC SPORT sedan second hand last fall and am really enjoying it. I have previously owned a 2001 E320 sedan so this is not my first M-B car.

After reading the MB owner's manual and the AUDIO 20 instruction manual I have been unable to find an easy answer to a question on toggling between screens on the dash display.

Step 1: I turn on the AUDIO 20 system and select USB STORAGE to play digital music files from the USB stick in the center console. The music track information displays through the dash display.

Step 2: I select the NAVI function and set up a route to my destination and the NAVI takes over the dashboard screen.

My question is this - now that I am viewing the NAVI screen (map) is there a way to quickly toggle back to the USB media screen and then back to the NAVI screen?

My current solution is to select RADIO via the dash buttons and then use the COMAND selector to change from RADIO to USB SOURCE.

Another work around is to change the driver display from TRIP to RADIO so I can use the steering wheel arrow buttons to advance the music tracks.

Is anyone aware of an easier way to toggle between NAVI and USB SOURCE on the dashboard screen?

Thank you.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300 4MATIC SPORT Sedan
I may have answered my own question already purely by chance. Last night I was playing with the NAVI system before driving home. Instead of pressing RADIO my finger went to the DISC button and the screen toggled back to my USB playlist screen. Wow! That was easy. Perhaps this information will help someone else.