C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C200 with electrical problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 K
Post C200 with electrical problems

Hi!

I have for a couple of months a 2008 C200 Kompressor and now she started to show some electrical problems. The problems consist in:
  • Fuel gauge and sunroof stop working after the car is on for a while. It show up one or two times in the first months, but now is almost every time you drive the car.
  • Front parking lights warning on the dash with them working. The warning used to show up now and them, saying about just the front parking lights, but now it shows the rear ones too, while they are working.
  • Turn indicator stop working out of nowhere. Sometimes they work perfectly, but suddenly the rear ones stop and the turn signal in the dash blinks fast. It usually goes back to normal when you turn off and turn back on the car. While the back turn indicator don't work, the hazard lights do.
  • Rear driver windows switch not working, but the one on the driver's door is.
  • She used to not save the information like language, date, time and the stations list when you turn off the car and let it seat for a while, but now it went back to normal.
  • She keeps draining the battery if I don't drive her every day. The original owner had changed the battery a couple of months prior I buy her, but in the second months with me she started draining the battery just sitting one day in the garage, witch became frequent. I called for the assistance of the battery and they came checked to see if the alternator was recharging or if there has any other issue and he told it was working everything properly, but as a precaution they gave me a new battery, that now started to show the same issue two weeks ago.

The car is with the mirror indicators with infiltration and not always work. I got her with the warning about them in the dash, and sometimes the turn signal on the dash used to blink fast because of them, but over the months all this issues started showing up.

She also has the recall for the SRS module, that I tried to make, but my Mercedes dealer spend and entire day trying to fit the new module and them told me that my central unit is not recognizing the new module and wanted me to leave the car for a couple of days there so they can find the problem, but I had to pay for the service. They ended up saying in the documents that the Recall has made, but they actually put the old module back saying since it hasn't showing the warning it must be fine.

Those are the problems that I can remember right now (I know they are a lot). I love the car and it the past months, mechanically wise, she's been great, but those little issues started to blow one after another and I started to freak out because when I got her she had none of the problems and I can't find someone else that had similar issues that show up like mine does.

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!