C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

A-Pillar Rust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2022 | 10:18 AM

S204 C180K petrol auto 2009
A-Pillar Rust?

Hi all

I drive a 2009 pre-facelift S204, and have this bubbling under the paint of the rear door A-pillar. Is it rust underneath the paint causing it?

I’m planning on booking it to be reviewed by a dealer to see if they’ll fix it, but have read mixed things about U.K. Merc dealerships honouring the 30 year rust warranty, so want to see if anyone else had experienced rust in this area (if it is indeed rust). There’s no apparent break/chip/hole in the paint that would’ve let moisture in.

Thanks, J

Old 04-04-2022 | 12:22 AM

2014 C259 Sport MB White Diamond Pearl
"Bubbling under the paint of the rear door A-pillar." Your rust is on the B-pillar (A-pillar is at the front between windscreen and front door, B-pillar is between the front and rear doors, C-pillar is between the rear door and rear windscreen.) I would not take it to dealer for repair, find a good repudiable body shop and get it fixes for less...
Old 04-04-2022 | 04:57 AM

S204 C180K petrol auto 2009
Originally Posted by jc1kz
"Bubbling under the paint of the rear door A-pillar." Your rust is on the B-pillar (A-pillar is at the front between windscreen and front door, B-pillar is between the front and rear doors, C-pillar is between the rear door and rear windscreen.) I would not take it to dealer for repair, find a good repudiable body shop and get it fixes for less...
Thanks – you’re right, I was using the term A-pillar loosely.

Its located at the bottom of the upright at the back of the rear passenger door, so B-pillar? You can see it in this photo:

I guess my question is that technically rust should be covered under the 30yr rust policy (in U.K.), but know that whether they will honour that seems to vary dealer to dealer.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced rust here and whether they were able to get Merc to fix.

Obvs will try it, but will take it to a body shop failing that.