C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

TIRES: One type to AVOID!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz C300 4matic Sedan
Exclamation TIRES: One type to AVOID!

Greetings All! So after researching I decided on Continental "Pure Contact LS" tires for my Benz C300 4WD sedan. Recommended and received decent reviews.
Let me tell you folks. They are horrendous. These tires ruin the ride. You feel almost every little crevice in the road unlike my past rides. They almost make it seem as if I am not driving a Mercedes. I had Pirellis previously and it was smooth ride, but the treading wore out really quickly. Bottom Line: Stay away from The Continental Pure Contact LS Tires. They stink. Maybe I just saved at least one person a disappointment. To be safe I will stay away from all Continentals after this experience.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,849 Likes on 1,371 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
The Contis probably have either harder rubber, stiffer sidewalls, or both compared to the Pirellis. Are they considered MO tires? Where did you read the reviews? Some tires are rated highly because of their handling, traction in wet or snow, longevity, etc. in addition to comfort. Depending on where you got them (e.g., TireRack), you could return them for dissatisfaction.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 W204
Originally Posted by BenzRocker6
Greetings All! So after researching I decided on Continental "Pure Contact LS" tires for my Benz C300 4WD sedan. Recommended and received decent reviews.
Let me tell you folks. They are horrendous. These tires ruin the ride. You feel almost every little crevice in the road unlike my past rides. They almost make it seem as if I am not driving a Mercedes. I had Pirellis previously and it was smooth ride, but the treading wore out really quickly. Bottom Line: Stay away from The Continental Pure Contact LS Tires. They stink. Maybe I just saved at least one person a disappointment. To be safe I will stay away from all Continentals after this experience.
My experience with continental was the same - not sure who likes it, but it's horribly hard. Feels like you are riding on gravel all the time.

Eventually replaced it with Michelin and couldnt be happier - smooth soft ride, huge difference with Conti.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:46 AM

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts
2020 C300, 2013 C250, 2000 Boxster S
Originally Posted by BenzRocker6
My experience was the same on the Continental Run Flats on my new-to-me W205 C300. Harsh ride and horrible in the wet. I just replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4s but not before the Continentals had left their mark. Hydroplaned on the interstate and hit the center guard rail. Fortunately, no chassis damage and no airbags deployed so just a new bumper, hood, left front fender, and left headlight. But it's still sickening since I've only had the car a few months.