C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2014 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 C300 4Matic Pinnacle
2014 C300

Well I just wanted to share my 2014 C300 with 67K on it. just thought you guy's would like to see it.

Also in my area at least, you don't see them like this anymore.
The following users liked this post:
TimC300 (03-10-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 02:07 PM

Received 75 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes w204 4matic sport
Originally Posted by C300W206

Well I just wanted to share my 2014 C300 with 67K on it. just thought you guy's would like to see it.

nice car, if you take good care of it and perform preventive maintenance it will serve you well. does it have a maintenance history from the last owner?
Old 03-09-2024, 02:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 C300 4Matic Pinnacle
Originally Posted by Just204
nice car, if you take good care of it and perform preventive maintenance it will serve you well. does it have a maintenance history from the last owner?
Well this was my grandmothers and she passed it down to me. so it’s always been in the family. when i got it had 14K which was 2021..
Old 03-09-2024, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 326 Posts
W204 2010 C300 4matic Sport M272
Very nice. I have a similar 2010 4matic sport with over 150,000 miles. It needs constant maintenance at this point, I'm always replacing something on it. I see these and the E Class models alot around my area in Boston, lots of Mercedes in general.

I love using the Turtle Wax Ceramic wet wax whenever I wash the car. Just spray it on after rinsing the car then towel dry the car. Works best if the pain is cleaned, I use a clay towel once in awhile to remove anything imbedded in the paint.

Last edited by TimC300; 03-09-2024 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-09-2024, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by TimC300
Very nice. I have a similar 2010 4matic sport with over 150,000 miles. It needs constant maintenance at this point, I'm always replacing something on it. I see these and the E Class models alot around my area in Boston, lots of Mercedes in
what kind of maintenance? I’m not terribly far off that mileage. Especially with the driving I’m doing these days. Just curious.
Old 03-09-2024, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

- A front spring broke so I replaced both strut. Found a used set with 40,000 miles.
- Rear springs were rusted so replaced both. Again found a used set with 40,000 miles.
- Rear shocks were rusted but seemed fine, again I found a used set great condition with 40,000 miles so replaced them and I def see a difference.
- Rear dust shields were rusted through and the emergency brake springs wouldnt hold, popped out while driving.
- Oil filter housing and oil cooler gaskets were leaking so replaced them. I replaced the coolant at the same time which the manual says it was time anyways.
- Drive belt tensioner was bouncing so replaced it, drive belt and one of the idler pullers. Im about to replace the other idler pulley since i think its making a noise.
- Flushed brake fluid, which should be done every 2yrs anyways.
- Replaced front and rear differential fluid. Its not listed anywhere in the manual so I did it anyways.
- Replaced passenger side oil separator cover and oil drip pan.
- Replaced fasteners in the trunk trim due to water leaking into truck.
- Replaced broken exhaust clamps.
- Replaced dead battery.
- Replaced brake pads and rotors all around.
- Replaced front sway bar links.
- Replaced TPMS sensors all around.
- The transmission pan is severely rusted so I have everything to replace that and do trans fluid/filter change.

Heres my thread on the suspension work I did. Its long since i added other stuff: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...uspension.html

Heres the water in trunk thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ar-window.html

This thread is long, has the oil separator cover, oil filer housing gaskets, other useless stuff: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ks-yes-no.html
Old 03-09-2024, 09:15 PM

- A front spring broke so I replaced both strut. Found a used set with 40,000 miles.
- Rear springs were rusted so replaced both. Again found a used set with 40,000 miles.
- Rear shocks were rusted but seemed fine, again I found a used set great condition with 40,000 miles so replaced them and I def see a difference.
- Rear dust shields were rusted through and the emergency brake springs wouldnt hold, popped out while driving.
- Oil filter housing and oil cooler gaskets were leaking so replaced them. I replaced the coolant at the same time which the manual says it was time anyways.
- Drive belt tensioner was bouncing so replaced it, drive belt and one of the idler pullers. Im about to replace the other idler pulley since i think its making a noise.
- Flushed brake fluid, which should be done every 2yrs anyways.
- Replaced front and rear differential fluid. Its not listed anywhere in the manual so I did it anyways.
- Replaced passenger side oil separator cover and oil drip pan.
- Replaced fasteners in the trunk trim due to water leaking into truck.
- Replaced broken exhaust clamps.
- Replaced dead battery.
- Replaced brake pads and rotors all around.
- Replaced front sway bar links.
- Replaced TPMS sensors all around.
- The transmission pan is severely rusted so I have everything to replace that and do trans fluid/filter change.

Heres my thread on the suspension work I did. Its long since i added other stuff: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...uspension.html

Heres the water in trunk thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ar-window.html

This thread is long, has the oil separator cover, oil filer housing gaskets, other useless stuff: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ks-yes-no.html
quite a lot, do you have the m272? The 3.5 oil filter housing is incorporated into the front cover from the looks of it. I’ve done a lot of what you’re saying as preventive maintenance actually, as well as all the mounts and front shaft. But I’m interested into looking into the trunk leak as it looks like I might be starting to have that issue, I had a flat and when I took the spare out I saw a little water in there. Definitely reading. The rear shocks were a pain in the *** for me. I see what you say about the dust shields, mine have started rusting out for a while now! I’ll add that to my to-do list! It does look like you’ve done a lot though! Over how long of a time span did all these things happen?

Last edited by Just204; 03-09-2024 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes I have the M272, which in my opinion is pretty easy to work on. The oil filter housing gaskets were very straight forward and easy, should be a detailed write-up in one of my threads with photos, tools used, and torque specs. The housing requires a specific bolt pattern for torqueing.

My trunk was leaking pretty bad, water in the spare tire well, spare towels stored in the trunk getting soaked. The replacement fasteners are part# 0009915940

The rear shocks took some effort to compress by hand and pull out quickly. To install the new shocks i compressed them and tied them down with string/zip ties. Made it so simple to install. Put the bottom bolt in, align the top mount with the holes then cut the string.

Dust shields were actually easy. Manual says to remove the hubs, the shield does not physically fit over it, which I wasn't about to do. I just cut the new dust shields in half with a hack saw evenly so theres 2 bolts holding each side. Just have to remove all the emergency brake parts, unbolt the old dust shield and snip it off with metal snips. Slide the new dust shield in place and bolt it on.

I got the car Nov 2019, I try to write everything I did down. I forgot to write down a few things. I started writing threads to remind myself.

Old 03-10-2024, 04:42 PM

Yes I have the M272, which in my opinion is pretty easy to work on. The oil filter housing gaskets were very straight forward and easy, should be a detailed write-up in one of my threads with photos, tools used, and torque specs. The housing requires a specific bolt pattern for torqueing.

My trunk was leaking pretty bad, water in the spare tire well, spare towels stored in the trunk getting soaked. The replacement fasteners are part# 0009915940

The rear shocks took some effort to compress by hand and pull out quickly. To install the new shocks i compressed them and tied them down with string/zip ties. Made it so simple to install. Put the bottom bolt in, align the top mount with the holes then cut the string.

Dust shields were actually easy. Manual says to remove the hubs, the shield does not physically fit over it, which I wasn't about to do. I just cut the new dust shields in half with a hack saw evenly so theres 2 bolts holding each side. Just have to remove all the emergency brake parts, unbolt the old dust shield and snip it off with metal snips. Slide the new dust shield in place and bolt it on.

I got the car Nov 2019, I try to write everything I did down. I forgot to write down a few things. I started writing threads to remind myself.

that is a lot of things for 30k!!! Hoping I fare better. I’ve noticed a weird issue lately with my car. I will intermittently get a metallic sounding grinding/ rubbing noise from underneath the car, off gas it goes away but on the gas I have it. It only happens for a short time at lower speeds and it isn’t often. No drivability change. Really weird. I have to figure it out as it worries me..
Old 03-10-2024, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think most is just normal wear and tear items. I've since learned from reading the maintenance manual the air filters should be changed every 4yrs instead of yearly which i did. I'm sure springs and shocks you can get away with not doing unless they are obviously broken, but swapping my 150,000 mile rear shocks for the 40,000 mile shocks is a very noticeable difference in ride quality. So far the only check engine light was due to a faulty purge valve, easy fix. Ive had check engine lights pop up for other things but they went away, seemed to be one time deals. I think the oil filter housing will leak at some point no matter which engine. Buying used I saved alot, I got the front struts, rear springs and shocks for less than the price of one Mercedes brand new complete front strut.

Old 03-10-2024, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C300W206

What is your car sitting at height wise? Mines the 4matic Sport and I measured from the ground to the fenders. 17" stock rims.

Front is around 24-5/8".

Rear is around 25".