C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Front Left Passenger Seat Adjustment Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 CDI
Front Left Passenger Seat Adjustment Not Working

I've had a problem with the front left passenger seat working sometimes and other times not working. Its finally stopped working completely. I've checked the fuses for seat adjustment and I'm missing fuse No 63. don't know if it always has been missing or not. I've also checked for code and have gotten this one. Does anyone know what the issue might be so I can try to fix it thanks.

Scanned car before clearing codes

After clearing codes and rescanning

Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 269 Posts
W204 2010 C300 4matic Sport M272
Guessing you have a right hand drive vehicle. Im not sure if the fuse locations are the same. When I look them up there is a fuse for the "front passenger seat control unit" in the fuse box next to the steering wheel, #126., then there are fuses in the trunk, #44 and #45.

Heres the fuse diagrams i was looking at: https://fuse-box.info/mercedes-benz/...uses-and-relay

have you checked under the seat to make sure nothing is wedged in there preventing it from moving?

If it were me I would use a multimeter to test the harness going to the switch for power. Inspect the harness and wires, inspect the ground connection. if its getting power then its probably a bad switch.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A 200 Sedan
check the ground connection too. a bad ground can cause all sorts of weird electrical issues.