C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 stalling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2024, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C180 2013
W204 stalling

My car stalled checked error code high pressure fuel regulator replaced the crank sensor after realising that there was no spark then the engine started after several attempts after a month I noticed car smelling fuel checked and found that the fuel hose connecting high pressure fuel regulator has some leaks I replaced the clamp then the car could not start the following day made attempts the car started however in about four minutes it stopped this time no error code was found and still no spark again kindly help.

Last edited by Mhlaba; 07-26-2024 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2024, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,401 Likes on 2,268 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by Mhlaba
My car stalled checked error code high pressure fuel regulator replaced the crank sensor after realising that there was no spark then the engine started after several attempts after a month I noticed car smelling fuel checked and found that the fuel hose connecting high pressure fuel regulator has some leaks I replaced the clamp then the car could not start the following day made attempts the car started however in about four minutes it stopped this time no error code was found and still no spark again kindly help.
Sorry to read about all your Mercedes troubles.

The first thing that jumps out is the mix between fuel and spark issues. It sounds like you got fuel under control and spark is now unreliable.
We are not talking misfires... instead no firing!

Use a good scanner to report all faults to help figure why your ECU is cutting off.
Old Today, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
200cdi w204
Maybe I can start by disconnecting the camshaft sensor? or crankshaft sensor?
and it will help.
a scanner would be better than these sad tests
Old Today, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,401 Likes on 2,268 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by bv9900
Maybe I can start by disconnecting the camshaft sensor? or crankshaft sensor?
and it will help.
a scanner would be better than these sad tests
You can not disconnect these two sensors and expect that will help ECU fire.

Are you positive no spark is the issue or is it your fuel delivery?
What's your fuel pressure?
How do sparkplugs look like?
Old Today, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
200cdi w204
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
You can not disconnect these two sensors and expect that will help ECU fire.

Are you positive no spark is the issue or is it your fuel delivery?
What's your fuel pressure?
How do sparkplugs look like?
If there is no spark, it is to be expected that the ECU is not receiving the feedback correctly.It could be expected that one of the two sensors gives an implausible signal, thus cancelling the ignition.
More arguments could be made.There is really little chance of diagnosis with these sad tests.But without diagnosis, knowledge, or time...How much does it cost to test that?
It saved me once from getting into diagnosis with diagnostic machines and oscilloscopes and wasting time. Therefore, your statement cannot be confirmed"You cannot disconnect these two sensors and expect that to help the ECU turn on."
It is clear that disconnecting both at the same time would be counterproductive.Even so, I insist, just as you want to do, that a diagnosis in this part of the story would be the only correct option.

Last edited by bv9900; Today at 02:20 AM.