C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

MY15 W205 Dealer Ordering Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Still can't believe no std sunroof and you have to buy the pano roof if you want one and no lux C400. The C400 would truly be a mini S class if it were a luxery.
You can get a lux C400. Its the C400 4M that you can't get the luxury pkg on.

Then again, I guess we aren't sure of that since no C400 is shown in this guide as they are not making that car yet without the 4M.

Last edited by nyca; 02-20-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by nyca
Indeed, the C400 4M cannot be had with the Luxury Package? That makes no sense, that will cost them alot of sales. Like mine.
But it's not terribly surprising. You can't get a W204 C350 w/ the luxury package, either.... I'd like to be able to get C400 Lux, too, but.... ::shrug:: I imagine they think the take rate for the C400 will be pretty low (I imagine the C350 doesn't sell all that well), so MB probably doesn't t think it's worth it to build both....
Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by ddarko
Aren't UK dealers accepting orders now? I would think they would have this document at this point. Dealers in continental Europe started taking orders in December with customers taking delivery next month in March (cars are showing up at dealers as we speak). I think UK deliveries start in June so if the gap between order and delivery is similar to Europe, the UK dealers should have the ordering options. Let us know what you find out!

Edited to add:

I just re-read your first post seeking a UK guide and saw that your dealer did have it, he just wasn't willing to give you a copy. Sorry about that. Maybe he'd be more willing to give you a copy now that prices are out and Mercedes is accepting orders?
Hi ddarko, Many thanks. I believe you're right that June is the scheduled date for first UK deliveries. Therefore, I'm sure they must now be accepting orders and, although I want to wait until the end of this year before placing my order, it'd be helpful to have a clearer idea of spec options and price for budgeting. I'll want to load the car with a lot of options which could possibly blow the budget!!!

I haven't had a reply to an email I sent the dealer over two weeks ago so next week I'll try to visit another nearby dealer. I'll let you know what I discover.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by alsyli
But it's not terribly surprising. You can't get a W204 C350 w/ the luxury package, either.... I'd like to be able to get C400 Lux, too, but.... ::shrug:: I imagine they think the take rate for the C400 will be pretty low (I imagine the C350 doesn't sell all that well), so MB probably doesn't t think it's worth it to build both....
They are trying to move this car up the price chain - as you do that, buyers are less likely to want 4 cylinder power. MB is really going to get bombed when they try to sell the standard E class with 4 cylinder power, that's my opinion at least.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 C300 4Matic Sport, '02 530i
Originally Posted by nyca
MB is really going to get bombed when they try to sell the standard E class with 4 cylinder power, that's my opinion at least.
Both Audi A6 and BMW 5-series are now sold with 4-cylinder engine options. MB would just be following suit.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by Pete7874
Both Audi A6 and BMW 5-series are now sold with 4-cylinder engine options. MB would just be following suit.
Indeed. The 4-cylinder paired w/ the 5-series has actually gotten decent reviews. If it's sufficiently powerful and smooth, I think it'll sell decently. I actually really like the engine in my C250 (aside from the transmission calibration...). I also assume meeting fuel economy standards is also an important factor in offering the smaller engines in the bigger cars....
Old 02-22-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2013 C250 sport
4 cyl's are fine if they are built right. Big bores can make for interestingn sounding engines, as well as plenty of power. Look at the cla45 - 355hp.

Not as smooth as a v6 for sure, but I'm less concerned about how my car sounds outside vs inside. Yes you can tell even there, but a lot less IMO.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 986 Likes on 722 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by djejglk
4 cyl's are fine if they are built right. Big bores can make for interestingn sounding engines, as well as plenty of power. Look at the cla45 - 355hp.

Not as smooth as a v6 for sure, but I'm less concerned about how my car sounds outside vs inside. Yes you can tell even there, but a lot less IMO.
My problem with the current 1.8 is the off idle lag and I don't think that it sounds all that good in the low rev range. Once on boil it's a fine engine but i find it unrefined for puttering about. BTW I have a 98 1.8t audi engine which is better in both regards but has undesirable 4 cylinder vibration. If the C300 engine is a refined piece like for example the current VW 1.8t then I would be fine with a 4 in the C class
Old 02-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Hi Guys, anybody have any idea if an AMG sports exhaust system will be offered on the C400? Similar to BMW's M performance exhaust on their 335i? Also, is the exhaust note enhanced when the car is in sports mode? Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 AM

W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by ddarko
Aren't UK dealers accepting orders now? I would think they would have this document at this point. Dealers in continental Europe started taking orders in December with customers taking delivery next month in March (cars are showing up at dealers as we speak). I think UK deliveries start in June so if the gap between order and delivery is similar to Europe, the UK dealers should have the ordering options. Let us know what you find out!

Edited to add:

I just re-read your first post seeking a UK guide and saw that your dealer did have it, he just wasn't willing to give you a copy. Sorry about that. Maybe he'd be more willing to give you a copy now that prices are out and Mercedes is accepting orders?
Managed to get more details from another MB dealer. Good news in that it's within my budget, bad news is that the UK option packaging seems a little weird. I'm hoping that as the June UK launch date approaches we'll get more flexibility with the options and packages. To avoid going off-topic I've started another thread "UK option packages" to detail my concerns which, because they're specific to the UK market, are probably not of so much interest for you guys in the USA.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:53 PM

Mercedes
Checked with USA dealer today.
I could get an allocation for $500 deposit, but not an order, yet.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 PM

2013 C250 sport
My problem with the current 1.8 is the off idle lag and I don't think that it sounds all that good in the low rev range. Once on boil it's a fine engine but i find it unrefined for puttering about. BTW I have a 98 1.8t audi engine which is better in both regards but has undesirable 4 cylinder vibration. If the C300 engine is a refined piece like for example the current VW 1.8t then I would be fine with a 4 in the C class
I had a glk for a while (v6), and it was dam smooth, almost couldn't tell it was running when idle. It still sounded a little "clackety" though, because of the direct injection I'm thinking, from what I've read. I'm almost used to this type of engine now (direct injection), whether 4 or 6 cylinder. I just hope the little bit of extra HP and torque (vs the current offerings) lead to a better off idle response.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 986 Likes on 722 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by djejglk
I had a glk for a while (v6), and it was dam smooth, almost couldn't tell it was running when idle. It still sounded a little "clackety" though, because of the direct injection I'm thinking, from what I've read. I'm almost used to this type of engine now (direct injection), whether 4 or 6 cylinder. I just hope the little bit of extra HP and torque (vs the current offerings) lead to a better off idle response.
Me as well....

The first Mercedes in the family was a 4 cylinder 180. That's what started this whole love affair.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:12 PM

2013 C250 sport
Me as well....

The first Mercedes in the family was a 4 cylinder 180. That's what started this whole love affair.
Once you drive one, it's hard to go to anything else. I call it "my little tank" lol....