C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anyone taken delivery of a new W205 C-Class yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
Anyone taken delivery of a new W205 C-Class yet?

Howdy guys,

Has anyone taken delivery of a new W205 C-Class yet? I imagine there's plenty on the road in Europe by now. If so, is there anyone with Brilliant Blue? Please post some pictures if possible - thank you.

We have recently put down a deposit for our new C250 sedan with the following options:

Brilliant Blue
Two tone cream/black interior with black roof lining
AMG sports package (not sure which wheels yet - hoping for the 18" 5-spoke, not the 19" multi-spoke)
Black-ash open-pore wood trim
Panoramic Sunroof
COMAND
Airmatic - this is going to be awesome in a C-Class
Luxury front seats heated & ventilated
Thermotronic 3 zone climate control
Intelligent Lighting System - an absolute must!
Burmester SurroundSound System
Blind spot & lane keep assist - passive
Memory package - seats, mirrors etc
Tyre Pressure Monitoring system
Head Up Display
Analogue Clock

Basically the only big option we're haven't selected is the Driving Assistance Package Plus as this car is mostly a city car and will rarely get out of town on the highway.

We've still got about 6 weeks until our build freezes so we can change anything until then.

Been looking around everywhere to see a Brilliant Blue car in the flesh but apparently it's a new colour only for the C-Class so there's none around anywhere as yet. As mentioned above hopefully somebody's already got one and can share some photos.

As I always say - safe & enjoyable driving folks!

Cheers from cold Melbourne (winter is approaching fast!)
Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Line Premium Plus (W205)
Hoping to get my C220 in June/July The wait is painful!

Anyway is this the brilliant blue?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11404187...se/lowphotos#0
Old 05-15-2014, 01:22 PM

A few more:

http://paultan.org/2014/04/21/w205-c...eking-2014-12/

Google C class long wheel base. It looks like their demo car for that is in blue so there should be a fair few pictures from various press shots and reviews. It's probably the closest you'll get to a C class shot. Just picture it squished a bit :P
Old 05-15-2014, 01:27 PM

'17 GLS500. Previously '14 C250, '13 ML500, '12 C250, '08 ML500, '07 E500 & '03 A160
Wow, thanks. I'm pretty sure that's it. Looks good if it is, and exactly what we're after!

Nice that you're getting yours soon. Ours is being built on 1 August we're told, for delivery late September/early October.

We've just sold our W204 C250 so we'll be 1 car down until the newie arrives. Well worth the wait though I'm sure.

Cheers
Old 05-15-2014, 01:40 PM

np!

I'm getting the C220 (single turbo 2.1) because my insurance will be astronomical on anything larger. I'm going for a (boring) polar white

C220 Premium Plus AMG Line
- Diesel - 2,143 cc, 4 cylinder, 170 hp/125kW
- Mirror Package
- Parktronic with Active Park assist
- Interior lighting package
- High gloss black trim with aluminum door trims
- 19" Alloys
- Panoramic sun roof
- Keyless-go comfort package
- Burmeister surround system
- Ambient lighting
- Memory package
- COMMAND online system,
- Driving assistance package (blind spot assist, distronic plus, lane keeping asist, Pre-Safe)
- 360 Camera,
- Heads up display,
- Privacy glass
Old 05-17-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2013 C250 sport
I really don't understand all the option differences between countries. Here in the US, to get ambient lighting, you have to get the entire "interior package", which includes leather and ventillated seats. The "memory package" I'm assuming is for the seats, which is included in our P1 package.....as you can see, it's different all around the world. I don't understand. Your build k187 looks great, but I couldn't get that exact config in the US, even if I wanted to. Kinda frustrating. I'm assuming you're getting mb tex vs leather?
Old 05-18-2014, 02:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
As the main importer MBUSA only want large engines at a low low price, they only get limited options on both engines and extras. all the extras are sold in packages to then be able to earn more money and minimize the work for administration and logistics.
This I was told by a mechanic who worked a lot in US and Europe.
But only MBUSA an mercedes knows for sure.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:15 AM

2013 C250 sport
I guess it's all about money (for the corporations, and the buyers in the end) when it comes down to it. I HAVE to buy leather just to get ambient interior lighting.

The one thing that is FINALLY available is a rear view camera ($460 I believe). Not cheap, but no more "DIY" stuff for a lot of people. I couldn't understand why the back up camera was tied to the multimedia package for so long. It's not like its a "fun" feature. It should've been standard YEARS ago.

Mercedes is always on the cutting edge of safety and technology.....(but please spend almost 3 grand for that pesky little back up camera, and, oh..you'll get a heap of other stuff as well with that purchase that you might not need..)

sorry, I'm not completely bitter, just a little annoyed. good news is that a W205 properly configured for ME could literally be my dream car.

Last edited by djejglk; 05-18-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Acura TLX
Originally Posted by djejglk
I guess it's all about money (for the corporations, and the buyers in the end) when it comes down to it. I HAVE to buy leather just to get ambient interior lighting.

The one thing that is FINALLY available is a rear view camera ($460 I believe). Not cheap, but no more "DIY" stuff for a lot of people. I couldn't understand why the back up camera was tied to the multimedia package for so long. It's not like its a "fun" feature. It should've been standard YEARS ago.

Mercedes is always on the cutting edge of safety and technology.....(but please spend almost 3 grand for that pesky little back up camera, and, oh..you'll get a heap of other stuff as well with that purchase that you might not need..)

sorry, I'm not completely bitter, just a little annoyed. good news is that a W205 properly configured for ME could literally be my dream car.
From what i can see, the C400 might actually be the better buy this time round; much more stuff is standard, and even though it will be pricey at MSRP, i think deals will be there to be had.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 AM

W204 Coupe, W124 T-Wagon, C36
W205 Australian Order

Hi Aussie fan,

Great news for you regarding your new W205 order.
Sounds like a great spec. The brillant blue will certainly set it off and I am a fan of the wood interior with analogue clock.

Would be great if MBAup following what there doing with E-Class and having basic C200 (E200) and then taking up a level with driving assistance/command all std on C250 (as they do on E250).

I have been having trouble getting any information from MBAup and been informed that spec/pricing still yet to be fully finalised (couple of months to go).

Was suprised people being allocated order no's/build dates for 1st shipment etc to Aussie when I have been told it is open yet?

What Melbourne dealer you dealing with that has all the details?
Have you seen a dealer specification draft when you ordered or just going off other country spec sheets/order codes ?

Cheers
Old 05-19-2014, 04:33 AM

2012 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by CisternaChyli
From what i can see, the C400 might actually be the better buy this time round; much more stuff is standard, and even though it will be pricey at MSRP, i think deals will be there to be had.
I wonder about this, too. I think the low inventory (at least in the US) will keep prices comfortably above the C300, alas.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by MBNZfan
Hi Aussie fan,

Great news for you regarding your new W205 order.
Sounds like a great spec. The brillant blue will certainly set it off and I am a fan of the wood interior with analogue clock.

Would be great if MBAup following what there doing with E-Class and having basic C200 (E200) and then taking up a level with driving assistance/command all std on C250 (as they do on E250).

I have been having trouble getting any information from MBAup and been informed that spec/pricing still yet to be fully finalised (couple of months to go).

Was suprised people being allocated order no's/build dates for 1st shipment etc to Aussie when I have been told it is open yet?

What Melbourne dealer you dealing with that has all the details?
Have you seen a dealer specification draft when you ordered or just going off other country spec sheets/order codes ?

Cheers
Howdy, yes, we are certainly looking forward to it's arrival. And it looks like it's going to be such an amazing car, compared to the W204 we've just sold, which was great too!

I'm not sure what your dealer has told you, but I'm dealing with MB Toorak, which is factory owned, so I don't know if that gives them a slight advantage to yours. So far we've only paid our deposit and selected our model and the colour with a few stand alone options, there's no Australian specifications list with information available on packages yet, and no pricing. The build is currently unfrozen so we're able to change the colour and add/delete options until middle of June, 6 weeks before our build. We're hoping this pricing info will come through before the freeze date as we're really not comfortable ordering a brand new car and not knowing exactly how much it's going to cost us, plus at the moment without pricing we've got no bargaining power. If it's not available in time we will probably cancel this order and place a new one, meaning we'll get a car from the next batch. Happy to wait a bit longer if necessary.

I'm told pricing will be available very soon. They've babbled on about moving the old stocks of the W204s kicking around first before they announce anything else for the W205s. I also believe the first batch of W205s, all C200s I think, aren't that far away either. Surely they'll have to release more information if that's correct.

Guess we've all just got to sit put for now ... cheers!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:31 PM

2015 Acura TLX
Originally Posted by alsyli
I wonder about this, too. I think the low inventory (at least in the US) will keep prices comfortably above the C300, alas.
i doubt inventory will be low. The C class is still a very important car for Mercedes; even though the CLA is the entry level car now.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:45 PM

2012 C250 Sport
i doubt inventory will be low. The C class is still a very important car for Mercedes; even though the CLA is the entry level car now.

Are you in Los Angeles (can't quite tell from your info)? I see very few C350s here. I think there'll be a ton of 2015 C300s, but I think inventory of the C400s will be low simply b/c there's little demand. Of the 265 C-Class sedans at the Beverly Hills dealer, only 9 of them are C350s....
Old 05-21-2014, 04:38 AM

2015 Acura TLX
Are you in Los Angeles (can't quite tell from your info)? I see very few C350s here. I think there'll be a ton of 2015 C300s, but I think inventory of the C400s will be low simply b/c there's little demand. Of the 265 C-Class sedans at the Beverly Hills dealer, only 9 of them are C350s....
Actually i'm up in Bakersfield. Oh you were referring to the C400 specifically; i missed your point there . I meant that the C class in general is going to sell really well and have a lot of inventory on hand. Yeah the C300 is going to sell well, but you gotta tack on the options once again (the standard "Sport" model isn't comparable to what the standard C250 Sport is currently, for example). The C300 is better equipped as a base model though. The other question is, the AWD models barely sell out west, yet those are the first models being produced. The RWD C300 doesn't get here till next year...which is a shame.

Last edited by CisternaChyli; 05-21-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 PM

2012 C250 Sport
Actually i'm up in Bakersfield. Oh you were referring to the C400 specifically; i missed your point there . I meant that the C class in general is going to sell really well and have a lot of inventory on hand. Yeah the C300 is going to sell well, but you gotta tack on the options once again (the standard "Sport" model isn't comparable to what the standard C250 Sport is currently, for example). The C300 is better equipped as a base model though. The other question is, the AWD models barely sell out west, yet those are the first models being produced. The RWD C300 doesn't get here till next year...which is a shame.

Yes, I was referring to the C400 model specifically.

I also find the decision to offer AWD first a little curious. I mean, I guess people out here *aren't* going to put off getting a C-class b/c it has an "unnecessary" feature, but doesn't 4matic also reduce fuel efficiency? Oh, well.

For me, I plan to get a Luxury model (don't like the sport ride, and I don't find the base sport model to be particularly, well, sporty). I'd like the premium package + leather/ambient light package. Would prefer a 360 deg camera by itself (although I doubt it'll be offered that way) but would take the rear-view cameraalone instead, if it's easier to get a car that way off the lot. And I'd be quite pleased w/ a car just like that. =) Doubt I'll find one optioned that way, though.... Good thing I'm not in the market until at least 2016.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:19 PM

2015 Acura TLX
Yes, I was referring to the C400 model specifically.

I also find the decision to offer AWD first a little curious. I mean, I guess people out here *aren't* going to put off getting a C-class b/c it has an "unnecessary" feature, but doesn't 4matic also reduce fuel efficiency? Oh, well.

For me, I plan to get a Luxury model (don't like the sport ride, and I don't find the base sport model to be particularly, well, sporty). I'd like the premium package + leather/ambient light package. Would prefer a 360 deg camera by itself (although I doubt it'll be offered that way) but would take the rear-view cameraalone instead, if it's easier to get a car that way off the lot. And I'd be quite pleased w/ a car just like that. =) Doubt I'll find one optioned that way, though.... Good thing I'm not in the market until at least 2016.
The base sport model on the W205 doesn't have the lowered suspension like what's on the W204. Also the bumpers arent of the "sport" variety; they are just the alternative luxury bumpers the rest of the world gets .
Old 05-21-2014, 04:28 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
I believe we will have more information next week since, I was told, the dealers have been in Alabama this week to see the W205 production and get all the detailed information we have been looking for
Old 05-21-2014, 10:28 PM

Ok, so nobody anywhere in the world has a W205 C-Class in their driveway yet??
Old 05-21-2014, 10:55 PM

2015 Acura TLX
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
I believe we will have more information next week since, I was told, the dealers have been in Alabama this week to see the W205 production and get all the detailed information we have been looking for
i'm curious to see base pricing for the car, especially the C300 AWD version.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:58 PM

2013 C250 sport
Hopefully they're "not selling" many...lol. That may mean awkwardly good deals . I totally will be looking very hard at this beauty.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:59 AM

2015 Acura TLX
Originally Posted by djejglk
Hopefully they're "not selling" many...lol. That may mean awkwardly good deals . I totally will be looking very hard at this beauty.
i don't think the AWD cars will sell much in California at least; so i think deals could be had on those models.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 PM

2013 C250 sport
i don't think the AWD cars will sell much in California at least; so i think deals could be had on those models.
understood...i live in dallas, so i think the demand for RWD specifically might be a little less. people around here are more concerned with what they're driving vs. the enthusiast's/performance mindset (btw, that's a VERY generalized comment.) i'm talking about the bleach blond highland park soccer mom's daughter who's dad bought her a G550 because she though it was "cute".

anyways......

a CPO c300 RWD (w205) would be a dream car at an amazing price. only problem is waiting 2 years or more, AND finding the proper configuration

i gonna test drive the snot out of the thing the moment it arrives though. BUT....i need to refrain from making any crazy financial decisions!!!!!!!!

Last edited by djejglk; 05-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:48 PM

BMW 328i
When both AWD and RWD are available, no question RWD will sell more in California. That's how it is with the W204 in Cali. But dealers won't have any problems selling the AWD W205 when it launches and they'll get close to or above MSRP. Unless your best friend is the general manager of a dealership, people who think they will get deals around launch will be disappointed. I think this is going to be like the CLA where demand outran supply for months. It'll probably be six months or more before dealers start making deals. If you want to be first on your block with this car, you should budget for MSRP.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:06 PM

2015 Acura TLX
Originally Posted by ddarko
When both AWD and RWD are available, no question RWD will sell more in California. That's how it is with the W204 in Cali. But dealers won't have any problems selling the AWD W205 when it launches and they'll get close to or above MSRP. Unless your best friend is the general manager of a dealership, people who think they will get deals around launch will be disappointed. I think this is going to be like the CLA where demand outran supply for months. It'll probably be six months or more before dealers start making deals. If you want to be first on your block with this car, you should budget for MSRP.
yeah i doubt there will be deals around launch; 6 months should be a good time though, like you said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone taken delivery of a new W205 C-Class yet?