C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

W205 - C220 Sport - help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 Sport / 2014 / 2.1 (W205)
W205 - C220 Sport - help please

I recently received a new C-Class C220 Sport but have a couple of issues with the Comand screen.

Wondered if anyone else has similar issues?

I can tether my iPhone 4s and access various websites, but cannot connect to IP Radio - is this an additional app I need on my phone i.e. TuneIn Radio?

On a number of occasions half of the screen freezes and turns white, the only way to reset this is to turn off the car, lock the doors, wait 1 minute and then restart the car. Is this just me?

As the sat nav is now on an SD card is it possible to get a better version with perhaps built in speed camera alerts?

How do I pick 'just' my favourite presets radio stations?

Is there anyway to access the 'engineers' menus?

Sorry for all the questions, just a few niggly issues I want to address
Old 06-26-2014, 03:08 PM

W205
Originally Posted by earwig999
I recently received a new C-Class C220 Sport but have a couple of issues with the Comand screen.

Wondered if anyone else has similar issues?

I can tether my iPhone 4s and access various websites, but cannot connect to IP Radio - is this an additional app I need on my phone i.e. TuneIn Radio?
have a look under mercedes Benz apps on your Comand. You fill find the TuneIn Radio App. Please not that 4G speed or at least 3G speed is required to run TuneIn on the Comand

On a number of occasions half of the screen freezes and turns white, the only way to reset this is to turn off the car, lock the doors, wait 1 minute and then restart the car. Is this just me?
This is not normal. If this issue comes up again please reset the Comand by putting it to default.

As the sat nav is now on an SD card is it possible to get a better version with perhaps built in speed camera alerts?
Currently not.

How do I pick 'just' my favourite presets radio stations?
This this not possible. You can try to select one of your favorite radio stations and keep the * button on the touchpad pressed.

Is there anyway to access the 'engineers' menus?
Yes, but using the buttons on the steering and keep the car button from the Comand pushed. I'm not sure about the order. Sorry.

Sorry for all the questions, just a few niggly issues I want to address

Last edited by Sekpol; 06-26-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Review
Old 08-08-2014, 07:35 PM

C220 AMG Saloon 2014 Premium Plus Bluetec
Regarding speed cameras: this worked for me: http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/comand-online-and-speed-cameras_topic1217.html