C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

comand system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C400
comand system

I have some final questions about the 8.4 inch screen vs the 7 inch garmin screen. i am finalizing my order today and today is the last day to make any changes. i think the multi media pack is a waste at $2300 dollars (the most useful feature is rear view camera and that is offered as a standalone option).

im not quite sure why i would pay $2300 dollars for a boost of 1.4 inches (from 7 to 8.4) when i can spend $2300 on a 60 inch tv ! if screen size is what im looking for, then that is certainly not the best value.

on the other hand, im leasing the car so im not sure if it will make a big difference in terms of payment, maybe i should go for it?

i think watching youtube videos is cool. are there any other features i might enjoy with it? im not sure if i should get it or not and im looking for some info to help me sway my opinion. thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 03:26 PM

C400
anybody please?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:33 PM

2015 C400 4matic W205
How does the command system get data. Does it use your phone's data or does it have its own independent communication methods ? Are there some sort of subscription based functions that cost money? Or are all data functions free
Old 08-08-2014, 12:46 AM

2015 C400 4Matic
i dont think the youtube function will be of much use, you can only watch when the car is not moving. but who watches youtube in car after you reached your destination anyways? or maybe while waiting but that really is a small fraction of all possible scenarios while you are not moving.

Someone already mentioned it somewhere else, the screen is bigger, the map looks better, and there is some lingtronic thing that recognizes voices better too.

In canada it is part of the premium package with navigation, burnmester system, homelink and surround view (all for CAD4500). I believe I will live without it, but i really do like the sound system.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 AMG Saloon 2014 Premium Plus Bluetec
If you have an iPhone, forget about using the data connection - it just will not let you use data (and I have an unlimited data plan). Have not tried other phones yet.

I went for Premium Plus pack which included pano roof, automatic transmission, Park Assist (so cool when the car spins the wheel to park itself), Burmester sound system: the sound is exquisite! I had a C200 AMG sport without the premium plus pack for a couple of days (while mine was in the shop) and the difference is profound!

To me, for what you get with the options:
Standard = Economy
AMG sport = Economy plus
AMG with premium plus = Business class
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C200 (Petrol) Sport Premium Plus
Originally Posted by jbbeauso
How does the command system get data. Does it use your phone's data or does it have its own independent communication methods ? Are there some sort of subscription based functions that cost money? Or are all data functions free
Normally it will get data from a tethered phone but there is also a £400 Mercedes Telephone Module with Bluetooth that is available for the W205 and various other Mercedes cars. Apparently this module can have a SIM card directly inserted into it to enable a faster and independent connection from the phone and better reception due to its use of the vehicles external aerial. See, for example, http://www.mercedes-benz-accessories...telephony.html

I'm only working on what I've read about this and would be very interested to hear if anyone has real experience of this module as I might need to buy one when I get my W205.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
Was playing with the audio 20 the other day, and it has a web browser as well plus ip radio.
Had to connect the iPhone and turn on tethering.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 AM

C400
Originally Posted by megaoctane
Was playing with the audio 20 the other day, and it has a web browser as well plus ip radio.
Had to connect the iPhone and turn on tethering.
the regular 7inch system without multimedia pack has a web browser?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:57 AM

None
Just go for the Command. Higher res screen and better quality maps is also what you would be paying for. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think the command display has a glass coating vs the plastic one of the 7". And 1.4 " might not sound like a big difference, but it's still noticeable. And since you leasing, the small price increase in the monthly payments would be worth it.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:44 AM

C400
Originally Posted by Seylan
Just go for the Command. Higher res screen and better quality maps is also what you would be paying for. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I think the command display has a glass coating vs the plastic one of the 7". And 1.4 " might not sound like a big difference, but it's still noticeable. And since you leasing, the small price increase in the monthly payments would be worth it.
i heard that it could be up to $50 more on my monthly payment for the multimedia package