C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Any new owners of C400 please share your impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Any new owners of C400 please share your impressions

I have due for new car in December, so I am just looking around to find something really appealing, and cool and loaded with features and still performing well. I d not want too big, but small either. C is a little small, but perhaps can be alright.
I am interested how comfortable is C? Is C400 performing well, something under 6s? Can I get leather seats? What other cool features C gets now?
Old 09-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
Originally Posted by Dema
Can I get leather seats? What other cool features C gets now?
Are you for real?
Old 09-07-2014, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
I changed 4 E class cars for last 10 years and could get leather seats only once. It is real. So my understanding that getting leather seats for C is hardly possible. Please correct me if I am wrong and point me at least one dealership in SFBA having C with leather seats.
E class has cool feature as distronic in my opinion. Is it available for C as well?
Old 09-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2013 C250 sport
MB tex is used in almost every c class it seems. Leather is available, it's just not something the dealers usually have in stock. You could order one if there's none on the lot...it's an option like everything else, just not a popular one for some strange reason.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
Yep, basically every new safety feature from the S-class excluding night view assist is available for the new C as part of the drivers assistance package. Other highlights include a heads-up display, a first-in-the-segment Airmatic suspention, and adaptive full LED headlamps , also optional extras.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
MBUSA.com will answer all your question.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
I assume purpose of the forum get real people impression about different features of new car. I can go to MBUSA.com and read that new C class has feature X. So what? Is it really useful? Any problems with the feature people found? I can also name at least 20 interesting features in my E I would never discover using MBUSA.com. So answer like go to MBUSA.com and do googling is just trolling. Sorry no offence here, some people are trolls so we should admit that.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 981 CS, C450, 3000GT VR4
I guess people might have misunderstood you and thought you were trolling from your posts above since you asked questions like "can I get leather seat ?" and "E class has cool feature as distronic in my opinion. Is it available for C as well?"
Old 09-08-2014, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I'm considering the purchase of a 2015 C300 and have also been looking for owner feedback. That hasn't been easy to find. The few message boards that have a W205 forum offer lots of comments and links, but not much in first hand ownership experience. Granted, the car just came out but still ... I expected something out there.

Next week I will get a chance to test drive a demo car at the only MB dealer in my state ... a nearly two hour drive away. At that point I'll be able to form some initial impressions of my own and decide if this is a car I want to own.

I have found many of the comments here helpful, particularly about MB-Tex versus leather, as well as the Burmester upgrade. I'm now inclined to skipping the leather upgrade and including the audio upgrade.

If I order a car, or take one off the lot, it would have to have the Premium and Multimedia packages in it. I don't really care about the moon roof or the upgraded wheel/tire package.

Next Monday will be interesting ... I can walk away with a new car, an order for a new car, or absolutely nothing.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ves-later.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...buy-lease.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...avalanche.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-my-new-c.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...s-arrived.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ed-sf-bay.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...2014-w205.html

There! You have been spoon fed!

In the world of Internet forms you have to understand that only a small percentage of owners actually visit the forum, a smaller amount creates an account, a smaller amount makes a post, and an even smaller amount takes the time to make a helpful post ( e.g. an informative review).
Old 09-08-2014, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Well, that was a tasty treat. I had found a couple of those, but the rest were new to me. Thanks, that was very helpful.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
Originally Posted by skullboy
I guess people might have misunderstood you and thought you were trolling from your posts above since you asked questions like "can I get leather seat ?" and "E class has cool feature as distronic in my opinion. Is it available for C as well?"
My apologies to look like a troll. I am coming from E class forum where people more cooperative and understanding. Since I am looking for a car from a lot to save some money I do not have luxury to build a configuration from MBUSA, so I was interested in what is common configuration is available from dealer lots? For example when I was looking fro E, about 80% of cars had distronic, however only one had leather. It was for E, so I was curious if the situation any different for C. People also actively discussed if lighting package has any value for E class, but I got clue that only stereo system has some discussion here and as I could learn perhaps it is still valuable to take. Perhaps I need to wait when new C will take more owners and some valuable information can be collected.

@Tjdehya, thank you for useful links. It looks like new C is worth to consider.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c400
I ordered a full load C400, unfortunately it will come without climate control seat and adaptive light system. Because this is the only C400 that will arrive in Sep, I have to take it.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dema
My apologies to look like a troll. I am coming from E class forum where people more cooperative and understanding. Since I am looking for a car from a lot to save some money I do not have luxury to build a configuration from MBUSA, so I was interested in what is common configuration is available from dealer lots? For example when I was looking fro E, about 80% of cars had distronic, however only one had leather. It was for E, so I was curious if the situation any different for C. People also actively discussed if lighting package has any value for E class, but I got clue that only stereo system has some discussion here and as I could learn perhaps it is still valuable to take. Perhaps I need to wait when new C will take more owners and some valuable information can be collected.

@Tjdehya, thank you for useful links. It looks like new C is worth to consider.
Your apology for looking like a troll is accepted. I find people on this forum generally cooperative and understanding.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
I test drove over the weekend and was suitably impressed. Comfortable, very good power and a luxurious interior. I think BMW and Audi are going to take a beating.

I didn't really feel the size difference inside, though. I thought it would feel more spacious than it was, but there you go. Trunk is bigger too but it does not look a great deal bigger probably just the configuration of the trunk being different than mine.

Transmission was aggressive in Sport+ mode, AMG -like in some ways. I liked the Burmeester sound system and after 10minutes or so, I was starting to figure out the new COMAND system, pretty intuitive.

It looks nice in the flesh and makes the W204 look extremely dated, parked beside, but that is the nature of the game. I would be more interested in the AMG model, personaly when it comes out, but this C450 Wagon AMG Sport or whatever it is, if it is in actuality a real model, intrigues me.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
I hope that MBUSA gets the C450 right, if they decide to sell it here. It needs to be RWD with optional 4Matic and have the 9G transmission to justify some of the cost over the C400 IMO. I mean 329hp to 367hp is not a whole lot, but with AMG having tuned the chassis and the 9G trans and other tweaks it might be worth the 55-60K they're going to likely ask for it.

M
Old 09-09-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Germancar1
I hope that MBUSA gets the C450 right, if they decide to sell it here. It needs to be RWD with optional 4Matic and have the 9G transmission to justify some of the cost over the C400 IMO. I mean 329hp to 367hp is not a whole lot, but with AMG having tuned the chassis and the 9G trans and other tweaks it might be worth the 55-60K they're going to likely ask for it.

M
The C450 better have a lot more options and stuff to justify the price difference. 367hp can be had with a minor tune on the c400 especially since this car is now a turbo platform. Unless people are a badge ***** I would wait for the c63 if the price is high. Now if the c450 came with options and stuff that you could not carry over or put on the c400, that would be great.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by DameMD
The C450 better have a lot more options and stuff to justify the price difference. 367hp can be had with a minor tune on the c400 especially since this car is now a turbo platform. Unless people are a badge ***** I would wait for the c63 if the price is high. Now if the c450 came with options and stuff that you could not carry over or put on the c400, that would be great.
I agree. It will need something otherwise it clearly won't be worth it.

M