C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Test drive+discount=C300 purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Test drive+discount=C300 purchase

Today was the day I finally got to test drive a C300. The salesman took me out in a Premium/Multimedia optioned car for about 30 minutes of driving ... both highway and back roads.

My first concern was my height .. at 6'3" I was worried about interior room. Even with the Pano roof, I had enough head room. The legroom was generous enough that I could barely reach the pedals with the seat all the way back, so no problem there at all. Seats were comfortable and visibility was fine.

The car felt quick with the 4, although it did sound a bit raspy under hard acceleration. Handling was tight, steering response quick with good weighting, and the ride very comfortable over rough roads. The car felt very tight and very well put together.

The Burmester sounded really good off the satellite feed, but I didn't have much time to play with the settings.

The car looked even better in person than it does in the pictures. Both my wife and I thought it was really sharp and agreed that this car was a good fit for us.

I let the salesman know I wanted the car, but I also wanted a competitive deal. The best price I had was a 5% discount ... plus I wanted to trade in my 2012 Volvo S60. He came back with a 5.5% offer plus full wholesale NADA book price for the trade. I managed to get him to come up another $525 on the trade and shook his hand. There wasn't anything on the lot that was what I wanted, but a car is on a truck and due in today that is pretty close, so I locked that one up.

The build is a C300 with the Premium and Multimedia packages, 18" Twin 5-Spoke wheels, Panorama Sunroof, BLIS, Burl Walnut trim, and heated seats. Color is Iridium Silver with black MB-Tex interior. Total retail was $50,290, less the 5.5% discount ($2766) for a net total of $47,524. The car will be ready Thursday and I'll be off work Monday and driving down to pick it up.

All in all, that was the easiest car purchase I think I ever made.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
Stan "the man"...congrats. I guess they recognized a serious buyer and did what needed to be done to make the deal. Enjoy your new car and post pics!!