C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Delayed......again (UK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c200
Originally Posted by tgrx1901
As I expected and as other UK customers have experienced, my delivery has been delayed yet again.

I'm now told it will be "sometime in mid December" before my car arrives, instead of 27th November.

The dealer can see no reason for the delay and contacted Mercedes UK for an explanation. Apparently its down to shipping delays from South Africa to the UK.

Trying to be philosophical about it and be patient but its really annoying that a company like Mercedes, who project a premium supplier image, can be so shoddy and amateur when it comes to the execution of their core business.
I just got told the same thing by Mercedes Corporate team yesterday. My car was due for delivery 27/28 November. Now being told they are trying their best for delivery before the end of the year due to shipping delays. Takes approx 30 days for transpiration from South Africa and customs checks in Belgium before it gets to UK...gutted!
Old 11-06-2014, 02:53 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Very nice looking ride barnsleyshaun! What type of tyres comes with 19": all seasons or summer ones?

Thanks - not sure to be honest - here in the UK we have never been as hot on changing tyres over although it is becoming more common.

Great looking motor BarnsleyShaun, Waiting for my C250 Bluetec not too many miles up the M1 from you possible delivery late November but not holding my breath
Also ordered the 19inch wheels without Airmatic (couldn't wait for a delivery of "sometime Q1") How are you finding the ride?

Cheers, Its pretty good tbh, to say its 19" on runflats same as on my old e92 its definitely smoother - the E92 was a real teeth rattler!!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM

Mercedes C220 AMG Premium Plus
I seem to have been one of the lucky ones who got one of the original batch destined for the UK. I ordered it in June direct from the dealer after going through all sorts of combinations and ended up going for the C220 AMG Premium Plus with privacy glass.

Car was delivered end of September and is stunning but quickly realised they'd used tint film instead of factory glass. After many heated exchanges with the dealer they said in order to not delay delivery they brought the car over and tinted them here but they never told me that. They are going to swap out all the glass in a few weeks.

I hope they sort it out for you all as it really is a stunning car with this being my third C class in a row but definitely the best! For all those wondering, the AMG is the one to go for and the reaction the car gets is amazing.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
My C200 Sport is also my 3rd C class after the W203 & W204, it's in a totally diffeant league to the previous two versions. Ordered April deliverd mid August.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:29 AM

W204 C220 Sport
Collected my Diamond White C220 Sports premium plus from the dealership last Friday. Very excited about the car. The interior is stunning and the ambient lighting at night is fantastic. Totally in a different league from my previous W204. Was told at the dealership that any orders with 360 degrees camera have very long lead times.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:45 AM
PK1

Oh lord, please grant me...
A really interesting thread, since I'm just about to place an order for a C Class (delivery date 2018, going by some of the delays noted above!)

Congrats to all who've taken delivery.I'd love to hear what you guys have to say re: AMG sports suspension. I'm driving an Audi right now - no shouted abuse, please! - and the sports suspension on that is costing me a fortune in dental bills

So.... I was going to order a C220BlueTEC, AMG line, metallic paint, privacy glass, with AIRMATIC suspension, but my local dealer tells me that a) I'll be waiting... and b) the AMG sports suspension is probably softer than I expect (test drive tomorrow, all going well).

Any thoughts on how the AMG line sports suspension might deal with city bumps and humps?
Old 11-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Having driven them all & I like firm suspension I would steer clear of the Sport steel suspension & large wheels. They spoil the car IMHO.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by PK1
A really interesting thread, since I'm just about to place an order for a C Class (delivery date 2018, going by some of the delays noted above!)

Congrats to all who've taken delivery.I'd love to hear what you guys have to say re: AMG sports suspension. I'm driving an Audi right now - no shouted abuse, please! - and the sports suspension on that is costing me a fortune in dental bills

So.... I was going to order a C220BlueTEC, AMG line, metallic paint, privacy glass, with AIRMATIC suspension, but my local dealer tells me that a) I'll be waiting... and b) the AMG sports suspension is probably softer than I expect (test drive tomorrow, all going well).

Any thoughts on how the AMG line sports suspension might deal with city bumps and humps?
The suspension is fine in the AMG even with run flat tires. It's better than the Edition 125 AMG previous model I had and the car it just better all round. Not really noticed a big change in the drive settings apart from Sport+ which def improves throttle response. My Edition 125 had the dynamic handling pack and didn't realise how good that was until I went round some big bends as I thought it was going to spin out but that's just me needing to change driving style. It's a great drive and I would say just go test drive one and you'll not regret it and your question on suspension will be answered soon as you do - it's great.

I went for the C220 AMG Premium Plus and there's so many things to do I've took my eye off the road a few times! I think supply will free up soon as there's always a rush when new models are released of any car. One thing I did notice straight away is how much more solid it is and quiet too compared to the last one but you won't regret it.

Hope you get a drive and good luck with delivery.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:14 PM

C220 AMG Line
Ordered my C220 AMG line premium plus last month and delivery should be just before Xmas! Dealer dead keen to register it in December. It seems this ones being built in Germany, hence the quicker delivery Cant wait
Old 11-13-2014, 03:04 PM
PK1

Originally Posted by ScoobyDave
The suspension is fine in the AMG even with run flat tires. It's better than the Edition 125 AMG previous model I had and the car it just better all round. Not really noticed a big change in the drive settings apart from Sport+ which def improves throttle response. My Edition 125 had the dynamic handling pack and didn't realise how good that was until I went round some big bends as I thought it was going to spin out but that's just me needing to change driving style. It's a great drive and I would say just go test drive one and you'll not regret it and your question on suspension will be answered soon as you do - it's great.

I went for the C220 AMG Premium Plus and there's so many things to do I've took my eye off the road a few times! I think supply will free up soon as there's always a rush when new models are released of any car. One thing I did notice straight away is how much more solid it is and quiet too compared to the last one but you won't regret it.

Hope you get a drive and good luck with delivery.
Thanks for that info. Scooby (and apologies to the moderator if I've gone halfway to hijacking a thread about a delay to ask users whether AIRMATIC is worth the risk of slow delivery...) That solidness and smoothness is exactly what I'm after, so it's great to have your opinion. Sounds like you've a nice ride there

Glyn, do you think the 19" rims are part of the reason why you were put off? I'll probably go for the 18"s.

Last edited by PK1; 11-13-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote original comment
Old 11-13-2014, 03:20 PM
PK1

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Having driven them all & I like firm suspension I would steer clear of the Sport steel suspension & large wheels. They spoil the car IMHO.
Thanks for that, Glyn. Do you think it'd be softer on 18" rims, or is AIRMATIC just the way to go? Any idea when UK customers can expect AIRMATIC AMGs to roll in? Thanks again...
Old 11-16-2014, 03:57 AM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
Hello all,

After placing my company car order (with Leaseplan) in Late June / early July I had a call from the dealer on Thursday confirming delivery slot with me. It's coming on a truck from Essex and will be with me next Monday (which was about 2 weeks earlier than originally planned).

Looking forward to getting out of my Audi and into something a bit more nimble. I didn't go for anything fancy, just the C250 Bluetec in Sport trim, black with cream interior.

Should be a bit of fun getting back into a Merc. My last W204 was a bit of a dog to be fair and they can't have failed to have improved the experience for me with this one.

Forgot to mention - requested a de badge from the dealer as this wasn't available on the list of options for me to select for some reason. Fingers crossed they can accommodate that without the lease company getting their knickers in a twist

Last edited by Jonobigblind; 11-16-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 11-16-2014, 04:40 AM

BMW X3
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Hello all,

Forgot to mention - requested a de badge from the dealer as this wasn't available on the list of options for me to select for some reason. Fingers crossed they can accommodate that without the lease company getting their knickers in a twist
Exciting stuff....post some pics when you get. I'm also getting mine via Leaseplan so let me know how you get on with the de badge.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:17 AM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
Originally Posted by UKDriver
Exciting stuff....post some pics when you get. I'm also getting mine via Leaseplan so let me know how you get on with the de badge.
Sure thing, will do. Won't be very exciting for the majority of members I'm afraid as I have gone for any of the jazz on it. Just glad I ordered it when I did as they put the price up £40 per month just a week after I had my order confirmed.

I wanted the C300 but this turned out to be more expensive than the E300 so I got the C250 for less than the cost of the C220 with an auto box.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:00 PM
PK1

Originally Posted by PK1
Thanks for that info. Scooby (and apologies to the moderator if I've gone halfway to hijacking a thread about a delay to ask users whether AIRMATIC is worth the risk of slow delivery...) That solidness and smoothness is exactly what I'm after, so it's great to have your opinion. Sounds like you've a nice ride there

Glyn, do you think the 19" rims are part of the reason why you were put off? I'll probably go for the 18"s.
Well, I drove the c class on the steel springs, and I have to report that it felt good to me. So, I'm skipping the AIRMATIC option and going with tenorite grey, cranberry red interior, and the ash panels. The dealer said that they "hope" to start delivering AIRMATIC spec'd models in Q1 2015. I'll still be waiting til March, for the standard sport suspension car, but hey ho, it's only 4 months away...

I didn't add on too many options, and I can't stretch to the Premium Line AMG, but I'm happy enough. I was going to go for a manual gearbox, mainly because I'm old-fashioned and always associated automatics with old ladies who couldn't manage the gears I did like the paddles on the AMG auto steering wheel though!!!

Overall, I think I agree with you, Scooby re: the ride. AIRMATIC isn't necesarry. Now it's just a question of whether I follow through with the dealer's offer or test the waters with Drive the deal... (The latter are telling me that they can better the price by £2k. I wonder?!)
Old 11-16-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by PK1
Now it's just a question of whether I follow through with the dealer's offer or test the waters with Drive the deal... (The latter are telling me that they can better the price by £2k. I wonder?!)
I went with DTD and saved £5,700 or 16% off list. Local dealer couldn't come close.
Small gotcha with going via DTD so PM me if you want more details.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by PK1
Well, I drove the c class on the steel springs, and I have to report that it felt good to me. So, I'm skipping the AIRMATIC option and going with tenorite grey, cranberry red interior, and the ash panels. The dealer said that they "hope" to start delivering AIRMATIC spec'd models in Q1 2015. I'll still be waiting til March, for the standard sport suspension car, but hey ho, it's only 4 months away...

I didn't add on too many options, and I can't stretch to the Premium Line AMG, but I'm happy enough. I was going to go for a manual gearbox, mainly because I'm old-fashioned and always associated automatics with old ladies who couldn't manage the gears I did like the paddles on the AMG auto steering wheel though!!!

Overall, I think I agree with you, Scooby re: the ride. AIRMATIC isn't necesarry. Now it's just a question of whether I follow through with the dealer's offer or test the waters with Drive the deal... (The latter are telling me that they can better the price by £2k. I wonder?!)
Glad you decided to go for it and you will love it. I only went for the Auto as the Premium Plus model required it with the keyless etc as I agree with you as always had a manual. The paddles look good but think only used once to see what they do but it's such a machine leaving in Auto is fine. Having the Auto on a 100 mile a day round trip to work has swayed me a bit though!

Mine is a company car so I'm lucky to have a good boss who let me order what I wanted so the AMG Premium Plus was the one for me. Ordered it in polar white with privacy glass and it is absolutely stunning. I've had 2 W204 and this one is just 100% better build quality even down to the solid feel of the door close - solid clunk!

I will try and post some pictures soon as the windows are being replaced on Wednesday (see original post!!) so will actually have proper privacy glass lol.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:18 AM

C250 AMG Prem +
Been advised by my leasing company that my C250 will be delivered on Friday this week
As I stated earlier in this thread my order was placed during the first week of September and the initial quoted date has been maintained.
Interestingly I was advised of the number plate and VIN number last week and noticed that the VIN started "WDD" which according to info I have found suggests it is manufactured in Germany rather than SA. This may explain the relatively short delivery compared with some others on here.

I think I remember reading somewhere that dependent on spec some RHD cars were still being made in Germany.

My spec is C250 AMG
Palladium Grey
Premium Plus pack
Leather
Driver Assistance pack
Ash wood trim
19 inch wheels

Anyone else noted their cars origin or am I just reading the VIN wrong?
Old 11-17-2014, 04:27 AM

S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by mightywhites
I think I remember reading somewhere that dependent on spec some RHD cars were still being made in Germany.
My dealer also mentioned that to me. I recall builds which specify 'Premium' and 'Premium Plus' packs are made in Germany due to shortage of pano roof glass.

Last edited by W124-FTW; 11-17-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:52 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by W124-FTW
My dealer also mentioned that to me. I recall builds which specify 'Premium' and 'Premium Plus' packs are made in Germany due to shortage of pano roof glass.
Mine was prem plus and was still shifted over to SA. Perhaps it's to do with the C250 Diesel engine?

Congrats to everyone who are getting their deliveries through now - at least things seem to be moving along a little better now.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:54 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by mightywhites
Been advised by my leasing company that my C250 will be delivered on Friday this week
As I stated earlier in this thread my order was placed during the first week of September and the initial quoted date has been maintained.
Interestingly I was advised of the number plate and VIN number last week and noticed that the VIN started "WDD" which according to info I have found suggests it is manufactured in Germany rather than SA. This may explain the relatively short delivery compared with some others on here.

My spec is C250 AMG
Palladium Grey
Premium Plus pack
Leather
Driver Assistance pack
Ash wood trim
19 inch wheels

Anyone else noted their cars origin or am I just reading the VIN wrong?
Sounds a great spec, bet Friday can't come quick enough!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Originally Posted by W124-FTW
Not so, my C200 sport prem plus ordered April delivered August was made in SA.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:21 PM

S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by Merlin1
Not so, my C200 sport prem plus ordered April delivered August was made in SA.
Dealer mentioned it last week. Your car was built ~6 months ago. Things change.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:08 PM
PK1

I'm lucky to have a good boss who let me order what I wanted so the AMG Premium Plus was the one for me. Ordered it in polar white with privacy glass and it is absolutely stunning. I've had 2 W204 and this one is just 100% better build quality even down to the solid feel of the door close - solid clunk!

I will try and post some pictures soon as the windows are being replaced on Wednesday (see original post!!) so will actually have proper privacy glass lol.[/QUOTE]

"A good boss" sounds good to have! You must be doing a good job for the company though, so kudos there, Scooby. Looking forward to seeing those pics once they've done the fix on the privacy glass (a bit of a chancery move that, but all's well that ends...) Take your time on that commute
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 PM

C250 AMG Prem +
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
Sounds a great spec, bet Friday can't come quick enough!
Had email from my MD "you don't want to be driving over the M62 to collect your car on a Friday - wait till next week"
In other words let me thrash the a*** off it all weekend
Don't you just luv em!!
Anyway now being delivered Thursday so no longer an issue - happy days

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.