C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Delayed......again (UK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C300 Hybrid
My C300 was due on the 9th June (confirmed by dealer two weeks before) but I'd not heard anything so called the dealer this morning and it's slipped to 14th July........ No reason given.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw m3
You guys shouldnt complain about your delivery times....

11 months and 20 days after placing my order, I was finally informed that the car will be at the dealer tomorrow.

Who can beat that?
Old 06-17-2015, 10:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by kots

11 months and 20 days after placing my order, I was finally informed that the car will be at the dealer tomorrow.

Who can beat that?

Which country are you in? That HAS to be a record.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:36 AM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)

Who can beat that?
I'd have gone and bought a different car. The C class isn't that special.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:28 PM

W205 (on order)
Whoop whoop our c220g AMG line premium is here. Picked it up on Monday from UK dealer, very happy. Looks lush but wish I went for not gloss black interior, but other than that I love it. The premium pack and red leathers look awesome. The intelligent lights and 19s really finish it off. Very happy

One question, dealer told my the car is one of the early ones which supports Mercedes Me mobile app (remote lock, geo fencing, locator, pre-heating) however has anyone used it on a C-Class? Mine doesn't seem to come up as supported on the app which is a bit annoying?
Old 06-17-2015, 07:37 PM

W205 (on order)
Here are some pics of the new arrival. Ordered back in October I think, delayed due to ordering 360camera which I had to cancel back in dec/jan. what you think?

Old 06-18-2015, 01:07 AM

2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Very nice mate.

Yes, your car WILL support Mercedes Me - all cars built this year have the Comm Module necessary. There are a number of steps that need to be completed, first:

If you cannot Define the car then chances are the dealer has not registered correctly (I had this)
            If the Services seem to "hang" (ie Constantly comes back with a message saying "Services are being changed - no further changes can be entered" then you need to check you have Accepted T&Cs - if this has been done, pull the Fuse in the passenger footwell (Fuse 309) to reset the Comm Module (again, I had to do this).

The Mercedes Me support is very good (access via the help, option "I am receiving an error code......."). They had to delete and re-enter my registration as the dealer could not complete it.

Good luck.

Last edited by jolt8631; 06-18-2015 at 01:11 AM.
            Old 06-18-2015, 02:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
            C250 Polar White, Night Package
            very nice looking car Mr5uby.

Mine will be the same except for the night packet. Still waiting on delivery but can't wait
            Old 06-18-2015, 04:37 AM

W205 (on order)
            Originally Posted by jolt8631
            Very nice mate.

Yes, your car WILL support Mercedes Me - all cars built this year have the Comm Module necessary. There are a number of steps that need to be completed, first:

If you cannot Define the car then chances are the dealer has not registered correctly (I had this)
                      If the Services seem to "hang" (ie Constantly comes back with a message saying "Services are being changed - no further changes can be entered" then you need to check you have Accepted T&Cs - if this has been done, pull the Fuse in the passenger footwell (Fuse 309) to reset the Comm Module (again, I had to do this).

The Mercedes Me support is very good (access via the help, option "I am receiving an error code......."). They had to delete and re-enter my registration as the dealer could not complete it.

Good luck.
                      Thank you Jolt. To answer your questions

Dealer has already registered the vehicle hence I got an email to complete registration.

Defining vehicle doesn't seem necessary as my VIN is shown (but I cannot see number plate) so I tried to define it and an error stating vehicle already registered (so dead end)

Took an hour or so for the 5 services shown to become active, all status is set to active and it's been 24hrs since registering

How can I check I have accepted all T&C's? As the 5 services are active I assume it's accepted.

Do I really need to disconnect the fuse? Where did you find this out (did MB ask you to do this?
                      Old 06-18-2015, 11:14 AM

W205 (on order)
                      Well I've just got some bad news from MB call centre,

Technical team came back and said my car does NOT have the services available as it had to be ORDERED at the factory. They say cars are built with basic services or additional services. I never saw any option to have this functionality so nothing like this was ordered, I thought all cars would have it by default.

Anyone think this is BS or dos those who have it, have it ordered specifically?

Car was ordered October 2014 and build date of April 2015 so I'm dazzled
                      Old 06-19-2015, 03:36 AM

C 180 (W205)
                      Additional services are always included in Comand Online.
                      When you don't have Comand Online, additional services are either optional or included, depending on country. You need to have both option codes 05U and 06U.

As far as I know it cannot be retrofitted at the moment.

Last edited by turt; 06-19-2015 at 03:39 AM.
                      Old 06-20-2015, 06:33 AM

C Class W204
                      I ordered a new W205 at the end of March, and was told all about the fact that they were now built in South Africa.

I ordered a C250 AMG line with full leather, wood trim, LED smart lights, and in Palladium Silver and the Premium Plus package.

I was told that I would have the car early in August, as I was getting a 250.

I then went back a couple of weeks later at the beginning of April and was told that there was now a face lift, and that I was going to get the newer 2015 model, and was told of all the differences.

I was also told that this had put my delivery back to late August, as they were now having to retrofit the changes into the cars that had been ordered before mine, but not yet built.

I went back to give them my Registration Retention document last week and I was told that there was now a further delay because certain parts were now critical.

Yesterday I received an email from my dealer saying that I will now be getting my new car in last week of September or first week of October.
                      Old 06-20-2015, 10:40 AM

W205 (on order)
                      Facelift? So early in the life of w205? Is this the MY16 people are talking about? Will it have surround cam? I'm annoyed even now on the configurator it allows you to spec it but it's not even available!!!

Really missing that option
                      Old 06-21-2015, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by HorshamRebel
                      I ordered a new W205 at the end of March, and was told all about the fact that they were now built in South Africa.

I ordered a C250 AMG line with full leather, wood trim, LED smart lights, and in Palladium Silver and the Premium Plus package.

I was told that I would have the car early in August, as I was getting a 250.

I then went back a couple of weeks later at the beginning of April and was told that there was now a face lift, and that I was going to get the newer 2015 model, and was told of all the differences.

I was also told that this had put my delivery back to late August, as they were now having to retrofit the changes into the cars that had been ordered before mine, but not yet built.

I went back to give them my Registration Retention document last week and I was told that there was now a further delay because certain parts were now critical.

Yesterday I received an email from my dealer saying that I will now be getting my new car in last week of September or first week of October.
                      Hey there,

I am in an almost identical situation to you. I ordered a C250 AMG Line at the end of March and was originally told the car would be delivered by end of July. (it has a build date in July), but was told that due to the fact the car is now being produced in South Africa it has been delayed for end of August delivery.

However, I was not informed about any facelift or new features. What are the differences that you have been told?

I will speak with my dealer tomorrow
                      Old 06-21-2015, 04:20 AM

C43 Coupe
                      Originally Posted by CornishPasty
                      Hey there,

I am in an almost identical situation to you. I ordered a C250 AMG Line at the end of March and was originally told the car would be delivered by end of July. (it has a build date in July), but was told that due to the fact the car is now being produced in South Africa it has been delayed for end of August delivery.

However, I was not informed about any facelift or new features. What are the differences that you have been told?

I will speak with my dealer tomorrow
                      This is the first I think anyone has heard the word "facelift" mentioned. I'd doubt MY16 is coming with a facelift. But I'd be open to being wrong.
                      Old 06-21-2015, 04:22 AM
                      MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
                      BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
                      Originally Posted by Hpbingham,
                      This is the first I think anyone has heard the word "facelift" mentioned. I'd doubt MY16 is coming with a facelift. But I'd be open to being wrong.

I agree. It's too early for a facelift, it will simply be year on year feature changes.
                      Old 06-24-2015, 05:22 AM

Here is the build time line for my car. Just posting in case it is of interest to people to see the scheduling for building a C250

Old 06-25-2015, 11:15 AM

C Class W204
                      Thanks CP, is this something that I can get hold of as well, or will I have to get it from my dealer ?

I know the C220s are build slotted in before the C250s
                      Old 06-25-2015, 11:33 AM

Mercedes C Class
                      Hi all,

Ordered my C Class in Early February, Delivery date to dealer currently 16th July and I receive regular fortnightly updates to say this is still on track... hope fully this won't slip any longer as I'm inpatient at the best of times and I'm sooo bored of waiting!!

Can't wait to get the car though, Ordered the C220 bluetec Sport in tenorite gray, also added the Optional Air Suspension
                      Old 06-26-2015, 03:13 PM

bmw m3
                      After 12 months and 4 days waiting, I finally got my car today,

I will try and post some pics soon.

First impressions are great, command will take some getting used to it, but overall the car seems to be perfect
                      Old 06-26-2015, 03:33 PM

2018 GLC300 4Matic

First impressions are great, command will take some getting used to it, but overall the car seems to be perfect
                      Congrats! This has to be a record. Did the dealer at least throw in some gifts for sticking it out?
                      Old 06-26-2015, 04:07 PM

Audi A4 2.0 TDI Black Edition

Good for you, #jealous

Enjoy and congrats!
                      Old 06-26-2015, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by HorshamRebel
                      Thanks CP, is this something that I can get hold of as well, or will I have to get it from my dealer ?

I know the C220s are build slotted in before the C250s
                      I got this from my dealer, so am sure they can also provide for you
                      Old 06-29-2015, 12:58 PM

C250 AMG Line (Prem Plus) Bluetec & Land Rover Discovery 4
                      So after 7 months of waiting already, yet another delay and no firm date in sight for my build (soonest would be end of August apparently but no guarantees). So I've now decided to compromise on the spec. I've had too loose the Black ash trim, which is apparently causing the delay (in combination with the Prem plus pack). Something to do with the Pano roof which I don't understand how it effects the black ash trim) but at least I will have a car (minus Black-ash) within the next 2 weeks!
                      Not sure if I'm being fed a line but I was told the pano roofs are also causing delays with CLA and GLA orders too.
                      Either way just be glad to get a car, hopefully not too much longer to go now!
                      Old 06-29-2015, 01:51 PM

C Class W204
                      I was talking to someone from South Africa a day or two a go, and he was saying that there a quite a few cities, including East London, that are having to have days without any electricity due to strikes.

I would guess that the plant would have it's own electricity supply, but a lot of the new SA part manufacturers will be affected by this, causing even longer delays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.