C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Anyone have a luxury version? Please share your thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Anyone have a luxury version? Please share your thoughts

It seems the sport version is everywhere

Who has test driven one - thoughts?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a C200 Petrol (wagon) with the Exclusive (luxury in the US) on order. It is not a sports car, It is a luxury car, with reasonable power and reasonable fuel economy, so I much prefer the classic mercedes look.

The c300 and c400 sold in the US, seems a good match to the sport and luxury look alike. I can see why you can go either way with these models. On the other hand, I would personally not want a 4-pot diesel with AMG package,but that's just how i feel.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:20 AM

W205 220 BT
Not driven the Exclusive but jumped in, as my father wanted to buy it for himself (I ordered the Executive for myself).
In my opinion it is a classic Mercedes outside: the grille is wonderful but a bit too classic for me (I'm 33). Inside it is wonderful with the standard microfiber and vinyl seats and dashboard. I didn't like the standard wooden consolle (I'd have coosen a darker one). Really nice car to jump in, it seems a car apart from the Executive version (that here in Italy is basically the standard one, costing 3/4k less)
Old 10-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
I've driven and checked all 4 models/suspensions. Not sure which one I will go for. The luxury version suspension is the most suited for American roads, unless you $$ for airmatic, or drive on much better roads than I do. The look is a personal preference with the big star/sport more popular. Sporty in the US is seen as more 'youthful'. If you see both side by side though, the Luxury has a classier look. C class sedan just isn't a sports car to me, and the big star fits the CLA or some of the Mercedes coupes better than their sedans IMO. You can fit whichever wheels you like to most any model. In the US you get some extras like dash stitching, wood and few other things. Also no luxury version with C400 or RWD. It's a trade off.

Last edited by floridadriver; 10-02-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Having been in the W204 for 6 years and choosing not to stay with the brand, I agree with the above perspectives. The C Class is not a "sports sedan" no matter what MBUSA calls the model. Road tests have confirmed the excellence of the W205, but toward a luxury objective - nothing "sporting" about them. These are smaller size luxury cars, for those who aspire to an S Class, not an Alpina B7, likely best appreciated in full luxury trim/calibrations.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 PM

I hope what i wrote is not misunderstood. When i say that my car is not a sports car, I was mostly talking about my own car. A wagon with moderate power at best is never going to be a sporty car, so sticking on AMG styling would take it in the wrong direction. C-Class as a whole is not a sports car either, but certainly some versions will be very sporty indeed.

Not having the luck or pleasure of trying the V6 Biturbo (not available here) but having read a review from a well respected local moto-journalist, and his high praises of the engine, chassis and suspension (Airmatic) in C400 version, I would think that this package, perhaps coupled to a set of more aggressive tires, offes a pretty well sorted (small) Grand Tourer Sport (GTS). You could argue the C-class is still a sports sedan, but in European Terms at least i would say the CLA is now more suitable for this designation.

Last edited by Pete1968; 10-02-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Pete1968
I hope what i wrote is not misunderstood. When i say that my car is not a sports car, i am mostly talking abot my own car. A wagon with moderate power at best is never going to be a sporty car, so sticking on AMG stying would take in the wrong direction. C-Class as a whole is not a sports car either, but certainly some versions will be very sporty indeed.

Not having the luck or pleasure of trying the V6 Biturbo (not available here) but having read a review from a well respected local moto-journalist, and his high praises of the engine, chassis and suspension (Airmatic) in C400 version, I would think that this package, perhaps coupled to a set of more aggressive tires, offerz a pretty well sorted and sporty (small) Grand Tourer. You could argue thje C.class is still a sports sedan, but in European Terms at least i would say the CLA is now more suitable for this designation.
Perhaps everyone has their own definition of sporty, but one reason I left rather than buy a W205 is that the entire MB brand (excluding the AMG sub-brand) is moving away from sports sedans to different sizes of more traditional luxury sedans. This is not bad, nor an insult, it's just a change of direction. MB makes the world's finest volume luxury cars, but with them becoming different sizes of the S Class, they are not really "sporty" any more (to the degree they ever were, although the W204 was more so)...they are solidly contemporary luxury cars for elegant, comfortable, confident, and relaxed motoring. Thrills to be found elsewhere. If I were interested in MB again, or when my wife is ready for her next car to replace her beloved E, we will definitely look at the luxury version as that is what this brand is becoming truly about.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55
I don't understand why the Luxury trim isn't available with the C400.

Just because some of us prefer the looks of classic luxury doesn't mean we don't also appreciate a higher performance engine. I would like to see the option both ways. My C55 was full AMG performance but still had the luxury trim

If Mercedes would allow me to order a C400 in Luxury trim I would buy it today.

Last edited by mac55; 10-02-2014 at 02:25 PM.