C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C200 AMG Line - New Owner Introduction!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A5 1.8 TFSI Black Edition
C200 AMG Line - New Owner Introduction!

Hello everyone,

Having spent the last 3 months (since I ordered my car) browsing on here I thought it was about time I registered and introduced myself!

I currently own an Audi A5 1.8 TFSI Black Edition and have had a couple of BMWs (both 3 Series and 1 Series) prior to it, but this will be my first venture into the world of MB:

C200 AMG Line Premium Plus
7 Speed Automatic
Polar White
Black Artico 'Leather'
Piano Black / Aluminum Trim
19" AMG Alloys in Titanium Grey
Privacy Glass
Panoramic Roof
Burmester Surround Sound
Ambient Lighting
COMAND Online System
Keyless Go
Seat Memory Package

It's currently due in on the 24th October - 18 weeks after I placed my order! I'll be sure to post some photos and my initial thoughts as soon as I take delivery!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
My C300 is my first MB also. There are things that they do differently ... like the transmission stick and windshield wiper stalk, but on the whole everything falls into place as you get used to the car.

The car really is a coherent package and feels tight and controllable at all times. I think you'll be impressed with the comfort and quality of the car. I also have been an Audi owner ... an A6 and two A4's ... and find the MB compares very well to Audi design and quality.

Congratulations on your order!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 AM

Congrats on your new C. I haven't purchased yet, but I hope I never duplicate my Audi experience. My A4 was the only lemon I ever owned and dealing with Audi USA was a nightmare.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by vols1
Congrats on your new C. I haven't purchased yet, but I hope I never duplicate my Audi experience. My A4 was the only lemon I ever owned and dealing with Audi USA was a nightmare.
I was very lucky with my Audi's. In a total of ten years of ownership, I had a leaking headlight washer on my A6, and one defective button on the steering wheel of one of my A4's. Other than that, it was just routine maintenance. I test drove a 2014 A4 recently, and found the steering too light and the handling a little loose. My last 2009 A4 felt tighter for some reason.

In any case, although my experience with the C300 is limited at this point, I do find it offers an excellent balance of handling, economy, and comfort.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:41 PM

Audi A5 1.8 TFSI Black Edition
Thanks guys,

I had absolutely no intentions to get rid of the A5 and wasn't even looking for a new car. By chance I called in at my local MB dealership with my Dad who was picking his car up after a service. When I saw the new C I was totally blown away - I'm sure you all know what I mean or you wouldn't be here! Anyway, I placed an order a few days later.

This is also the first automatic I'll have had which may take some getting used to - especially with the paddle shifts (although I'm not expecting to use these much once the novelty has worn off?).
Old 10-03-2014, 03:29 PM

BMW X3
Looking forward to seeing the pics.... almost identical spec to mine on order... although have to wait until March 2nd next year when my current lease car expires Getting my fix through the pictures posted on here (how bloody sad! )... So get those pics posted as soon as you can. Tempted to book another test drive just to feel the quality and drive.... as an X3 driver the feel and spec of the Merc knocks spots off it!...