C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2015 C300 4Matic - Loaner Car Review!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
2015 C300 4Matic - Loaner Car Review!

Hey guys and gals,
Got myself a new C300 4MATIC in Polar White with Black MB-Tex and Premium 1 Package with the 18" twin 5 spoke wheel choice when I had my '08 S550 serviced today. I have it for at least another couple of days! Although it didn't seem any larger than the older ones sitting on the lot, it definitely reminded me of my 2014 S550 on the inside! The navigation screen is a lot sharper, I love the vents, and the car feels as solid as the face lifted W204. However, here are some things I found interesting:
1) The touchpad is very responsive and works very well. Although I haven't used it to input addresses or phone numbers yet, I love the functionality and quick access to media. I love being able to move menu to menu without using the darn click wheel and wish I had waited for a 2015 S Class instead of getting my 2014! The touchpad is great!!
2) I had no idea the C300 had the Burmester as in my S550. However, I do have to say that with the same settings as in my S550, the C300 sound quality was definitely NOT up to par with what I expected. The sound is so crisp in my S Class, but sounded "noisy" in the C300 - almost as if there was extra background noise. However, I loved the look of the circular Burmester speakers on the door - as well as the chrome plated seat controls!
3) This thing is great in Sport +. Way sportier than my S550 (expected), but it accelerates pretty well too! The torque isn't there (the S550's feel like rocket ships), but it is very stable along bends and I don't rotate any more than I do in my S550 with Magic Body Control or even my '08 S550 with ABC. VERY NIMBLE! I also like the graphic display when I change the modes. Does anyone know what individual mode means?
4) I love the new extended front part of the seat in the W205. I hated how none of my other Mercs besides the S Classes had the adjustable seat length. Great addition, although don't know why the passenger seat doesn't have it as well?
5) The LED's don't seem as bright or high as in my '14 S550, even with the high beams. Maybe it's because they're not adaptive - they're just static? Also, at night time, the rear view camera lags by about a second when I'm reversing. It's not "real time" as in my other cars - it shows the image frame by frame, not as a continuously moving picture. Maybe it's a glitch?
6) The operator's manual has a lot more animations and videos than my 2014 S550! Neat!
7) All in all, this is a VERY comfortable car. It seems like a great daily driver and is very nimble, quick, and easily beats the CLA.

LOVE THIS CAR!!! I thing I might get a C300 to replace my SLK350 at lease end in January! Safe and happy travels!
Old 10-05-2014, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
Individual drive mode allows you to customize what you want, so you can have a sport steering but comfort transmission shifting instead of comfort everything and sport everything.

Also the burmester is part of the premium package and definitely is not in the same league as the one in the S class. The option burmester speakers on the S should say "High end" versus these standard speakers.

Great to hear that your dealer already has a 2015 C class loaner
Old 10-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Did you happen to notice if it remembers your individual setting preferences after restarting the car? I understand it always defaults back to 'comfort' mode each time.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Did you happen to notice if it remembers your individual setting preferences after restarting the car? I understand it always defaults back to 'comfort' mode each time.
If the car is shut off for more than 4 hours it defaults to C.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Thanks Stan, once you turn it back on and go to individual settings, does it remember your preferences on the individual setting?
Old 10-06-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400 loaded

2) I had no idea the C300 had the Burmester as in my S550. However, I do have to say that with the same settings as in my S550, the C300 sound quality was definitely NOT up to par with what I expected. The sound is so crisp in my S Class, but sounded "noisy" in the C300 - almost as if there was extra background noise. However, I loved the look of the circular Burmester speakers on the door - as well as the chrome plated seat controls!

Obviously the S is going to be the better one, and is more of a luxury car with a quieter interior, but all in all the Burmester is very good in the C

4) I love the new extended front part of the seat in the W205. I hated how none of my other Mercs besides the S Classes had the adjustable seat length. Great addition, although don't know why the passenger seat doesn't have it as well?

It is in the C400, and I believe a package has it in the C300

5) The LED's don't seem as bright or high as in my '14 S550, even with the high beams. Maybe it's because they're not adaptive - they're just static? Also, at night time, the rear view camera lags by about a second when I'm reversing. It's not "real time" as in my other cars - it shows the image frame by frame, not as a continuously moving picture. Maybe it's a glitch?

I have the adaptive headlights in the C400 and havent noticed it, but that may just be the basic ones in the C300 you are referring to
Old 10-06-2014, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Thanks Stan, once you turn it back on and go to individual settings, does it remember your preferences on the individual setting?
Yes, that stays in memory. Someone mentioned that it does revert to C as soon as the car is shut off. That's not what the manual says, but it may be the case.