C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

How do fleet discounts work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C 300
How do fleet discounts work?

I am a USAA member and their members currently qualify for a $2,000 "fleet" discount on the w205. How does this work? Do I fully negotiate with a dealer on price and then I tell them at the end that I have the fleet discount? Would I then pay $2,000 below what I negotiated with the dealer? Does the dealer get reimbursed the $2,000 from MB corporate?

Thanks in advance for the details.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Couple options. Easiest to find participating dealer...it will give you the current deals and manufacturer amounts for a fleet member, usually online, and additional dealer discounts if any. You submit your info thru fleet and dealer rep calls you. Maybe can squeak a little extra or add ons. Depends on how long the car you want has been on the lot. Second way, try to negotiate best offer and then inquire about fleet discount after.

The discount is subject to change. It applies to vehicles in stock. Not orders. They can't pre-apply discount when you order officially. It's a code they put in and is verified eligibility at delivery. That said , most dealers will say they will offer this on an spec order or trade from another dealers stock and apply whatever discount is there when the car is delivered to you. USAA or other may have additional stipulations, insure with them, financing, etc. your mileage may vary. I wouldn't bank on it until your at the closing table.

Last edited by floridadriver; 10-08-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 AM

2015 C 300
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Couple options. Easiest to find participating dealer...it will give you the current deals and manufacturer amounts for a fleet member, usually online, and additional dealer discounts if any. You submit your info thru fleet and dealer rep calls you. Maybe can squeak a little extra or add ons. Depends on how long the car you want has been on the lot. Second way, try to negotiate best offer and then inquire about fleet discount after.

The discount is subject to change. It applies to vehicles in stock. Not orders. They can't pre-apply discount when you order officially. It's a code they put in and is verified eligibility at delivery. That said , most dealers will say they will offer this on an spec order or trade from another dealers stock and apply whatever discount is there when the car is delivered to you. USAA or other may have additional stipulations, insure with them, financing, etc. your mileage may vary. I wouldn't bank on it until your at the closing table.
Thanks. So if I am understanding correctly, I'd get a much better deal negotiating before telling them about the fleet discount. That way I get $2,000 off of the best price I can negotiate vs. "squeak a little extra or add ons" if I tell them about it up front.

The other great thing about USAA is if you use their car buying service, you get a discounted loan rate on top of the fleet discount. Currently it's 0.89% and last month it was only 0.59%!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:11 AM

2015 C300 RWD
That's one of the two options. its in their right to say the deal you just negotiated is off the table, and offer you the "fleet deal". YMMV. if you do the lower apr it has fine print too, have to use certificate and the reduced apr shows in way of shorter duration of loan only.

Last edited by floridadriver; 10-09-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:18 AM

2015 C 300
Originally Posted by floridadriver
That's one of the two options. its in their right to say the deal you just negotiated is off the table, and offer you the "fleet deal". YMMV. if you do the lower apr it has fine print too, have to use certificate and the reduced apr shows in way of shorter duration of loan only.
The dealers don't eat any of the $2,000 fleet discount do they? Don't they get reimbursed by corporate? Why would they take the deal off the table and risk missing out on a sale if their profit margin is not impacted?

You're right on the shorter duration to get the best rate. I think it's for 36 months, but at that low rate I'll take it
Old 10-09-2014, 12:48 PM

2015 C300 RWD
In theory, not in experience. I've bought a couple with the usaa and other fleet discounts. Each dealer different. Per usaa, at participating dealers you get the price on certificate. Anything else, or if that number changes is gravy.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black C300
Hey Guyz, sorry to change the topic for my post. One question regarding the Fleet incentive.

Currently the MB Fleet website says $500 fleet discount. what fleet discount are you guyz referring to ? is the $2000 specific to USAA ONLY ? or Do I have to talk to the folks at MB Fleet services ? Does anyone know when the $500 discount change ?