C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

3-zone climate control?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer
3-zone climate control?

Hi all

I don't currently own a Mercedes C Class, but am seriously thinking that my next car would be the W205 C Class Estate (Wagon). I am UK based, so most likely to go for the "Sport" trim with C200 Petrol engine and 7-speed automatic gear box.

I am confused over the climate control system in the new C class and what is on offer. In the UK brochure and online configurator it lists "Automatic climate control – two zone". In the UK's online interactive owners manual it mentions 1-zone and 2-zone THERMATIC and 3-zone THERMATRONIC climate control : http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars/...er_07_39.shtml

I assume 2-zone means driver has one temperature control, front passenger has an independent temperature control different from the driver, and rear passenger presumably gets whatever the driver has.

My assumption would therefore conclude 3-zone adds additionally controls for the rear passengers which are different from the driver and front passenger.

I have seen pictures online of the C-class W205 rear air vents in the centre console. Some show just the two circular air vents only, others show temperature and fan speed switches beneath.

Question is what is standard on the vehicle, and if it is only the 2-zone, how do you get 3-zone control? I don't see it as an option in the UK configurator? I even checked the Germany online configurator (which has far more choices than the UK one), and did not see 3-zone there.

I hope someone can clarify this for me!

Thanks

Dave
Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
I think it is an typing error, the standard Thermotronic AC system is 2 zone as you mentioned, but then there is the optional 4 zone system where the rear passengers have fan and temp controls under the two rear vents.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer
Thanks for the response. Not sure how 4 zone would work as the rear controls I saw pictures of only had a single fan control and single temperature control for both rear passengers.

Also I have not seen options for more than 2-zone anywhere. Are these restricted to certain models and certain countries, or is this a feature only on preproduction vehicles that will see general availability in the near future, and is not currently available to spec?
Old 10-17-2014, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400 4matic W205
It is strange that the Canadian manual mentions the 3rd zone for the back but my car doesn't have a 3rd zone...Just the passive rear ducts and control ***