C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

500 miles on my C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by Jinzen
You're missing the point? If you're on budget - get a budget car. You must be really bad at keeping a budget.
That is what the C class, 3 series or A4 are, budget lease cars hence the better money factor and lease rates on those cars over toyota, VW and others. I guess it's you missing the point.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:50 PM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by e92miami
Yes that is what Ive been writing its a base car only options are backup cam and 18" wheels. And if you read the posts a lot of people are getting 6-7k off the C-class so I'm not the "negotiator of the year". And who puts money down on a lease. The point is to keep the money invested. I guess you're not big on reading things before you post either.

Maybe you aren't big on reading things...I asked how much was your payments and down? And as far as 6-7 on a base, far fetched to me because maybe if you read things, that is mainly on ones with options..Not the 42k version.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:37 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by frank69m
Maybe you aren't big on reading things...I asked how much was your payments and down? And as far as 6-7 on a base, far fetched to me because maybe if you read things, that is mainly on ones with options..Not the 42k version.
Maybe, or maybe not...
Old 10-23-2014, 11:33 PM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
That is what the C class, 3 series or A4 are, budget lease cars hence the better money factor and lease rates on those cars over toyota, VW and others. I guess it's you missing the point.
You can lease a 328 for around $200/mo now with something like $4k down which translates to just over $300/mo w/std drive offs. I just got two separate similar email adds claiming this and one from one of the worst places to buy cars: Braman in south Florida - apparently your area. Are you saying that you got a W205 for less than that?

Sure they are trying to stimulate some C-claass sales with discounts, but claiming $7k off on a base model is simply not credible.

Combine these two points any yep, you have entered troll territory. Not even a good one in fact.

Last edited by ddeliber; 10-23-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
Originally Posted by Sportstick
He may have been hyperbolic in his first post, but I'm not seeing "troll" here. If he came out of a 3 Series older than the current F30 platform, the change in feel will be palpable. He may be over-dramatizing it, but these cars have different dynamic objectives, neither better, but they are not intended to be similar and he may be noticing that now.
Right.

The C-class feels like it has a lot more body movements on quick changes of direction. It stays upright in long curves but the quick, small changes are very different between C class and 3 series. It's the price you pay for the comfort over small bumps in the road which you don't want to move your car's body either.

Always has, probably always will. Annoys me no end but that doesn't mean it is dangerous. I don't think this translate into a significant delay in the car actually changing direction and I am sure that you don't have loss of wheel contact.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:03 AM

2015 c400 4Matic
I came from an Audi A4 to the c400. While the Audi is not tuned to the degree of a 3 series, it has definitely been known as a more nimble car than the past Mercedes C class. I've driven and been a passenger in various BMWs (328, 335 535, 550, 650, 750) of different vintages and set-ups.

I agree that the 3 series is tighter and perhaps more "dialed in" than the c400, but in no way do I sense a large amount of body roll or overly-dramatic responses to turns, braking, etc. It definitely handles better than the A4, which should be expected given the next generation of technology and the stated intent of MB to produce a sportier sedan. But MB is probably first and foremost a luxury brand, so it's always going to compromise on road feel, stiffness and overall responsiveness.

In the end, it's subjective and while I disagree with OP, he can feel how he wants. The better idea is to test drive one for yourself.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,081 Likes on 711 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by WCBenzDrvr
I came from an Audi A4 to the c400. While the Audi is not tuned to the degree of a 3 series, it has definitely been known as a more nimble car than the past Mercedes C class. I've driven and been a passenger in various BMWs (328, 335 535, 550, 650, 750) of different vintages and set-ups.

I agree that the 3 series is tighter and perhaps more "dialed in" than the c400, but in no way do I sense a large amount of body roll or overly-dramatic responses to turns, braking, etc. It definitely handles better than the A4, which should be expected given the next generation of technology and the stated intent of MB to produce a sportier sedan. But MB is probably first and foremost a luxury brand, so it's always going to compromise on road feel, stiffness and overall responsiveness.

In the end, it's subjective and while I disagree with OP, he can feel how he wants. The better idea is to test drive one for yourself.

Agreed!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:46 AM

X253 GLC63S
We don't all drive the same so perhaps that's a big factor

I say get some H&Rs and some 19s and then see how it goes !
Old 10-26-2014, 09:53 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by ddeliber
You can lease a 328 for around $200/mo now with something like $4k down which translates to just over $300/mo w/std drive offs. I just got two separate similar email adds claiming this and one from one of the worst places to buy cars: Braman in south Florida - apparently your area. Are you saying that you got a W205 for less than that?

Sure they are trying to stimulate some C-claass sales with discounts, but claiming $7k off on a base model is simply not credible.

Combine these two points any yep, you have entered troll territory. Not even a good one in fact.
The sale price looking at my contract is 36,300 and that was much cheaper on a lease then any 328 And that is with loyelty incentives given. MB was the cheaper car for sure and I'm happy with the car except the handling. People on this board are overreacting and its kinda funny as if they want to put MB above BMW in all ways. Not the case guys sorry. That 200 a month you mention is a 320 and who is stupid enough to put money down on a lease.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:58 PM

The sale price looking at my contract is 36,300 and that was much cheaper on a lease then any 328 And that is with loyelty incentives given. MB was the cheaper car for sure and I'm happy with the car except the handling. People on this board are overreacting and its kinda funny as if they want to put MB above BMW in all ways. Not the case guys sorry. That 200 a month you mention is a 320 and who is stupid enough to put money down on a lease.
Nope, the 320 is $179/mo, and i never suggested putting money down, in fact I translated that $200/mo to just over $300/mo with normal drive offs (fisrt mo, dealer and acq fees) for you. If you don't believe me, just go to Braman's web site and click on specials. The ads are pretty large. And that is just one dealer, I am guessing it would take something like 10 min to find a few more.

back to my first question, are you saying that you got a w205 for less than that?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:18 AM

Audi S4
Have you guys noticed that e92miami has avoided the question on how much he put down and paid. He keeps saying "who puts money down"...He doesn't really answer the questions. He's an obvious poser and troll.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:46 PM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by frank69m
Have you guys noticed that e92miami has avoided the question on how much he put down and paid. He keeps saying "who puts money down"...He doesn't really answer the questions. He's an obvious poser and troll.
I have posted how much I paid for the car and I put nothing down just taxes and 1st month. If you had read the posts you would have known this.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:57 PM

2015 C300
Nope, the 320 is $179/mo, and i never suggested putting money down, in fact I translated that $200/mo to just over $300/mo with normal drive offs (fisrt mo, dealer and acq fees) for you. If you don't believe me, just go to Braman's web site and click on specials. The ads are pretty large. And that is just one dealer, I am guessing it would take something like 10 min to find a few more.

back to my first question, are you saying that you got a w205 for less than that?
Yes I am, try going to the dealer with that add...have fun with that. BMW has always given me good deals in the past but nothing over 4-5k off the car. This C300 was same sticker price +- $200 but they gave me a much higher discount. I gave my salesman at BMW the last phone call to see if he could match MB but he was off $30 a month saying it would be worth it staying with BMW because of the maintenance but if you compare the standard features the C00 gave over the 328 it was a no brainier. I even tried getting the much cheaper CLA and the monthly payments were more. Looking back I'm glad I didn't, the plastics on that car are horrible.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 AM

2015 C300
I just read this interesting article: https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...014958293.html The good news is that the C-Class won Yahoo's 2015 luxury car of the year. But he thought the same as I did but of course he had to sugar coat it. So for those name callers on this board...you know what you can do.

"If the C300 — $51,595 as tested — has a weak point, it’s a lack of overall driver engagement compared to the more focused entries in the segment, such as the BMW 3-Series and the Cadillac ATS. “The power was fine, but the ride and handling were isolated from reality,” said Hyde, with Sugawara adding that the C-Class “isn’t a car you’d relish flogging in mountain roads.” Indeed, there is a slightly artificial feel to the steering and handling, and the omnipresent safety tech features always seem to be holding a ruler over the knuckles of a driver that doesn’t obey every rule. On the other hand, as a luxury car, the C-Class’ creamy ride and autobahn-worthy high-speed stability deserve high praise."
Old 11-04-2014, 10:35 AM

I just read this interesting article: https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...014958293.html The good news is that the C-Class won Yahoo's 2015 luxury car of the year. But he thought the same as I did but of course he had to sugar coat it. So for those name callers on this board...you know what you can do.

"If the C300 — $51,595 as tested — has a weak point, it’s a lack of overall driver engagement compared to the more focused entries in the segment, such as the BMW 3-Series and the Cadillac ATS. “The power was fine, but the ride and handling were isolated from reality,” said Hyde, with Sugawara adding that the C-Class “isn’t a car you’d relish flogging in mountain roads.” Indeed, there is a slightly artificial feel to the steering and handling, and the omnipresent safety tech features always seem to be holding a ruler over the knuckles of a driver that doesn’t obey every rule. On the other hand, as a luxury car, the C-Class’ creamy ride and autobahn-worthy high-speed stability deserve high praise."
Less engaging than a BMW in no language translates to "death trap" no matter what type of sugar coating you use.

You bought a base model C300, It ain't going to handle like one with the sport package, I think everyone on the planet but you understands this. The exact same things have been said for a base model 3-series, repeatedly. In addition, per your own reference it won the damn award. Would you say that the writer of your quoted article would do so on a car that was a death trap?

From this, and the stuff below, I'm sticking with the name calling as it is fits.

Yes I am, try going to the dealer with that add...have fun with that. BMW has always given me good deals in the past but nothing over 4-5k off the car. This C300 was same sticker price +- $200 but they gave me a much higher discount. I gave my salesman at BMW the last phone call to see if he could match MB but he was off $30 a month saying it would be worth it staying with BMW because of the maintenance but if you compare the standard features the C00 gave over the 328 it was a no brainier. I even tried getting the much cheaper CLA and the monthly payments were more. Looking back I'm glad I didn't, the plastics on that car are horrible.
A friend of the family in S FL needs a car so I am planning on giving them a call. I will gladly report back on what they quote, even though the offer expired on Friday.

I have posted how much I paid for the car and I put nothing down just taxes and 1st month. If you had read the posts you would have known this.
You also said that your lease payments are less for your C300 than those of a BMW 3 series. I don't believe your quoted discount, and I surely don't believe your payment claim either However, you haven't posted your monthly payment which is what people were referring to.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:09 AM

2015 C300
Less engaging than a BMW in no language translates to "death trap" no matter what type of sugar coating you use.

You bought a base model C300, It ain't going to handle like one with the sport package, I think everyone on the planet but you understands this. The exact same things have been said for a base model 3-series, repeatedly. In addition, per your own reference it won the damn award. Would you say that the writer of your quoted article would do so on a car that was a death trap?

From this, and the stuff below, I'm sticking with the name calling as it is fits.

A friend of the family in S FL needs a car so I am planning on giving them a call. I will gladly report back on what they quote, even though the offer expired on Friday.

You also said that your lease payments are less for your C300 than those of a BMW 3 series. I don't believe your quoted discount, and I surely don't believe your payment claim either However, you haven't posted your monthly payment which is what people were referring to.

Ah yes back to that, the lease payment were $30+ less on the MB then on the BMW same sticker price of 42k. MB was giving a much higher discount for sure, that said Pompano MB didn't budge but he said he didn't have many C class's and was trying to get me in a CLA but Ft Lauderdale MB did everything they could so I wouldn't walk out that door without a signature. I really was on my way to the BMW dealer to sign another 328i but I said lets get more options for less money (dealing with the maintenance after of course). I don't give a crap if you don't believe me and why the hell would I just want to argue that? Also I know I didn't get the sport package but still I never thought it would feel so disconnected. As I said before the car is great aside from this aspect of it, hence it won this award from yahoo "if that means anything". I just drive much more on the defense then I did before and I'm not taking fun curves fast any longer. In 3 years when I'm done with my finance issues I will go back to BMW. Nothing against MB and I may get another when I'm in my late 60's.