C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Just went down for the recalls ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Just went down for the recalls ...

I never got a notice for either the steering or tire recall, but brought the car in because those recalls were listed for my car on the Mercedes web site.

Steering checked out fine, but both my front Continental ContiSport tires will have to be replaced. When I got home, a recall notice from Continental was in the mail, and gave a range of the tires in the 225/45x18 size that were considered unsafe. (All US W205's made through October with those front tires are affected.) The tread can distort as the tire warms, causing unstable behavior. My dealer ordered two new tires and will have them in this week.

My steering wheel was also slightly off center ... about 2 degrees to the left. Sure enough, the alignment was off and the dealer did a realignment.

My only other complaint was a poorly fitted fuel filler door. That could not be adjusted, but the dealer ordered a new door and arm assembly and will replace the whole unit.

Fuel mileage going down, mostly highway and not all level, was 32.0. Coming back, with some mixed driving and even more inclines, was 29.4 when I pulled into my driveway. Most highway driving I had the cruise set at 77 mph in a posted 70. Average speed for 4 hours of driving was 59 mph with the non-highway driving thrown in.

Pretty impressive little car.