C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

My Diamond white C Class.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C Class
My Diamond white C Class.

Hi

I thought I would post a picture of my c class.

I have driven 6000 Miles in this car so if you have any questions I will try and answer them.

Its UK spec C250 fully loaded except 360 camera and I think air-cooled seats. Both were not available at the time of order.

Some negative's:
Air-balance package, is not that noticeable on max (the smell of the perfume).
Airmatic on 19's is rougher on poor quality roads then expected.
Wind noise from pillar on motorway seems high, but music dose drown it out.
The diesel can be a bit noisy when still.
The Burmester sound system is not really that basey, also if pushed high with some base heavy tracks it can cause vibrations/distortion on the passenger side.
I have hardly used the touchpad seems slower and unpractical when driving.

Some Positive's
Kicking your foot under the boot to make it open is surprisingly handy.
Fuel economy is better then expected.
The intelligent light system is the best I have used in this class of car.
It looks great inside and out, and seems solidly built.
Distronic plus + lane assists is great. The range of safety features on the car make it easier to drive ( after you get used to trusting them)
C250 has enough power for normal driving and is solid at motorway speeds.
The HUD is great, navigation on the HUD is excellent.
Ability to raise you car when forced onto a curb is handy.

Overall its is a great car.
Attached Thumbnails My Diamond white C Class.-1.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
That's a beautiful color and package. Nice mini writeup
Old 11-15-2014, 03:48 PM

Acura TL & C-Class
Love the blue 'eyebrows', we don't get them here in Canada. Also, are your door handles 'shining' due to light from under the side mirror, or do you actually have LEDs on the door handles?
Old 11-15-2014, 06:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Originally Posted by rogerfrancis14
Love the blue 'eyebrows', we don't get them here in Canada. Also, are your door handles 'shining' due to light from under the side mirror, or do you actually have LEDs on the door handles?
The LEDs in the door handles and under the side view mirrors are standard on all W205s. There is a tinge of blue on all his white LEDs so his eyebrows might be blue or just a photographic artifact.

But the Europeans do get Blue to White Eyebrow Day time running eyebrows
Old 11-15-2014, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
me like the LEDs under the door handles.

as for the air balance, it is not meant for you to actually smell a strong odor as they do not want it to stain your clothes or the car. It is meant to be very subtle
Old 11-16-2014, 06:03 AM

W205 C300 Hybrid AMG Line
Originally Posted by blueapplepie2
Hi

I thought I would post a picture of my c class.

I have driven 6000 Miles in this car so if you have any questions I will try and answer them.

Its UK spec C250 fully loaded except 360 camera and I think air-cooled seats. Both were not available at the time of order.

Some negative's:
Air-balance package, is not that noticeable on max (the smell of the perfume).
Airmatic on 19's is rougher on poor quality roads then expected.
Wind noise from pillar on motorway seems high, but music dose drown it out.
The diesel can be a bit noisy when still.
The Burmester sound system is not really that basey, also if pushed high with some base heavy tracks it can cause vibrations/distortion on the passenger side.
I have hardly used the touchpad seems slower and unpractical when driving.

Some Positive's
Kicking your foot under the boot to make it open is surprisingly handy.
Fuel economy is better then expected.
The intelligent light system is the best I have used in this class of car.
It looks great inside and out, and seems solidly built.
Distronic plus + lane assists is great. The range of safety features on the car make it easier to drive ( after you get used to trusting them)
C250 has enough power for normal driving and is solid at motorway speeds.
The HUD is great, navigation on the HUD is excellent.
Ability to raise you car when forced onto a curb is handy.

Overall its is a great car.
Looks great and thanks for the review. Is there any chance of a few more pics in daylight etc? I'm going to change my Obsidian Black order to white but can't decide whether to go for Polar White or Diamond white. My understanding is diamond white is a more creamy colour whereas polar is 'pure' white? Thanks!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:27 AM

W205 C Class
Originally Posted by MB205
Looks great and thanks for the review. Is there any chance of a few more pics in daylight etc? I'm going to change my Obsidian Black order to white but can't decide whether to go for Polar White or Diamond white. My understanding is diamond white is a more creamy colour whereas polar is 'pure' white? Thanks!
Thanks. I will get some more pictures up tomorrow as it raining outside now.

If you want a solid paint colour that does not change depending on the light, then Polar white would be for you.

Where as Diamond white changes colour depending on the light. For example its a bit gloomy outside but there is plenty of light, which makes the car look polar white. But in the pic above it looks more creamy but that is some what down to the light at the car park.

I prefer diamond white just because polar white in the UK will be quite common, and at night time diamond white really looks its best IMO.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:30 AM

W205 C Class
Originally Posted by joshg1001
me like the LEDs under the door handles.

as for the air balance, it is not meant for you to actually smell a strong odor as they do not want it to stain your clothes or the car. It is meant to be very subtle

Yeah I figured as much, but there is 3 settings and I would have liked it to have more strength on max, as its very hard to spot the difference with it on 1 or 3.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:34 AM

W205 C Class

The lights go from blue to white when the car is unlocked.

Yes it does have LEDs on the door handles you can set the time they stay on for in the command car settings area.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S205 C200 Sport
Originally Posted by MB205
I had the exact same dilemma. Just finalised an order with polar white - really couldn't justify £850 for such a minor difference in colour. Pearlescent (aka Designo) paint is also a PITA if you need touch ups or resprays which I know for a fact from my current car. Needs separate 3 coats.

Flat white doesn't affect residuals like it once did. This was reflected in the PCP GFV.

See below a picture I got at MB World Brooklands a couple of weeks back - Diamond on left, Polar on right. They're obviously not W205s but same paint codes.
Attached Thumbnails My Diamond white C Class.-img_3915.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 04:08 PM

Acura TL & C-Class
Originally Posted by Leslielp
The LEDs in the door handles and under the side view mirrors are standard on all W205s. There is a tinge of blue on all his white LEDs so his eyebrows might be blue or just a photographic artifact.

I'm not too sure if that is true. The guy who owns the car in this video :
(check out after the 30s mark)

or this one below:

(watch out for the music ...language)

doesn't have lights on his door handle. (They live in Europe though). I do have the same car as you on order so things are looking good so far. I got the MP1&2, MSP and full LED headlight package. I didn't however get the AMG Interior Leather, AIRMatic, Burmester and Hands Free Trunk. Although I don't think they have anything to do with the outside lights

Last edited by rogerfrancis14; 11-16-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 PM

2015 C400 loaded
For me I had issues with the fragrance at first, could barely smell anything. Take it out, press the metal down so it pushes down and then reseat it, now it works great. Thinking maybe it was stuck originally for some reason
Old 11-17-2014, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,104 Likes on 728 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
I'm not too sure if that is true. The guy who owns the car in this video :
Mercedes C200 C-Class 2014 2015 LED lights night interior presentation 1 - YouTube
(check out after the 30s mark)

or this one below:

2015 Mercedes-Benz New C-class Driving POV Review GoPro Hero 3 - YouTube
(watch out for the music ...language)

doesn't have lights on his door handle. (They live in Europe though). I do have the same car as you on order so things are looking good so far. I got the MP1&2, MSP and full LED headlight package. I didn't however get the AMG Interior Leather, AIRMatic, Burmester and Hands Free Trunk. Although I don't think they have anything to do with the outside lights
Car doesn't have Burmester nor console leds either. Remember the lighting package adds even more "pimp" lights.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:14 PM

Acura TL & C-Class
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Car doesn't have Burmester nor console leds either. Remember the lighting package adds even more "pimp" lights.
I believe you're referring to the second video i posted. But the first guy(first video) seems to have the ambient interior lighting package (along with the console lights), and he doesn't have the door handle leds. I guess I'll know when I go in to pick the car up within the next two weeks. In the meanwhile could someone with a C300 maybe show a video of the door handle setting? much appreciated!!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:39 PM

W205 C300 Hybrid AMG Line
Thanks. I will get some more pictures up tomorrow as it raining outside now.

If you want a solid paint colour that does not change depending on the light, then Polar white would be for you.

Where as Diamond white changes colour depending on the light. For example its a bit gloomy outside but there is plenty of light, which makes the car look polar white. But in the pic above it looks more creamy but that is some what down to the light at the car park.

I prefer diamond white just because polar white in the UK will be quite common, and at night time diamond white really looks its best IMO.
Thanks, yeah I'd appreciate that. Still not 100% but I've changed my order to diamond white in the mean time, dealer says I've got a few weeks left to make further changes should I want too. Some pics I see make it look really too 'creamy' which puts me off then others look great which doesn't help! I'd like to see one in person ideally but there are so few about!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C 180 AMG Sportline W205
The Light in door handles are only for cars with the full keyless go option.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:39 AM

2014 C250 (W205)
Originally Posted by Leslielp

In Australian spec the eyebrows light up the colour of your interior LED lighting (blue, orange or white) and then change to standard white after about 5 seconds. There are LED lights under the mirrors and in each of the 4 door handles.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S205
Originally Posted by megaoctane
The Light in door handles are only for cars with the full keyless go option.
Correct!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:27 AM

Acura TL & C-Class
Originally Posted by Eilers
Correct!

Oh I see. Thanks megaoctane and Eilers.

So that should mean that my car has it!! Since our 'MP2' package in Canada includes Keyless Go.
Btw, that a great looking colour Eilers
Old 11-20-2014, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S205
Here is same colour in Sport and Luxury Version

Old 12-08-2014, 05:13 PM

W205 C Class
hi

I have not had time to post get some picture's up due to work.

I have added a rear spoiler in black, ( the Mercedes spoiler).

The car needed some work doing because it had some kind of rattle from the speakers on the passenger side so Mercedes has had the car for a while.

Anyway it turns out my mate has got exactly the same c class as me going from the exterior and a guy a couple of streets from me has also got the same as me, exterior wise at least.

When I bought the pervious c class in 2008 it was a metallic blue? And even now I will not see many if any In that colour.

Diamond white + red interior is going to be pretty common imo, so I have decided to do some mods while the car is off the road.

The spoiler is painted gloss black I think ( told them to match the panoramic roof ) and it gives the rear a new look, more aggressive.

Basically I wanted to see what the opinions are for the following "mods"

I want to do something with the wheels without changing the actual wheel.

so 19" amg multi spoke wheels in black with a red strip around the edge like the edition 1 amg or in black with a chrome strip or gunmetal grey.

Get the brake callipers painted red?
Get the mirrors wrapped black?
Get the front chrome lip wrapped black?
Get the door handles wrapped black, either just the chrome section on the handle or the full handle?
Get the chrome around the windows wrapped black?

Do something with grill?

Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Get the front chrome lip wrapped black?
Get the door handles wrapped black, either just the chrome section on the handle or the full handle?
Get the chrome around the windows wrapped black?

Do something with grill?

Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I'm having similar thoughts but was also contemplating wrapping the rear diffusor. I don't want to black out the car but I also think there's too much chrome on the car as it is...decisions, decisions.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:31 PM

X253 GLC63S
I have exactly the same Diamond White with AMG package.
IMO:
Not an edition1 so may detract from the whole black white look
red calipers are prob ok given the size of the calipers but still adds colour
I dont mind the wrap options except not full handles, just chrome. perhaps consider the diffuser in black? I havent decided yet.

Post some pics if you do!!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:00 PM

CLA45
nice car
Old 09-11-2015, 03:13 PM

W205 C class
I had some work done to the car a few months ago, thought I would share the pics.

de-chromed the car, had the callipers painted, got Mercedes to fit a spoiler and had some bits vinyl wrapped also had the alloys painted black.
Attached Thumbnails My Diamond white C Class.-1.jpg   My Diamond white C Class.-2.jpg   My Diamond white C Class.-3.jpg   My Diamond white C Class.-4.jpg   My Diamond white C Class.-5.jpg  

My Diamond white C Class.-6.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Diamond white C Class.