C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Another new UK W205!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 AMG Prem +
Another new UK W205!!!

Took delivery of my Palladium Silver C250 AMG W205 last Thursday
Ordered Early September and made in Germany apparently so hence short delivery
Spec:

Premium Plus Pack
Driver Assistance Pack
19 Inch Wheels
Black Ash Trim
Black Leather

Replaced a Jaguar XF 2.2 which, to be honest, I never really bonded with due to a lot of early reliability issues and the fact I was never wholly comfortable with the image of the "Jag". Obvious replacement was the E Class but the W205 interior clinched it against the now dated (IMHO) E Class.

Anyway early signs with the W205 are good. Build quality seems very good and overall I am happy with the spec/colour/wheels. Probably if the availability had been better Airmatic would have replaced the Leather but I couldn't wait till Q1 2015 due to needing to return the XF and avoiding some big maintenance bills.

Driver Assistance is interesting : Distrionic Plus and Blind spot assist are great tools particularly on long motorway commutes. Lane assist is a waste of money - it rarely goes off and you can hardly feel the steering vibration. Suspect the spacing of some road markings causes the lack of response.

I like the overall drive and the 19"s are fine until you hit a significant pot hole. I have driven a few M Sport BM's before the Jag so hard rides were the order of the day. The W205 is much better than any of those.

Initial picture below and can post a few more once cleaned at the weekend
Old 11-24-2014, 02:09 PM

S205
Looks good. The 19's really suit it. I best Palladium really looks good in the metal too.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
You can see where it's built from the drivers door sticker.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 726 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by mightywhites
Took delivery of my Palladium Silver C250 AMG W205 last Thursday
Ordered Early September and made in Germany apparently so hence short delivery
Spec:

Premium Plus Pack
Driver Assistance Pack
19 Inch Wheels
Black Ash Trim
Black Leather

Replaced a Jaguar XF 2.2 which, to be honest, I never really bonded with due to a lot of early reliability issues and the fact I was never wholly comfortable with the image of the "Jag". Obvious replacement was the E Class but the W205 interior clinched it against the now dated (IMHO) E Class.

Anyway early signs with the W205 are good. Build quality seems very good and overall I am happy with the spec/colour/wheels. Probably if the availability had been better Airmatic would have replaced the Leather but I couldn't wait till Q1 2015 due to needing to return the XF and avoiding some big maintenance bills.

Driver Assistance is interesting : Distrionic Plus and Blind spot assist are great tools particularly on long motorway commutes. Lane assist is a waste of money - it rarely goes off and you can hardly feel the steering vibration. Suspect the spacing of some road markings causes the lack of response.

I like the overall drive and the 19"s are fine until you hit a significant pot hole. I have driven a few M Sport BM's before the Jag so hard rides were the order of the day. The W205 is much better than any of those.

Initial picture below and can post a few more once cleaned at the weekend
Dude that's my car!!!!! Love it. You'll get to love the lane assist with time. Its particularly good at night on well stripped roadways. On long boring drives it makes those drives a more relaxed experience. On my Acura MDX (I know they don't have them in the UK) at first it seemed more like a gimmick than an aid, once you get acquainted with the system you'll treasure it on long boring drives.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:43 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Very nice, I can relate to your comments regarding the comfort of the ride, I can't believe how much better it is than the m sport BMW I also had on 19" run fiats, I actually winced when hitting some potholes in that thinking some damage must have been done but now travel the same roads and although you can still feel them it's completely different.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:36 PM

C250 AMG Prem +
I agree
I would be really interested to try Airmatic and would have ticked the box if the delivery had been sensible BUT the standard 19 " set up is more than adequate
Overall pleased with the drive/ technology / build(Germany) and enjoying the Sport + mode !!