C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C250 Bluetec owners - what MPG are you getting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 AMG Prem +
C250 Bluetec owners - what MPG are you getting?

My C250 AMG Bluetec has just gone over 1k miles and in a mix of busy motorway/A road driving I am seeing an MPG of 39.7

I tend to leave it in Comfort mode 95% of time however yesterday on a journey of about 75 miles I put it into Eco mode and drove at "normal" UK motorway speeds. Trip reading suggests I was getting around 42 MPG

I know its still new but I had expected a little better than this - what kind of numbers are others seeing?

(Really enjoying the drive overall and not missing my previous Jag XF in any way!!)
Old 12-16-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Is that Trip Computer figures, or Calculated? (Just that Trip tends to exaggerate, a little)

Either way, you WILL see an improvement, as the Diesel loosens up, they normally take 3-5,000 to start to improve, then get better, linearly across the next 5k, or so.

Guys in Audi's report 10-15% improvements, which would put you in the 44-48 mpg range - pretty much what I would expect, in the "real world".
Old 12-16-2014, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
My experience with the computer on my C300 has been that it is surprisingly accurate. I have never owned any car that was not 5-10% optimistic with its on board calculations ... until this car.

I've now had a chance to do manual numbers on four tanks and each time the variance has been less than 1 mpg, typically only tenths of a gallon. Others have reported the same thing, so I'm not alone on this observation.

I don't know how they're getting such accurate figures, but they apparently are.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:46 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by StanNH
My experience with the computer on my C300 has been that it is surprisingly accurate. I have never owned any car that was not 5-10% optimistic with its on board calculations ... until this car.

I've now had a chance to do manual numbers on four tanks and each time the variance has been less than 1 mpg, typically only tenths of a gallon. Others have reported the same thing, so I'm not alone on this observation.

I don't know how they're getting such accurate figures, but they apparently are.
Probably a combination of improved sensor technology for more accurate readings and avoiding any government negative attention for fudging mileage numbers like other car makers have received recently with both Hyundai and Ford paying massive fines for being overly optimistic (lying) about their MPG rating.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM

C250 AMG Prem +
Agree with StanNH, I've just done a brim to brim test and can confirm that the figures on the trip computer are actually very accurate.
When I have done similar tests on previous cars the trip was usually very optimistic by 10%+

Will check again over next few thousand miles and hopefully things will improve
Old 12-17-2014, 07:13 PM

W205 C250 Bluetec Sport
My C250 Bluetec (17" Sport wheels) has covered about 2,100 miles in the three weeks I've had it with majority being motorway and dual carriageway. My trip computer shows 49.2 from the start and most journeys are low 50's at the moment.

Pleasantly surprised by the figures (OBC vs actual measuring through tank litres aside) and I'm expecting them to improve when more run in and the weather warms up a bit.

Local runs (town driving and country roads) tend to throw back mid 40's at the moment but I'm just exploring the sport + mode a bit more so that may change.

Best I've had on a full 65 mile run into the office was 62mpg on a steady early morning run.

Best I've had over 20 miles on the A419 when helping my little one to sleep was 74.5mpg but that was just about keeping pace with the lorries haha.

Hope yours picks up soon.