C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

No traffic info on COMAND online navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:56 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
Originally Posted by cidtek
Is there a reason this thread seems to be UK centric?

I'm in Canada and have never seen traffic on my Comand nav.
I guess because all the posters in this thread are UK based, and here there are two types of traffic info you can get. The first is free radio based broadcasts (TMC) that anyone can pickup and use if their sat nav supports it. This is a standard feature on UK 205s.

The second is part of the optional Comand Online pack which costs a substantial amount of money, and gives live internet based traffic info from TomTom which is much more accurate. A lot of us in the thread bought that option specifically for then traffic info. So we're a bit miffed when it fails. The actual TomTom service is fine. I've been using my TomTom GoLive10005in the car since mine failed and it's worked every day with accurate info. Also made me realise how poor the Nav is in the Merc, so I think I'll just carry on using it.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
I think the Canadian equivalent for Comand Online is MBrace, which we are still waiting for MB to work out a carrier deal in order to enable the Sim in the car.

Is anyone in Canada having any luck with traffic yet? Maybe when using your phone's data via tethering?
Old 02-28-2015, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C Class Saloon C250 Diesel AMG Line RWD, Nissan GTR
Originally Posted by Merlin1
In UK where on screen does it say "traffic" manual says top right of screen but mine says "traffic" bottom left where the manual says it would show TMC.
'Traffic' is displayed towards the bottom left on mine.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:02 AM

2015 Mercedes C400
well, talking about that... I don't ever remember seeing traffic in navigation on my car! and it's only about a month now! should get that checked out!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:04 AM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
Interesting. I've just looked at the mercedes.me app on my phone and it's saying data was last updated 18 days ago. The odometer it's saying is 1000 miles and the car has done nearly 2000 now. So this suggests the comms module in my car has failed completely, taking out not just traffic updates, but all comms back to Mercedes.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by merC400
well, talking about that... I don't ever remember seeing traffic in navigation on my car! and it's only about a month now! should get that checked out!
You need to get the dealer to enable the services (if you've got Comand Online in the Prem Plus pack).

Go to https://me.secure.mercedes-benz.com/ and create an account. Then go to your dealer with the account info and the VIN/reg of the car and they'll put in in their system and link it all up.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:14 AM

C220 sport with prem plus
Ben
But mines a June 14 build so am I correct in saying the mecedes me modual is not fitted in my car
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 AM

Ah, you might be right. I think they started fitting them as standard in the estates and saloons this year.

And it just get's better for me. The car was raided last night and the TomTom nicked! I suspect I left it unlocked, thanks to the stupid touch-sensitive keyless locks.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:55 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Well the car went in today, had the recall done but the other 3 items:

Door handle LEDS
Live traffic
Connect me account

All still not sorted,
LEDS - need to order parts
Live traffic - I must have misheard the service rep as I thought he had said everything had been checked and turned on, however on the way home it became apparent it wasn't working so I now assume he said/meant the garage guys had checked it and everything that was meant to be set was set correctly - I know this but it's not working!!!
Connect me - couldn't do it as you need a computer with Google chrome and none in the dealer have??!?!?!

Not a great strike rate 1/4
Old 03-02-2015, 10:37 PM

C220 AMG Line
Had a call last week from MB Mercedes Me! Enquiring about my comms. fault. Explained I was still waiting for my dealer to come back with an update. Contacted dealer again it seems they have sent all the car's info to Germany and are awaiting a response on the fix. Still waiting! Ive was given a DD number for Mercedes Me and will give them a call this week to progress. To date Ive had 3 calls from them enquiring about this fault.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:40 AM

C250 AMG Prem +
Mines in the Dealer this week for the door handle LED lights replacing (2 failed) and also to try to sort the Comm module as have never had Live Traffic since the system was initiated. The Mercedes Me portal gave up updating 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:16 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by Engr Steve
Had a call last week from MB Mercedes Me! Enquiring about my comms. fault. Explained I was still waiting for my dealer to come back with an update. Contacted dealer again it seems they have sent all the car's info to Germany and are awaiting a response on the fix. Still waiting! Ive was given a DD number for Mercedes Me and will give them a call this week to progress. To date Ive had 3 calls from them enquiring about this fault.
I don't think my dealer really knows what the mercedes me thing is.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:06 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by barnsleyshaun
Well the car went in today, had the recall done but the other 3 items:

Door handle LEDS
Live traffic
Connect me account

All still not sorted,
LEDS - need to order parts
Live traffic - I must have misheard the service rep as I thought he had said everything had been checked and turned on, however on the way home it became apparent it wasn't working so I now assume he said/meant the garage guys had checked it and everything that was meant to be set was set correctly - I know this but it's not working!!!
Connect me - couldn't do it as you need a computer with Google chrome and none in the dealer have??!?!?!

Not a great strike rate 1/4
......forgot to mention, They left me a nice mercedes umbrella on the backseat though as a gift. 😊
Old 03-05-2015, 08:45 AM

C250 AMG Prem +
Got mine back from Dealer today after they added all available updates that could affect COM module/Live traffic etc. Service guy told me that although Live Traffic is working now they fully expect it will fail again in near future. MB are aware of the issue and are working on an update to solve the problem.

Not ideal but at least they have recognised the issue.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
No problem with my Traffic, don't have mecedes me so maybe probs are Mercedes me related.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:32 AM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by Merlin1
No problem with my Traffic, don't have mecedes me so maybe probs are Mercedes me related.
Merlin is yours a MY2014 build? just wondering if the live traffic is not dealt with through the COM module on yours as there supposedly isn't one in MY2014 builds?

Mine is MY2015 and I think perhaps the other people no here who are having problems cars are? perhaps the live traffic is sent differently on the two model year builds? ie through the COM module.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Merlin is yours a MY2014 build? just wondering if the live traffic is not dealt with through the COM module on yours as there supposedly isn't one in MY2014 builds?

Mine is MY2015 and I think perhaps the other people no here who are having problems cars are? perhaps the live traffic is sent differently on the two model year builds? ie through the COM module.
2014 build August delivery
Old 03-05-2015, 03:01 PM

Mine was built Jan 2015. It goes into Mercedes tomorrow to have the traffic issue (plus keyless entry that doesn't, steering wheel vibration, and a driver's seat that isn't level) looked at.

If they expect live traffic to fail, then I'm going to start expecting a refund for Comand Online, given it's not 'Online'.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by cidtek
Is there a reason this thread seems to be UK centric?

I'm in Canada and have never seen traffic on my Comand nav.
Citdek... I am fro Canada too... indeed we should get traffic from Sirius... for me it was working on and off for approx 2-3 months and since then no more traffic... I am not sure what's going on or if this has something to do with the trial Sirius XM (the sat radio trial is still working though)
Old 03-06-2015, 05:40 PM

Got the car back from Mercedes tonight. All car software updated, communications all reset. All working fine now although I got the impression from them that they'd seen it all before. They also said the software update would make the keyless door locks more reliable and even improve the fuel economy.

We'll see.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:19 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Mine went back in last Friday but they said they couldn't fix the live traffic as they are waiting for a new disc?? With a software update on, that isn't landing with them until 23rd March, so it's booked back in again for then............when they are also having a third go at doing the LED handles as two of the three that were delivered were for the E class. I didn't dare ask about the connect me!!😊
Old 03-16-2015, 04:25 PM

C220 AMG Line
My car went in last Thursday to put the comms fault right... they didnt. Despite having the comms unit there ready to fit it seems MB instructed them not to fit it as a new software patch was due out next week (this week). The car was returned and I await the call!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:07 PM

C220 AMG Line Prem+
Originally Posted by Engr Steve
My car went in last Thursday to put the comms fault right... they didnt. Despite having the comms unit there ready to fit it seems MB instructed them not to fit it as a new software patch was due out next week (this week). The car was returned and I await the call!
At least the two stories tally, are they thinking you won't need a new coms unit then, and the software update will sort it?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:59 AM

S205 C250 Sport prem+ Airmatic / E220 CDI Coupe / Lexus RX400h
I've got the same problem / problems.

Live Traffic stopped working about 1 month ago. Took it into the dealer last week who tried various options without success.

Arranged to go into the dealer yesterday (21st March) for the SatNav software to be updated. When I got there the service manager said they'd had notification about the problem from Mercedes Germany with a couple of temporary fixes to try plus the latest software.

Left the car with them and they rang me back 3 hours later to say that they'd bricked the whole entertainment system. The update failed and locked the whole system, so no on-screen display, not even for heating. The dealer has to wait until Monday to get a security code from Mercedes to unlock the system before they can try again! Left me with an A180 for the weekend!

I've had 2x door LEDs replaced, again apparently a common problem.

I asked the sales guy a week after taking delivery of the car in December to set me up with Command Me but not heard a thing since. To be honest I'd forgotten about it, so I'll remind them on Monday, thanks for reminding me about this.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:17 PM

2014 C Class Saloon C250 Diesel AMG Line RWD, Nissan GTR
Thanks for posting. My traffic stopped working on Tuesday last week for third time. I have had the communication module changed and a software update previously. Still having problems obviously. Not sure it is the car or something central. Pretty useless I'm afraid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: No traffic info on COMAND online navigation