C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

No traffic info on COMAND online navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 break
Smile COMAND Traffic option - Solved

Dear All,
After some months of suffering with the Traffic option and a quite intense communication with the Belgian Mercedes dealer, the problem was solved last week.
Mercedes made some nice efforts. My car was in the repair shop for 3 days for tests and updates. In the meantime I could use a brand new CLA, Not bad ;-)
The problem itself. The problem is pure software related. Due to the new COMAND Traffic signal capturing the option was not working properly, specially in Belgium. Actually a beta software version is installed. This software is 'looking differently' to the TX of the Traffic info.
So far so good, it's working OK ! Only in the coastal zone of Belgium there are some places where the signal drops. I can live with that.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:54 AM

C220 Bluetec Estate (2015)
Originally Posted by Vliegvogeltla
Dear All,
After some months of suffering with the Traffic option and a quite intense communication with the Belgian Mercedes dealer, the problem was solved last week.
Mercedes made some nice efforts. My car was in the repair shop for 3 days for tests and updates. In the meantime I could use a brand new CLA, Not bad ;-)
The problem itself. The problem is pure software related. Due to the new COMAND Traffic signal capturing the option was not working properly, specially in Belgium. Actually a beta software version is installed. This software is 'looking differently' to the TX of the Traffic info.
So far so good, it's working OK ! Only in the coastal zone of Belgium there are some places where the signal drops. I can live with that.
My dealer is getting a call tomorrow !!!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Vliegvogeltla
Dear All,
Hey,

Are you still happy with the update? I have an appointment for next week Thursday.
Did you ever have spontaneous reboots of Comand Online while driving? I get that every few weeks. Not sure if it's related.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:30 AM

C200 break
COMAND Traffic - Upgrade with Beta Version - Still Happy

Originally Posted by mbrackeva
Hey,

Are you still happy with the update? I have an appointment for next week Thursday.
Did you ever have spontaneous reboots of Comand Online while driving? I get that every few weeks. Not sure if it's related.
YES ! I'm still happy with the -temporary- solution for the COMAND Traffic. Working OK now. About the spontaneous reboots, this problem never occured with the option installed in my car.
Regard, M.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:46 AM

2015 CLS 6.3s AMG Shooting Brake
Traffic stopped working again

After 6 weeks of reliable use (apart from 1 day), Traffic stopped working 6 days ago. As usual MercedesMe and Connect also stopped functioning at the same time.

I've emailed the dealer - very frustrating

Last edited by Christie1; 08-25-2015 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-25-2015, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Christie1
After 6 weeks of reliable use (apart from 1 day), Traffic stopped working 6 days ago. As usual MercedesMe and Connect also stopped functioning at the same time.

I've emailed the dealer - very frustrating
This is not related to the software issue for which the update is now available, I believe. For me Traffic doesn't work, but MercedesMe works just fine. Maybe you should try the "pull the fuse" trick? That seemed to work for a number of people.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:17 AM

Got my update yesterday. After two trips from and to work it seems to work fine!
Old 09-08-2015, 11:36 AM

2015 CLS 6.3s AMG Shooting Brake
3rd time lucky?

Car went in today (third time) for latest software update. I tested it in the drive and it seems to work - possibly logging on more quickly than before.

However, MercedesMe has not updated. It last connected to the car 20 days ago (when Traffic last stopped working) I've posted an email with the support team.

I'll post an update sometime in the next few weeks.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:02 AM

C250 AMG Bluetech with Premium Plus
Does anyone know where the actual comm module is physically placed in C Class W205? I'm having the same issue with no live traffic and connect me services stopped updating 40 days ago.

Last Friday the dealership changed the module saying it should be activated in 24 hours (not sure how true that is). It has been a week since and still no joy!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by Tehseen Akhtar
Does anyone know where the actual comm module is physically placed in C Class W205? I'm having the same issue with no live traffic and connect me services stopped updating 40 days ago.

Last Friday the dealership changed the module saying it should be activated in 24 hours (not sure how true that is). It has been a week since and still no joy!
Would be worth checking that the Services are enabled - you can do that from within MercedesMe. Go to manage services and check that they are all showing "ticked". In the early days, I had to get the MercedesMe online help desk to take off all the services and re-build them, as there was a "glitch" with the car build, in the central data...?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:55 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by Latinnftl
I love the real time traffic. Much better then BMW's. I also like how Marlene (that's her name) reads to me the updated traffic events in the route. I don't have any 3d images though (South Florida here). Wondered if others in the area had 3d rendering. I do have the map set to 3d orientation. I don't get the red and yellow dots someone mentioned but about two scales in elevation I do get red hello and green lines for traffic congestion.
How will i know if am getting LIVE traffic on my navigation? does it something to do with xm sirius? I have multi media and just renew my subscription with sirius xm but i dont know if i have the live traffic or do i have to program it or turn it on? maybe you guys can help me so i can maximize the feature of this car. Thanks a lot
Old 06-28-2019, 06:57 AM

V-Class 2014
Hello
I live in Sweden and own V-Class 2014 W447 but it has the same Comand NTG 5.0 as W205
When I purchased the car it has 3 years Live Traffic Information subscription.
After it expired, all the traffic information has gone.
I purchased Live Traffic Information subscription on Mercedes me portal and it came back.
Then I have realized, that there are two traffic messaging systems: TMC that is transmitted over FM radio via RDS, and it is free public service,
and LTI which is paid service of TomTom that works over the Internet.
I asked Mercedes customer service why TMC was disabled after 3 years and came back with paid subscription, and why connection to Internet changes nothing, but got no reply in 5 months, despite numerous emails and phone calls.
Then I demanded money back but they offered to wait while "technicians are looking into issue" and continued to ignore me.
I understood that Mercedes customer support is a joke, and requested charge back via my bank.
After that they cancelled my LTI subscription, and immediately after I started the car next time, I saw Traffic logo has gone, and I got TMC instead.
However, all the traffic information is gone again completely. I do not receive it over RDS-TMC, though there is a free service for it in Sweden.

It looks to me like Mercedes is selling this free service, and this is a scam. They are ignoring customers who ask about it.
Anyone has similar experience?

I am also wondering, how they are disabling service in my Command, if it was not connected to Internet ?