C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Driving it home

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C class Coupe 250 CDI
Originally Posted by floridadriver
We're sincerely glad you got your car and that you are happy with it c4004matic, but not really a good helpful, objective 'review' man. Glad you didn't confabulate facts and data this round, but it's kinda similar to your posts when others got their car, etc.....compensatory "advice" of whatever YOU pick must be "the best'.
agreed, sounds a bit like a motor journalist who got paid by Mercedes. and after reading his later comments I think I would ignore his reviews

Last edited by Sol01; 12-25-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by HelenR
I've read a lot of posts in this board and the other forums you post on, and more than any other users, your info as been the least accurate, and don't think of anyone on the boards, you should be talking about an inferiority complex.
good one
Old 12-25-2014, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 726 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
The complaints from your fellow US members are such that you won't be here for much longer. Keep it up & we will ban you permanently.
As I said before, please feel free, I enjoy interacting with the reasonable people around here, but I will not shirk from calling someone and idiot when he does the same. Entirely you prerogative.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Good. Your future is short lived without an attitude change.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by c4004matic
You mean like torturing prisoners and peeing on dead bodies? I highly doubt that.
BTW, a highly decorated one! But never did get to shoot at any one. After the first Persian gulf war a medical career seemed like a better choice.
Didn't "get to shoot anyone" while in the military? That's offensive. US military officer? License on the wall? "Shrinks" in Florida? Oh boy. Think we learned you're kindove a know it all bully, not much more to this thread. I am sorry my saying your review was kinda just a pontification lead to all this nonsense.

Back to enjoying Christmas with the family. Peace everyone!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:53 PM

2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Good. Your future is short lived without an attitude change.
every board needs villains. otherwise where's the entertainment?
Old 12-25-2014, 05:25 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Wow!! Merry Christmas everybody. It's a car forum after all and I wished you all well.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Didn't "get to shoot anyone" while in the military? That's offensive. US military officer? License on the wall? "Shrinks" in Florida? Oh boy. Think we learned you're kindove a know it all bully, not much more to this thread. I am sorry my saying your review was kinda just a pontification lead to all this nonsense.

Back to enjoying Christmas with the family. Peace everyone!

More clueless from you. I guess you think the military is our international ambassador of good will. Well let me wake you up buddy. The first refrain you are taught in basic training is: WHAT IS YOUR JOB: TO KILL; WHAT DO YOU DRINK: BLOOD
Since I never saw action I was never in a position to perform that fundamental duty. My job was to save the ones that were tasked with killing, comprende? Our job was and is to kill other people so clueless people like you may enjoy the "freedom" to buy Mercedeses.
Ho Ho Ho.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
More clueless from you. I guess you think the military is our international ambassador of good will. Well let me wake you up buddy. The first refrain you are taught in basic training is: WHAT IS YOUR JOB: TO KILL; WHAT DO YOU DRINK: BLOOD
Since I never saw action I was never in a position to perform that fundamental duty. My job was to save the ones that were tasked with killing, comprende? Our job was and is to kill other people so clueless people like you may enjoy the "freedom" to buy Mercedeses.
Ho Ho Ho.
I'm guessing these remarks may provoke some reaction from the many honored veterans on this forum.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by StanNH
I'm guessing these remarks may provoke some reaction from the many honored veterans on this forum.
Absolutely, if you ever meet a veteran that would deny exactly what I said there he didn't serve in the US armed forces. I did my ten years here and overseas, how many did Florida driver do?
Old 12-25-2014, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
Absolutely, if you ever meet a veteran that would deny exactly what I said there he didn't serve in the US armed forces. I did my ten years here and overseas, how many did Florida driver do?

You alone have made it IMPOSSIBLE to believe anything you say on forums. To say you served this or any country in any way, shape or form with your attitude is a lie.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580

You alone have made it IMPOSSIBLE to believe anything you say on forums. To say you served this or any country in any way, shape or form with your attitude is a lie.
This why I'm almost sure you and Florida driver are the same person. Either that or there simply is a pervasive stupidity issue.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
This why I'm almost sure you and Florida driver are the same person. Either that or there simply is a pervasive stupidity issue.
As equally believable as your other posts. In other words, its NOT.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Their writing styles are not even close. Your medical training should provide you the ability to compare and contrast something as simple as this.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:38 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
suspension ooooh!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:55 AM

what a numpty. this thread should be removed
Old 12-26-2014, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by Sol01
what a numpty. this thread should be removed
Actually, it's really been quite informative. I've already learned two new words; numpty and plonker.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:58 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by StanNH
Actually, it's really been quite informative. I've already learned two new words; numpty and plonker.
Lol. I've been actually quite disappointed since recently joining the forum, hoping upon hope that there were a decent amount of knowledgeable enthusiasts around to discuss the new C and support the performance end of the non-AMG C spectrum...if there is such a thing? Very, very unlike Bimmerpost around here but I'm holding out and encouraged by the members (and Moderator) who aren't putting up with the garbage spewed by c4004Matic and his ridiculous and inaccurate info most of the time - not that he's the only one sadly.

But...I think I've figured out who's in the know and I'm looking forward to tapping them for info. The C450 will be intro'd in a few more weeks and as it's on my list (along with a couple of BMW's), I'll be focussing on how it's going to compare with the C300/C400 lines that most everyone here already owns. Also hope that this forum will formally adopt future C450 discussions because it needs a home and doesn't belong with the AMG cars.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:14 PM

Ferrari, Lexus, Toyota
Originally Posted by Mark's M
Lol. I've been actually quite disappointed since recently joining the forum, hoping upon hope that there were a decent amount of knowledgeable enthusiasts around to discuss the new C and support the performance end of the non-AMG C spectrum...if there is such a thing? Very, very unlike Bimmerpost around here but I'm holding out and encouraged by the members (and Moderator) who aren't putting up with the garbage spewed by c4004Matic and his ridiculous and inaccurate info most of the time - not that he's the only one sadly.

But...I think I've figured out who's in the know and I'm looking forward to tapping them for info. The C450 will be intro'd in a few more weeks and as it's on my list (along with a couple of BMW's), I'll be focussing on how it's going to compare with the C300/C400 lines that most everyone here already owns. Also hope that this forum will formally adopt future C450 discussions because it needs a home and doesn't belong with the AMG cars.

For those who are newbies like me, I completely agree. It's freakin' hard enough getting information on a brand new car. It's a shame you have to learn who is 'in the know' on the forum.

For sociopaths we have jails and moderators though. And thankfully I didn't spend time with anyone like that for the holidays, or ever. Can you imagine?
Old 12-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Also hope that this forum will formally adopt future C450 discussions because it needs a home and doesn't belong with the AMG cars.
We will certainly make sure the C450 enjoys it's proper viewing at MBWorld & will be open to suggestions at any time for consideration.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:37 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
For those who are newbies like me, I completely agree. It's freakin' hard enough getting information on a brand new car. It's a shame you have to learn who is 'in the know' on the forum.

For sociopaths we have jails and moderators though. And thankfully I didn't spend time with anyone like that for the holidays, or ever. Can you imagine?
Lol again!! Yes I can imagine!! I was a police officer for 32 years so I've encountered more than my share of sociopaths. Just about every day come to think of it. And boy, do I have some good Christmas stories speaking of sociopaths and holidays! Loved every second of it though and now teach it to the younger generation. Lol, it's almost been like old home week since I joined the forum but hey, as you said, live and learn. Cheers - Mark

Thank-you Glyn re the 450 offer. Fingers crossed that the car earns some space here.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:07 AM

2010 BMW X5

For what it's worth bmw generally attracts a younger, more performance oriented crowd. that's why bimmerpost is as massive as it is and why there's 10x more posts on the m340/340i. Hopefully this will steadily change as cars like the c450 attract members of that crowd such as myself. A generation ago I wouldn't have looked at a non-AMG mercedes for sporty driving.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by synaptik
For what it's worth bmw generally attracts a younger, more performance oriented crowd. that's why bimmerpost is as massive as it is and why there's 10x more posts on the m340/340i. Hopefully this will steadily change as cars like the c450 attract members of that crowd such as myself. A generation ago I wouldn't have looked at a non-AMG mercedes for sporty driving.
lol. that is funny cause on Bimmerpost ( and I am a long time member of that by the way ) they keep complaining about how soft BMW cars are becoming and that they aren't enthusiast cars anymore. I suppose you can't keep everybody happy.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:13 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by Sol01
lol. that is funny cause on Bimmerpost ( and I am a long time member of that by the way ) they keep complaining about how soft BMW cars are becoming and that they aren't enthusiast cars anymore. I suppose you can't keep everybody happy.

I guess in the pursuit of sales, all of the major European car companies that were considered the best luxury brands have all diluted their cache by supplying cars for the masses.

BMWs were no compromise sport sedans. Mercedes were the bank vaults on wheels with big power. Audi was the Quattro alternative for those who desired 4WD. Porsches were sports cars, RWD, rear engine athletic cars. Range Rovers were the elitist SUV.

Now BMW has a FWD people hauler, SUVs, crossovers, and cars that fit almost every budget. Mercedes has FWD minivan style compacts, AWD throughout and fit every budget. Audi has A1, subcompacts, SUVs, FWD cars, A3, and other cars to fit all kinds of budgets. Porsches are now four door cars and SUVs, big and small. Range Rovers have Evoques, LR2, etc...to fit many price ranges.

The nice thing is that each brand still has their core value cars the represent the brand as they always have, while also allowing others to join the brand and retain them probably for the rest of their driving years

I guess what I'm getting at after all that, haha, is if someone wants a stiff Bimmer. they can have it, as well as a softly sprung one. And the automakers will continue to have record sales.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:27 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Last 3 posts.....true, true and true respectively. Sounds like MB is trying to do almost the opposite though with this push to expand their performance offerings through the new AMG Sport lineup. Which is a good thing IMHO for the entire MB range.

I read a recent article out of Spain suggesting the next BMW "M Performance" model, an M340, may be bumped into production much earlier (2015) than originally planned (2017/2018). BMW worried about the C450 lol???

Last edited by Mark's M; 12-27-2014 at 08:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driving it home