C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Spotted in Aus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 W205 in Polar White
That's no good at all.

I was hoping we escape this problem with our SA built cars.

Anyway, I'm due to take delivery of my C250 AMG line next week and will check out the taillight and bumper for sure.

Though I don't think I will fix the problem for fear that I might end up with another problem.

I've learnt this the hard way with my previous Lexus! The car was in the dealership 6 or 7 times to get the door trim fixed...properly!!

Originally Posted by DBOC205
There's been a couple reports now that I've read about Oz cars having the tail light issue - not nice.

Anyway, congrats on your new ride. Hopefully by end of next week I finally join the club, although I've been given prior warning that there may be some delays with customs. I've lined up a pre-delivery check with the dealer to see whether I can live with the wrong trim panels or whether we swap them out - I'm still undecided.

P.S. > Nice parking by the wedgroup guy in the disabled spot!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:10 AM

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts
W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by SirC250
I've learnt this the hard way with my previous Lexus! The car was in the dealership 6 or 7 times to get the door trim fixed...properly!!
I hear ya! I'm really not keen on having the car pulled apart on all four doors. You can't tell me that the dealer is fully experienced with this model just yet. I doubt they've pulled all the trim panels out of a W205 given the low numbers that have been delivered.

All it needs is someone to slip up or be careless and you go from having a factory new car, to a second hand modified nightmare which causes more grief than what it's worth. I'm trying to stay rational through all this, but in the back of my mind is an emotional stance that's saying "don't accept a car you haven't ordered. It's too much money and you've waited too long". So far there has been no talk or offer of any form of compensation either. The approach of "We'll just fix it, she'll be right mate" is not doing it for me. Anyway, I'm still hopeful that all my concerns will evaporate once I get to see the car.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:23 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Guys remember it is cosmetic. I think the design of the bumper might be the problem. Warping perhaps?

In any case I want to see what the dealer does next week and will report back. I would expect them to add some shims underneath the panel to help align.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:11 AM

C250 W205 in Polar White
You took the words right out of my mouth!

I'm hoping my car is not affected. If it is misaligned, I think I'm just going to let it go. I can't see the problem when I'm in the car and driving anyway.... :-)

You need to be meticulous and be patience with working on these delicate parts and unfortunately, most mechanics/technicians no matter where they are from, do not possess these skills :-(

Originally Posted by DBOC205
I hear ya! I'm really not keen on having the car pulled apart on all four doors. You can't tell me that the dealer is fully experienced with this model just yet. I doubt they've pulled all the trim panels out of a W205 given the low numbers that have been delivered.

All it needs is someone to slip up or be careless and you go from having a factory new car, to a second hand modified nightmare which causes more grief than what it's worth. I'm trying to stay rational through all this, but in the back of my mind is an emotional stance that's saying "don't accept a car you haven't ordered. It's too much money and you've waited too long". So far there has been no talk or offer of any form of compensation either. The approach of "We'll just fix it, she'll be right mate" is not doing it for me. Anyway, I'm still hopeful that all my concerns will evaporate once I get to see the car.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 179 Likes on 146 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
You took the words right out of my mouth!

I'm hoping my car is not affected. If it is misaligned, I think I'm just going to let it go. I can't see the problem when I'm in the car and driving anyway.... :-)

You need to be meticulous and be patience with working on these delicate parts and unfortunately, most mechanics/technicians no matter where they are from, do not possess these skills :-(
Please let me know. I have not seen a single SA car with rear end alignment problems. I have seen 20 in a row & they are all identical to one another. The only thing I find a little odd is the boot lid chrome trim fitment but it's designed that way.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:44 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Please let me know. I have not seen a single SA car with rear end alignment problems.
Stan posted this photo - apparently from an Australian owner on another forum.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post6308538
Old 01-31-2015, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

It does not look good but I would like to see a direct-on shot of the entire rear of the car.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:32 AM

C250 CDI coupe, Obsidian Black Vision Pack, Drive Assist Plus pack, Comfort Pack, Rev Camera
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Please let me know. I have not seen a single SA car with rear end alignment problems. I have seen 20 in a row & they are all identical to one another. The only thing I find a little odd is the boot lid chrome trim fitment but it's designed that way.
Check this photo. Left side perfect alignment. Right side not even close!

Your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Spotted in Aus-image.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 02:58 AM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by jkyriakou

Your thoughts?
Yeah that's rubbish isn't it. How's the dealer responding? Keen to hear if Aussie MB dealerships are acknowledging the problem.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 AM

C250 W205 in Polar White
Hard to see from that distance. Also the left side is not too visible for comparison with the right hand side.

Your thoughts?
Old 02-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Your thoughts?
I can't see from that pic. They have to get the bootlid shut line even both sides. They have to get the metal to plastic join line gap even. They have to get metal to plastic joint flat & even both sides. Both sides of the car must be as close to identical as possible.

If they have done that then assembly has done their job. Component fit is another issue.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

BTW ~ if East London screws up I will be the first to be critical. When W204 launched I sent them a list of common problems I noticed such as dimple in the plastic fuel flap moulding, RHS front fender mounting high. Grill to bonnet/hood gap left to right uneven. Lower door chrome trim alignment issues on some cars etc..

All were corrected very quickly never to appear again.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 02-01-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 PM

I'll get some pics if it's not repaired when I get it delivered.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 PM

Mercedes C250 (W205)
Looks like there will be quite a few more W205's on the Aussie roads by the end of this week. Mine went through customs in Melbourne on Friday and is on it's way to the dealership now !!!!!
So excited !! Four months has gone so fast
Old 02-01-2015, 08:47 PM

C250 W205 in Polar White
Congrats mate. Which model are you getting and the color?

Let's hope all our SA build cars are problem free (fingers crossed!!)

Originally Posted by Seanix
Looks like there will be quite a few more W205's on the Aussie roads by the end of this week. Mine went through customs in Melbourne on Friday and is on it's way to the dealership now !!!!!
So excited !! Four months has gone so fast
Old 02-01-2015, 09:03 PM

Mercedes C250 (W205)
Congrats mate. Which model are you getting and the color?

Let's hope all our SA build cars are problem free (fingers crossed!!)
Black C250 with AMG Kit, Cranberry Red Leather and fully loaded except for Airmatic Suspension - Regrettably I also got the Air Balance Package, ......but at least the car will always smell pretty ....... .... ...... :-/

Great thing about having forums like this is knowing what to expect and look for when picking up..... Tail lights out of alignment, texture bleeding, excessive noise from seals not installed correctly, boot closing properly..... etc etc....

I'm trying to make a checklist so I'm all prepared ;-)

(Oops, ..... also didn't get the Seat comfort package....)
Old 02-02-2015, 12:05 AM

W205 C250 Sedan
Hi guys. I'm waiting in anticipation for the delivery of my new baby. Over the last couple of weeks I have been wondering something though. As the anticipation builds you tend to look for any other fellow 205 drivers.

To my dismay I haven't been able to spot one yet round Sydney. I know a Neighbour that has one in the garage but apart from that spotting is slim pickings.

Have you guys been able to spot many examples in your respective cities? Please let us know as well as your city.
Congrats on the new car.
I got mine a while ago, end of September last year.
Mine: C250, Polarwhite, AMG pack, vision pack, Comand pack.
Absolutely love the car. Nothing wrong with it so far.

Haven't noticed the taillight misalignment. Will go check when I get home tonight.

I live around Chatswood and I've actually seen quite a few on the road.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:17 AM

Spoke to my rep at Tynans today. Reckons they have re hung the bumper and put a spacer to make it align properly. His workshop manager told him it's quite common and they get them in misaligned all the time. The only reason I saw it is cause the car hadn't been through predelivery. Otherwise I'd be none the wiser.

Interesting.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 AM

Ps. Congrats on the car. I saw a 200 today on Warringah rs in Frenchs Forest.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:25 AM

W205 C250BT
His workshop manager told him it's quite common and they get them in misaligned all the time. The only reason I saw it is cause the car hadn't been through predelivery. Otherwise I'd be none the wiser.

Interesting.
Interesting indeed! Makes you wonder what the heck they do at the factory QA point...
Doors - check
Wheels - check
Ok.. This one's good to go. NEXT.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Spoke to my rep at Tynans today. Reckons they have re hung the bumper and put a spacer to make it align properly. His workshop manager told him it's quite common and they get them in misaligned all the time. The only reason I saw it is cause the car hadn't been through predelivery. Otherwise I'd be none the wiser.

Interesting.
Interesting. I'm starting to wonder whether the cars I see have already been corrected by the dealer or bad ones rejected. I've never seen a 205 having body work done in the service area but they do have a separate body shop.

I'm going to ask some questions.

The cars on the showroom floor are perfect at my very large, by SA standards, MBSA owned dealership. Excuse pic of pic for aerial shot.

Pics taken pre 205 for another forum that was interested: Low res I'm afraid.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:25 PM

Looks very similar to MB Sydney. (Which is MBAu's factory dealership.)

They have
basement= pre owned
Ground= normal cars
1stfloor= AMG cars
Old 02-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Yes ~ I know MB Sydney. I used to live in Wollstonecraft.

Our largest Benz Dealership is in Johannesburg.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:27 AM

Mercedes C250 (W205)
Ahhhh........ That moment when you "accidentally" drive past the local Mercedes Benz dealer and notice that your brand new Merc has been delivered and sitting in the showroom ....

Priceless!!

Old 02-03-2015, 03:52 PM

W205 C250BT
Originally Posted by Seanix
That moment when you "accidentally" drive past...
LOL.. the waiting is terrible isn't it. I get to see mine on Friday.

You want to make sure they take that other car off the bonnet though (must be a strength test of the new alloy design.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spotted in Aus