C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Official Mercedes-Benz Q&A Re: Bleeding Seats

Old 02-02-2015, 06:49 PM
KLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C-300 (2015) with bleeding seats & a Saab 9-3 convertible (that I am holding onto).
Originally Posted by Jazzdad

And if this is a "plasticizer' to soften up the mb tex, is anyone else concerned about the fumes that are released into the air in the car as a result of this odd chemical reaction? Do the fumes settle into the carpet, headliner, floor mats, and (most importantly) air vents?

I informed her that I wouldn't take the car back (which I had for a total of 3 weeks!) without complete answers to my questions. .
Jazzdad, I am concerned. I went to the extent of throwing out anything that touched it. I also don't want the car back. Period.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:56 PM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by KLF
So here is my update.

My dealer took back my car. Its been sitting in the dealership parking lot for about 2 1/1 weeks now. It will remain there until the new seats come in. I refuse to get in the car. Its disgusting.

MB Corprate is paying me back for the clothes that got damaged from the stuff. This one really nice and helpful service manager at my dealership is making sure that happens. I had about $700 worth of clothes and dog hammock get damaged. 2 down jackets, women's suit pants, and I had a dog hammock in the back seat and since all the crap got on the dog hammock, I threw it out too.

My dealer, as a nice gesture, offered to pay for my families lift tickets at Killington Ski Resort which are about $600. In short, when I asked for a loaner car, they gave me a small CLA coupe. I told them it was too small b/c I was going on a ski trip. They then gave me a pick between the M-Class and A GLK. They then asked me if I was staying in a hotel in Killington. I told them "no we rented a home. This same service manager said, "well we would like to pick up all your lift tickets then as a way of an apology for the inconvenience." I told him this was a nice gesture. And I accepted.

I went back to the dealer to pick up the GLK, and I saw my car sitting there in the parking lot. This same service manager and I went over to the car and low and behold the seats were bleeding again. This time in dots/spots. I thanked him for understanding my concerns and seeing it all through. He then quietly told me that some of the people in the service dept at my dealership wanted to to "wash the seats and get it in good condition for me to take to Killington." I looked at him and said, "don't these guys understand that washing this isn't going to solve the problem?" He then said he probably shouldn't have told me that... I was a bit pissed and baffled. The only person I really had on my side was this one service manager who truly seemed to understand.

I'm being told my seats will be coming in around February 20. Have any of you heard of anything about these new seats?

I really don't want the car back to be honest. If they can all the sudden make seats without the crap bleeding out of them, they why can't they give an answer as to what this crap is?

I spoke to a lemon law attorney here in PA and he told me, if this happens three times, its considered a lemon. He also told me Mercedes Benz is a very hard litigator.

Please update me with where you all are in your bleeding seats issue.
KLF, which dealer are you working with? I am in the Philadelphia are and about 1-2 months out from purchasing a C300. When I test drove several C300s two weeks ago, the bleeding problem was on each of the 3 cars I test drove and the salesman "didn't know anything about it." I want to ensure my new vehicle will have any MB-tex issue handled appropriately.

If you don't feel comfortable, please private message me so I know. Thanks

Last edited by CorradoJr; 02-02-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C-300
Just make sure the build date is after Jan 5th and you won't have the MB-Tex issue.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:09 PM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by npa201
Just make sure the build date is after Jan 5th and you won't have the MB-Tex issue.
Thanks I know that, but I also want to know which dealer to potentially avoid.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
Originally Posted by CorradoJr
KLF, which dealer are you working with? I am in the Philadelphia are and about 1-2 months out from purchasing a C300. When I text drove several C300s two weeks ago, the bleeding problem was on each of the 3 cars I test drove and the salesman "didn't know anything about it." I want to ensure my new vehicle will have any MB-tex issue handled appropriately.

Cars produced after 1/5 will not have the problem, so make sure what you get is newer production.

Affected cars will have all the seat covers and headrests replaced under warranty.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT
Originally Posted by CorradoJr
KLF, which dealer are you working with? I am in the Philadelphia are and about 1-2 months out from purchasing a C300. When I text drove several C300s two weeks ago, the bleeding problem was on each of the 3 cars I test drove and the salesman "didn't know anything about it." I want to ensure my new vehicle will have any MB-tex issue handled appropriately.

So what did this well informed individual have to say when you informed him of Bleeding Seats? Maybe "they all come that way?"
Sure glad MB dealers are a cut above.
The Best or Nothing, baby!
Old 02-02-2015, 08:42 PM

2015 C 300 sport
2105 c 300 iridium silver, sport package , mbtex, bleeding seats

my c 300 has 200 miles, cold weather, MB tex sport seats look greasy . Dealer has set me up to drop the car off to have seat covers replaced. Rear seats look like they have been covered in grease...

Hope this solves the problem and the local dealer knows how to do upholstery
Old 02-02-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by bosoxlvr1
my c 300 has 200 miles, cold weather, MB tex sport seats look greasy . Dealer has set me up to drop the car off to have seat covers replaced. Rear seats look like they have been covered in grease...

Hope this solves the problem and the local dealer knows how to do upholstery
where u located? what kind of weather have u experienced lately
Old 02-02-2015, 09:28 PM

2015 C 300 sport
Originally Posted by rakaye47
where u located? what kind of weather have u experienced lately
Nj. Cold weather. As soon as seats warm up. Rear seats always look glossy.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C 300
Dropped off my car today and picked up my loaner. I've beem told February 20 is the expected date all parts will be in, so I may be looking at a month until I get my car back.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:57 AM

2015 C 300 sport
new update bleeding seats

Parts coming from Germany, new appointment feb 21st...

dealer called this am .
Old 02-03-2015, 10:24 AM

2017 GLC300 4MATIC; 2015 c400
From my understanding, all replacement parts are coming in from Germany.

Originally Posted by KLF
So here is my update.

My dealer took back my car. Its been sitting in the dealership parking lot for about 2 1/1 weeks now. It will remain there until the new seats come in. I refuse to get in the car. Its disgusting.

MB Corprate is paying me back for the clothes that got damaged from the stuff. This one really nice and helpful service manager at my dealership is making sure that happens. I had about $700 worth of clothes and dog hammock get damaged. 2 down jackets, women's suit pants, and I had a dog hammock in the back seat and since all the crap got on the dog hammock, I threw it out too.

My dealer, as a nice gesture, offered to pay for my families lift tickets at Killington Ski Resort which are about $600. In short, when I asked for a loaner car, they gave me a small CLA coupe. I told them it was too small b/c I was going on a ski trip. They then gave me a pick between the M-Class and A GLK. They then asked me if I was staying in a hotel in Killington. I told them "no we rented a home. This same service manager said, "well we would like to pick up all your lift tickets then as a way of an apology for the inconvenience." I told him this was a nice gesture. And I accepted.

I went back to the dealer to pick up the GLK, and I saw my car sitting there in the parking lot. This same service manager and I went over to the car and low and behold the seats were bleeding again. This time in dots/spots. I thanked him for understanding my concerns and seeing it all through. He then quietly told me that some of the people in the service dept at my dealership wanted to to "wash the seats and get it in good condition for me to take to Killington." I looked at him and said, "don't these guys understand that washing this isn't going to solve the problem?" He then said he probably shouldn't have told me that... I was a bit pissed and baffled. The only person I really had on my side was this one service manager who truly seemed to understand.

I'm being told my seats will be coming in around February 20. Have any of you heard of anything about these new seats?

I really don't want the car back to be honest. If they can all the sudden make seats without the crap bleeding out of them, they why can't they give an answer as to what this crap is?

I spoke to a lemon law attorney here in PA and he told me, if this happens three times, its considered a lemon. He also told me Mercedes Benz is a very hard litigator.

Please update me with where you all are in your bleeding seats issue.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:41 AM

2015 C 300 sport
just got a call

Call from MB usa, told them not happy with the fact that i am not getting a loaner till 2/21.

do not want to get the oily residue all over my clothes.

suggested they get me a loaner now and or make my lease payments,

they will be calling the dealer

stay tuned .
Old 02-03-2015, 11:09 AM

W205
If there is a bright side at all from all the MB-Tex issues, it would be that at least you can say the seat covers in your cars are/will be from Germany.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 PM

2015 C 300 sport
very true

Very true JCL.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:37 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Dealer Response

Unfortunately, with less than 130 km/80 miles on the vehicle with it just being less than a week old. Woke up to seats bleeding when the car was warming up. The outside temperature was about -15 degrees Celsius. New seat covers have been ordered by the dealership... however the "temporary fix" is that the seats will be cleaned/washed by the dealership until the covers arrive.

Does anybody know if this will actually fix the issue till the new seat covers arrive or will the greasy surface just return the next morning?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2015, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hdm141
Unfortunately, with less than 130 km/80 miles on the vehicle with it just being less than a week old. Woke up to seats bleeding when the car was warming up. The outside temperature was about -15 degrees Celsius. New seat covers have been ordered by the dealership... however the "temporary fix" is that the seats will be cleaned/washed by the dealership until the covers arrive.

Does anybody know if this will actually fix the issue till the new seat covers arrive or will the greasy surface just return the next morning?

Thanks
It will keep coming back. One case of the stuff causing stains on clothing was reported here, but no one else has reported any staining issues. I had the problem for nearly three months, my wife and I drove the car almost daily, and never saw any residue on our clothes. You can always just drape towels on the front seats if you're worried about it, but most reports indicate it's pretty inert. To the best of my knowledge, no health issues have been reported.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 PM

2015 C 400, 2011 ML 550, 2014 Kia Sorento SX
Well.........

I have a bit of a dilemma.
My bleeding seats have stopped bleeding it seems!

I live in Canada and we have have some very cold temperatures where I live and -20C at night and colder is not uncommon.

I suspect pre-delivery the seats were bleeding and they were cleaned before I picked up the vehicle. All looked good when I picked up the vehicle so I would not have known they had been bleeding in the first place.

After about a week of ownership they started to bleed and I cleaned them up with warm water and diluted Sudsy Ammonia.
I waited about one month and once again cold weather was upon us. However this time there was no bleeding except for a very small area in the back seat along a seam.
I cleaned the area once again with the Sudsy Ammonia and it has now been three weeks and nothing! No signs of bleeding whatsoever!

The dealership has been fantastic throughout the bleeding seat issue and I am waiting for the parts to arrive so they can be replaced.

The seats have been cleaned I am guessing once by the dealership and twice by myself.

But.......now it seems they have stopped wicking whatever it is to the surface of the MBtex.
I am not sure what to do. Did the Sudsy Ammonia solve the issue?
Is it going to bleed again? It has been three weeks and the conditions perfect for bleeding seats to bleed but no signs of anything
I would rather not go through the hassle of having the car repaired if it is not necessary.
Is it possible that the seats stop bleeding after a few ( 3 ) cleans ?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 PM

2016 MercedesAMG C63S

I took this before class... I will take some more later...

Does anyone from Canada have this problem? My back seat is starting to get pretty bad and noticeable.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vsnlweb
Does anyone from Canada have this problem? My back seat is starting to get pretty bad and noticeable.
The only thing that matters is where it was made. If your car was made in the US plant, and it was, then you have the problem regardless of whether it crossed the border or not.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:15 PM

2015 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by hdm141

Thanks
I had my seats cleaned about a month ago pending delivery of the new seat covers and they have been fine so far.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:16 PM

'15 C400
The bleeding seats just started on my car. Called dealer who at first said they had never heard of any issues with the seats and then told me that I could bring it in for them to clean the seats. Asked if they were aware of the issue and the recommended steps by MBUSA (replace or reupholster seats) and said that would not be their action unless clearly needed. Seems this should be a no brainer that the seats need to be replaced, but has anyone actually had this push back from the dealer and how have you dealt with it? Get MB USA involved if needed? What was I thinking buying a new model vehicle...
Attached Thumbnails Official Mercedes-Benz Q&A Re: Bleeding Seats-img_0339.jpg   Official Mercedes-Benz Q&A Re: Bleeding Seats-img_0341.jpg  
Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mbC400convert
The bleeding seats just started on my car. Called dealer who at first said they had never heard of any issues with the seats and then told me that I could bring it in for them to clean the seats. Asked if they were aware of the issue and the recommended steps by MBUSA (replace or reupholster seats) and said that would not be their action unless clearly needed. Seems this should be a no brainer that the seats need to be replaced, but has anyone actually had this push back from the dealer and how have you dealt with it? Get MB USA involved if needed? What was I thinking buying a new model vehicle...
Call MB-USA immediately and have them straighten your dealer out. They'll ship the new seat covers and headrests ASAP. Your dealer is completely wrong.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:22 PM

E90 335i
Originally Posted by mbC400convert
For some reason seeing these pics never gets less aggravating... sorry ya'll have to deal with this.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 AM

2016 MercedesAMG C63S
Originally Posted by StanNH
The only thing that matters is where it was made. If your car was made in the US plant, and it was, then you have the problem regardless of whether it crossed the border or not.
Thanks for the response.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official Mercedes-Benz Q&A Re: Bleeding Seats