C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Official Mercedes-Benz Q&A Re: Bleeding Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-300
Well three weeks and got it back. Seats replaced, will have to see. Looks like they detailed the car and did any updates and recalls. Just curious, has anybody estimated the cost of the replacement.

The dealer stepped up to the plate, I love the car, so far so good.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GLK
Bleeding Seats

Originally Posted by amaycg
Thought you folks might find this info useful if you have the bleeding seats problem. Just released today.
I've had nothing but problems with defective front seats from day 1. I got European delivery with my GLK '09. When the car first was received I noticed it. The car dealer I purchased it from complained a lot, but did replace the covers. 3 x later I'm still having the same issue. The problem is I have in the center area on both front seats by the beading where it looks as though it's just dark coloring & there is no leather color. In other words the color looks worn off. I have that same effect on the driver's side on the outside edge. I've tried & tried to get help before the warranty expired & after getting the extended warranty. They even had me get it dyed by a company that they work with. I was told that it would work.
Now I'm told by one service manager that it's just general wear & tear. So now MB says they have to abide by what they say. I was told that this service will replace one seat cover, but I have to replace the other. Why should I be held responsible-period when it's been a problem since day 1? This is obviously a defective seat issue.