C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Diamond White Pics Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C300 Hybrid AMG Line
Diamond White Pics Please

So after going through the whole Polar White vs Diamond White dilemma, I've got my W205 AMG Line on order in Diamond White after hearing good things.

However, I am yet to see some good quality photos of a W205 in Diamond White and in different lighting to get a feel for how the colour actually looks in person. Obviously the best thing for me to do would be to see one myself however no dealerships that are close to me have one in stock (not to mention there aren't many for sale anyway in this colour in the UK).

Can anyone who has a W205 in Diamond White please chip in with some pictures? Thanks
Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by MB205
So after going through the whole Polar White vs Diamond White dilemma, I've got my W205 AMG Line on order in Diamond White after hearing good things.

However, I am yet to see some good quality photos of a W205 in Diamond White and in different lighting to get a feel for how the colour actually looks in person. Obviously the best thing for me to do would be to see one myself however no dealerships that are close to me have one in stock (not to mention there aren't many for sale anyway in this colour in the UK).

Can anyone who has a W205 in Diamond White please chip in with some pictures? Thanks
If you're around london the MB in Loughton has a few diamond white cars (not w204s) on the showroom floor. Luckily they have a flat white car right next to the diamond white so you can see the colour differences. They also have a white w205 but I can't remember if it is flat white or diamond white.

On a side note I'm in a dilemma about wheels. Did you go for 19 or 18 inch alloys? I'm not sure what suits white more!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:00 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Better pictures on the German site

Wouldn't it be nice if the MBUSA website had more than rather unrealistic artist's impressions? The German site has what appears to be 360° views that use actual photographs, in each available color. Try http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...?isflipfocus=1.
When the "360° Fahrerlebis" ("360° driving experience") finishes loading, the different color chips will come up at the bottom. You can click and drag the rotatable image, to see how it looks in different angle of sunshine. This link should load with "Diamantsilber metallic". Mouse over the second color chip from the left and a tool tip reading "Polarweiss" (polar white) will pop up.
When you are finished with the 360° view, click on "Jetzt losfahren" ("now drive") in the upper-right corner. The rotatable image will change to a drive through city streets and corniche highways, with changing conditions of sun and shade. Don't be impatient; driving in full sun appears near the end of the filmed drive. During the "drive", you can change the color of the car by clicking on "Farben und Felgen ändern" ("colors and rims to change"). The color chips will re-appear, but the change in color will be effective only from that point on in the "drive". If you want to see a different color from the beginning of the "drive", wait until the end of the "drive". Click on "Zur 360° Ansicht" ("To 360° view"). You will be back at the beginning, where you can change colors, do further 360° views, or start a new "drive".

Last edited by gfmohn; 01-15-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
If you're around london the MB in Loughton has a few diamond white cars (not w204s) on the showroom floor. Luckily they have a flat white car right next to the diamond white so you can see the colour differences. They also have a white w205 but I can't remember if it is flat white or diamond white.

On a side note I'm in a dilemma about wheels. Did you go for 19 or 18 inch alloys? I'm not sure what suits white more!
I'm not around London I'm afraid but thanks for the heads up! I went for the 19" wheels as I think they look great on the photos below;

Diamond White Pics Please-boi98pe.png
Diamond White Pics Please-jrzcnv0.png

Found them on iconosquare but I think they have a filter on them so doesn't give the best idea of the colour during the day.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by gfmohn
Wouldn't it be nice if the MBUSA website had more than rather unrealistic artist's impressions? The German site has what appears to be 360° views that use actual photographs, in each available color. Try http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/...?isflipfocus=1.
When the "360° Fahrerlebis" ("360° driving experience") finishes loading, the different color chips will come up at the bottom. You can click and drag the rotatable image, to see how it looks in different angle of sunshine. This link should load with "Diamantsilber metallic". Mouse over the second color chip from the left and a tool tip reading "Polarweiss" (polar white) will pop up.
When you are finished with the 360° view, click on "Jetzt losfahren" ("now drive") in the upper-right corner. The rotatable image will change to a drive through city streets and corniche highways, with changing conditions of sun and shade. Don't be impatient; driving in full sun appears near the end of the filmed drive. During the "drive", you can change the color of the car by clicking on "Farben und Felgen ändern" ("colors and rims to change"). The color chips will re-appear, but the change in color will be effective only from that point on in the "drive". If you want to see a different color from the beginning of the "drive", wait until the end of the "drive". Click on "Zur 360° Ansicht" ("To 360° view"). You will be back at the beginning, where you can change colors, do further 360° views, or start a new "drive".
Thanks that's a pretty good tool! I don't know how I missed that as I checked the German, USA and UK configurators. You're right the USA one is pretty bad!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
I'm not around London I'm afraid but thanks for the heads up! I went for the 19" wheels as I think they look great on the photos below;

Found them on iconosquare but I think they have a filter on them so doesn't give the best idea of the colour during the day.
Just so you know, the pictures show the US 19 inch wheels that we don't get in the UK. The US get an option to have the 19s in black gloss with a diamond cut finish. We get a metallic grey with diamond cut finish so it will look slightly different to your pictures.

For comparison:

vs

Old 01-15-2015, 07:56 AM

C250 (W205) Diamond White
Great shots JT,

Here is mine the day i picked it up.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Just so you know, the pictures show the US 19 inch wheels that we don't get in the UK. The US get an option to have the 19s in black gloss with a diamond cut finish. We get a metallic grey with diamond cut finish so it will look slightly different to your pictures.

For comparison:

vs

Thanks, yes I was aware and it is rubbish as I do prefer the black ones! I don't see why they can't offer them in the UK
Old 01-15-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by CJW070
Great shots JT,

Here is mine the day i picked it up.

Thanks for the pic, that looks quite similar to Polar under bright lighting. Have you found it has a yellow hue in other light?
Old 01-16-2015, 03:59 AM

X253 GLC63S
Those are my pics from instagram. The rear shot doesnt have a filter but I think I threw one on the front photo

PM me your email address and I'll send some through or take some close ups outdoors

I haven't regretted getting the DW at all!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by JT25
Those are my pics from instagram. The rear shot doesnt have a filter but I think I threw one on the front photo

PM me your email address and I'll send some through or take some close ups outdoors

I haven't regretted getting the DW at all!
Thanks JT, I've sent you a PM. Hope you don't mind me using your pics by the way.